PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lots of Posters - How Long Will They Last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We are not even a week into free agency (only 5 more months to go), and there is much ranting and raving, and gnashing of teeth. I expect about a signing a week until the week until the draft. Hawkins was our signing for Week One.

How many of the new posters will be her for the draft or here a couple of weeks after the draft. I don't expect many.

mgteich said:
We are not even a week into free agency (only 5 more months to go), and there is much ranting and raving, and gnashing of teeth. I expect about a signing a week until the week until the draft. Hawkins was our signing for Week One.

How many of the new posters will be her for the draft or here a couple of weeks after the draft. I don't expect many.
Great point..OR a few weeks after the draft or in 6 months...or in a year??

It's great to see all the new faces, and hopefully all of you don't take anything here too personally. We're all on the same side in the end, and hopefully for those who are panicking in the month of March can wait until camp before making a final judgement on what type of team they'll have for this season.

Also keep in mind that this isn't life or death stuff. This forum is just a great place to hang out and kill some time, and talk to some great people. At least that's what we're trying to make it to be.

Ian

mgteich said:

As many of you know, I complain year round!! :D

Brownfan80 said:
Actually, I was getting quite concerned that you were suffering from some deep emotional break down with all your positive and uplifting posts. Thankfully, this week has you on the road to recovery and I can go back to praying for the strength to deal with you, as opposed to calling down divine healing on your inexplicably placid and undoubtedly tortured soul. :D

Just wanna say although my post count is low i post a ton at KFFL. I usually wander over here now since it tends to get a little busier over here than there when I'm out of work so if I'm here off an on don't be surprised.

So ugh nice board and hope to get to know a ton of you.

thanks.

SeanBruschi54
aka
SeanUrlacher54

SeanBruschi54 said:
Just wanna say although my post count is low i post a ton at KFFL. I usually wander over here now since it tends to get a little busier over here than there when I'm out of work so if I'm here off an on don't be surprised.

So ugh nice board and hope to get to know a ton of you.

thanks.

SeanBruschi54
aka
SeanUrlacher54
You bastihd. You teased us once before, promising to post more so we could drool over your avatar back when KFFL had their bloody coup. Then things settled down over there and you took your avatar away from us. I'm not buying it a second time. :nono:

:D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
You bastihd. You teased us once before, promising to post more so we could drool over your avatar back when KFFL had their bloody coup. Then things settled down over there and you took your avatar away from us. I'm not buying it a second time. :nono:

:D
LOl that lovely lasy is the lovely Miss Vida Guerra.

I'm not saying i'll be here all the time but definitely a ton more. :cool3:

Brownfan80 said:

Yes you do! :eek: But the "complaining" I have seen lately is either "bandwagoners" or other teams fans posting as Pats fans. I say this because thier posts show total ignorance on how the Pats have conducted themselves in FA/off season for years. I'm not saying that people shouldn't be upset that Willie Mac is gone, but the "level of ignorance" on other FA issues as they pertain to the Pats IMO speak volumes of the lack of basic knowledge of the Pats.

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion even bandwagon fans (welcome to the best team in Pro sports), I just hope that people don't portray themselves as somebody they aren't as I don't think anyone like that is truely adding anything to the board.

Many people here have a lot more information on the Pats than I get here in the desert and because my name isn't NEM I don't know everything I want to get this knowledge and news from this board. Pushing down good football and Pats info with inane threads does get irritating.

I guess my point is most of the new posters will be gone as I think most of them are other teams fans who have crappy teams and no lives. The others are bandwagon fans and hopefully we will get a few diehards out of those that "add" to the board once they "get" what type of team they are rooting for...just MO

I'm in for the long haul....... at least till ummmmmm I dunno. :rocker:

I really dont think this flood has much to do with trolls. Two things seem to be influencing the influx.
This forum has recently joined with a Red Sox forum. That, in and of itself would help to explain hysteria and a desperate need to "sign the big names, now!"
The other is an influx of youth, for whatever reason. The run-on sentences, lack of punctuation and capitalization, shorthand spelling, etc. smack of the AIM crowd. Also observe these handles..."so and so 1986", or "such and such 87". Those aren't referring to SB's or jersey #'s. Its their birth year. Thats how the AIM crowd signs their name.

Food for thought.

All I care about is how NEM is dealing with it all :D

I hope some of the new guys stick around. Good entertainment and they will learn to bow at the feet of the veterans.

They will whine if they come over from the Red Sox board. That is what a lot Red Sox fans do. It's part of their culture. They will learn football fans don't do that.:cool:

PATSNUTme said:
I hope some of the new guys stick around. Good entertainment and they will learn to bow at the feet of the veterans.

They will whine if they come over from the Red Sox board. That is what a lot Red Sox fans do. It's part of their culture. They will learn football fans don't do that.:cool:
I'm a huge Red Sox fan as well as a patriots fan.

Moreso football but still not all red sox fans are dumb whiners.

Some of us are more vets than half the posters here, just not at this board. (I've been mostly lurking, but I was a fairly regular poster to alt.sports.fan.pro-football.ne-patriots before it completely went to crap). Hi to all the names I recognise from there or the mailing list!

None of the trolls here are even in the same league as Dr. Dolphin or raiderjet. :)

SeanBruschi54 said:
I'm a huge Red Sox fan as well as a patriots fan.

Moreso football but still not all red sox fans are dumb whiners.

I did say 'a lot". I didn't say "all". Also, I didn't say "dumb".

But I do consider "almost all" WEEI Red Sox callers as "dumb whiners'.

You can quote me on that.

mgteich said:

I am a new poster but I've lurked here for about a year. You cannot judge a fan by the number of posts he makes or does not make. :D I'm more of a Pat fan than a net forum fan although I do enjoy this BB.

I'm not a poster here but I play one on TV

NEM said:
What is KFFL?
It's a dirty, yucky four letter word . . . at least they give us something we agree on :)

mgteich said:

I'll be here, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
Back