PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac on Monday Night

Mac passing 77% in the SEC was insane and 71% as a NFL rookie is incredible. These yards per throw stats are meaningless when we're talking about one of the best completers of passers in the entire league.

On his way to breaking Brady's team record for season pass completion %.

1639158252047.png

View attachment 38659

It's incredible. His mental processing, accuracy, rhythm/anticipation is off the charts. Imagine how much better he'll be over time too. I believe some analysts have him rated 6th among ALL nfl QB's, not just rookies.

Mac is such a home run pick. I am so happy this kid fell to #15 after 4 other QB's and that the war room with Wolf/Groh stuck to their fundamental analysis, and did everything the opposite of fake expert construction guy opinions.

View attachment 38659
Brady had about 200 more pass attempts and 5 times as many td's but yeah...117 QB rating to 87, meh I guess completion pct is not all that. I do think that QB's who throw more and also have a more open playbook have lower completion pct, just because you are taking more chances and doing harder throws.

Brady had about 200 more pass attempts and 5 times as many td's but yeah...117 QB rating to 87, meh I guess completion pct is not all that. I do think that QB's who throw more and also have a more open playbook have lower completion pct, just because you are taking more chances and doing harder throws.

It's not easy to have a high completion percentage. Mac is playing phenomenally

The generous take is that he was mediocre. He has now climbed from the 35th-worst qb (by qbr) to the 32nd-worst. Is that what we're looking for?

Look, he's a likeable guy. I want him to do well. But he isn't.

The generous take is that he was mediocre. He has now climbed from the 35th-worst qb (by qbr) to the 32nd-worst. Is that what we're looking for?

Look, he's a likeable guy. I want him to do well. But he isn't.

Thread necromancy much?

It's not easy to have a high completion percentage. Mac is playing phenomenally
It's incredible. His mental processing, accuracy, rhythm/anticipation is off the charts. Imagine how much better he'll be over time too. I believe some analysts have him rated 6th among ALL nfl QB's, not just rookies.

Mac is such a home run pick. I am so happy this kid fell to #15 after 4 other QB's and that the war room with Wolf/Groh stuck to their fundamental analysis, and did everything the opposite of fake expert construction guy opinions.

Man, I'm good. I know people don't like hearing it. You're not supposed to pat yourself on the back but I'm good at this. If someone described and scouted Mac better I haven't seen it.

Its not easy always being ahead of the curve. You won't make a lot of internet friends but being right is more important.

I wonder if @DropKickFlutie will grace us with his presence again ...
Mac passing 77% in the SEC was insane and 71% as a NFL rookie is incredible. These yards per throw stats are meaningless when we're talking about one of the best completers of passers in the entire league.

Guys we're talking about one of the best completer of passes here :)

Why are we digging out threads that are nearly a year old. If we are resurrecting old threads, I got a couple of gems from 2014 that I would love to bring back to life.

Why are we digging out threads that are nearly a year old. If we are resurrecting old threads, I got a couple of gems from 2014 that I would love to bring back to life.
You must have great service! Posting from underground after being buried this week.

Everyone excuses one of his interceptions on Cannon letting a rusher tip the ball. At the time, I thought Mac double pumped and if he had let the ball go on his first intent there would have been no problem. The receiver did appear to have a good step on the DB.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back