Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lost in the shuffle....the San Diego Field

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsox23, Jan 17, 2007.

1. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

How many F-ing times did players - both Pats and Chargers - slip on that crappy sod replacement? If this had been in Foxboro, it would be a story all week. That was ridiculous.

2. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well, you know, it's real hard to grow grass in San Diego with the 70 degrees average year-round temperature. :rolleyes:

3. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah I noticed that. It must have felt like old times to the Pats. At least Gost got some experience earlier in the year.. probably helped him nail that 50 yarder.

4. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

They used to have an excuse when the Padres played there and the sod was put down on the infield after the baseball season ended. With the Padres now playing in Petco, there really isn't an excuse why the field was in such rough shape.

Regards,
    Chris

5. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +358 / 58 / -29

#32 Jersey

That stadium is a dump anyway. Antiquated.

The view sucked even from the 25 yard line second level off the field. Those are nice seats in almost every other field. At Invesco last year they were great.

I felt like I was a mile back from the sideline at Quolcomm. Also, the Jumbo tron was of poor quality very difficult to make out at times and in a poor location IMO. Down too low to the ground and in the corner of one of the end zones.

6. avgfootballfan

avgfootballfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The field took a beating because they allowed the kids to play there from local high schools. I think they had 4 or 5 recent games which was just silly. That hurts the home team, just like the field at the Razor helped the Jets in game 2.

7. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Welcome to the board. New people dropping in all the time recently. I have a son in San Diego, great place to visit for me and my wife now and then. Geez, when I played high school ball, we were happy when the bleachers didn't collapse. Well, not quite that bad, but playing at an NFL team's stadium? Ridiculous.