Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lord Favre is DISPLEASED

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DefenseRules, Apr 30, 2007.

1. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +201 / 3 / -1

#12 Jersey

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

2. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 5 / -3

Hahahahahaha. Lord Favre sucks.

3. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +178 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

I'm sure Bill Polian will have his say on players taking less to play for the Pat's from this day on. Probably be a rule in effect next season as a matter of fact.

As far as Favre being upset? What did he expect? Moss has been catching meaningless balls for 3 or 4 seasons now. Why continue doing that for less money? It's all about the SuperBowl here.

4. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

As I soon as I heard about the Moss trade I thought to myself that as an added bonus this will piss Brett Favre off. I am so sick of him telling his team what players to sign, getting involved in teammates contract disputes, and telling people that it is not his responsibility to mentor his teams young heir apparent quarterback. He has turned into such a diva. I used to like him but I can't stand him anymore.

5. brdmaverick

brdmaverick In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

I have business relations with people from Wisconsin, and I actually asked them a month or so ago how they felt about a possible Randy Moss acquisition.

I was surprised when they told me that the overwhelming feeling in the land of the cheeseheads was that they did not want Randy Moss to come to the Pack.

This is not surprising given Moss' history of scoring TD's and mooning the Pack faithful, but it is surprising in that these fans don't share the same sentiment of their beloved hero, Brett Favre.

All being, said, Favre may be the only one in Packland that is upset about not getting Randy Moss.

6. Patriot Missile

Ratings:
    +178 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

I can't get over Madden's love fest with him. "Favre the Warrior" "Toughest guy to ever play the game" blah blah.

7. Crazy Patriot Guy

Crazy Patriot Guy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

Yeah I'm getting tired of him too.

If a guy still truly loves to play football, I can't tell him to stop. He does though need to stop pretending that the Packers don't have a future beyond him and that everything should be all about winning a Super Bowl or bust just for him.

8. brdmaverick

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

I am actually a Brett Favre fan, but Madden's enfatuation with him is way over the top.

I have no complaints when people call him on his dumb throws, because he has made his share over the past few years. It's the way that Madden tries to make some bogus explanation for his bad throw(s) that gets to me. Just admit that he made a bad play, you don't have to spin everything.

9. zippo59

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The mooning thing was so overblown, and I'm not just saying that because Moss is now a member of my team. I was watching that game and I have always thought that people made way to big a deal of it. It wasn't a totally random thing either. Apparently Packer fans line up and moon the opposing teams buses as they arrive at the stadium, so really Moss was returning the favor, LOL.

10. Patriot Missile

Ratings:
    +178 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

Exactly my sentiments. Hall of Famer for sure. Maddens long lost son? Maybe.

11. zippo59

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Maybe Moss realized that it must suck being a teammate of Favre's because every time he messes up the media finds a way to blame you.

12. brdmaverick

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

For Moss's playing style, I actually think he would have been a better fit for Green Bay. After all, there are many times when Favre will just chuck it up and hope his receiver comes down with it, and that is Moss's game.

At least Moss had enough sense to realize that if he wants to win, he'll have to go to new england.

13. zippo59

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yeah and that playing style is what leads to his 20-something interception total. But the media just calls him a gunslinger.

14. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

It's pretty much all down hill for favre since he threw those five int's against ST.Louis what 5-6 years ago.What MADDEN'S facination with him I don't understand. But it's nauseating to hear him go on and on about Bret this and Bret that and "what would Bret Favre do in this situation".

15. Ishdul

Ishdul On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There's also the problem with Green Bay being a bad team. I know they finished up last season pretty well, but looking at that roster I think they're much closer to their finish of two seasons ago (i.e. bottom 5 team in the league) then they were to last season (and it's not like they're world beaters last year). It doesn't make sense to take a ridiculous paycut so that you can help a team that really doesn't have a worthwhile shot at the playoffs.

16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

Some context is good for this behavior, amazing how stuff like this is reported and run without when there is none.

17. brdmaverick

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

it's actually worse than you think. It was SIX INT's against the Rams, three of which were run back for TDs. That is crazy.

Anyways, he did have another great year in him when he led the Pack to the Divisional round against the Eagles when they should have won, but the defense somehow managed to give up a first down on 4th-and-27. That was their last season with a healthy Javon Walker.

18. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +368 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

Maybe the Pats can help placate Farve by sending either Gaffney or Caldwell there for a 2008 4th rounder :D

19. dhamz

dhamz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

That be the same game where long after that happenned with the game tied, Favre heaved up a ball down the middle of the field with no GB WR within 20 yards? It got picked and returned into GB territory to set up the winning FG.

The 4th and 27 and subsequent firing of the DC was nothing more than a cover to deflect blame from Lord Favre for making a play that Aaron Brooks would have considered dumb and costing his team the game.

20. groundgame

groundgame Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Serves Favre right for tanking game v. Jets on last week of 2002 season. Cameras showed Favre smiling away on the sidelines with the knowledge that the GB loss would deny the Pats a chance to repeat.