PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking forward to January

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this thread has six pages.

I suggest you set your account to display higher number of posts per page.

I'm curious about Welker, and no one's telling me anything....

What would you like to know?

I suggest you set your account to display higher number of posts per page.

What would you like to know?

Why he was worth a second round pick to the "best organization in football". You all seem to think I'm smacking, and I'm not, I'm serious.

And there's still 61 replies. There's obviously people who care what I think.

Why he was worth a second round pick to the "best organization in football". You all seem to think I'm smacking, and I'm not, I'm serious.

Well Belichick said that they could not cover Welker when they played Miami. Eventually they had to double team him. He is a shifty little slot receiver who creates mismatches. I heard one Miami fan describe Welker as the kind of guy who when you need six yards on third down, he got you seven. He can make those catches over the middle that help extend drives. We needed that sorely in the Colts game. Welker also is an excellent safey valve for when your QB gets into trouble. He won't put up Pro Bowl numbers, but what he brings to an offense like this is very valueable.

Also, we were in a position to give up what we did for Welker not only because we have two first round picks, but also because even after we traded away the two picks we had 10 left (after complimentary picks were assigned). There just aren't that many open spots on this roster, so it would be a waste to draft players we know we can't keep. Instead we had the opportunity to unload some picks that we knew would come in and make an instant impact in way that was very much needed. When you have a team with as many talented players as the Patriots do, sometimes you have to bypass the future a little bit for he present. If they drafted a player they likely would have waited a few years for the play to really contribute, whereas Welker can contribute right away. And this team has a bright future as it is.

Last edited:

lol lol how can you have a opinion on a player you have never seen play?do you have any idea how stupid that is?if you want to know why bb and pioli think welker was worth a 2nd round pick then watch him play a game or two.

Wait, this guy is asking Pats fans why the PATRIOTS ORGANIZATION felt he was worth a 2nd rounder? Shouldn't he redirect that question to Belichick or Pioli? :)

Has anyone pointed out that Welker led Miami in receptions last year, even though he wasn't a "starter"?

Has anyone pointed out that Welker led Miami in receptions last year, even though he wasn't a "starter"?
yes i did but that gets in the way of evendelas ******ed argument.he hasnt even seen welker play :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yes i did but that gets in the way of evendelas ******ed argument.she hasnt even seen welker play :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, excuse me for not watching AFC East games and scouting Miami's slot reciever so as to know who the Patriots are going to trade for....

I forgot to pull out my crystal ball.

This Sauerbrun thing is interesting. I'm of the opinion that it's because you want to keep him from us, because you guys aren't exactly in need of punters, are you?I can see Belichick doing it to piss off Shanahan. Of course, now Belichick's got a pissed off punter, because Sauerbrun really wanted to be here in Denver.

Oh, excuse me for not watching AFC East games and scouting Miami's slot reciever so as to know who the Patriots are going to trade for....

This Sauerbrun thing is interesting. I'm of the opinion that it's because you want to keep him from us, because you guys aren't exactly in need of punters, are you?I can see Belichick doing it to piss off Shanahan. Of course, now Belichick's got a pissed off punter, because Sauerbrun really wanted to be here in Denver.
your a complete ****** .:D

Last edited:
Yeah, I got heated. I can be an asshat. I'm not proud of my temper, it gets me in trouble in more then online message boards.

So:

Why do the Pats think Wes Welker was worth a second round pick? I mean, we have David Kircus, who's young, fast, a returner, and white, but we didn't pay a second round pick for him. I addmittedly haven't seen him play, but the fact that Miami gladly traded with a division rival makes me think that NE got shafted in this deal.

Funny you say overpay. You do realize the Broncos jus gave D Graham 15 million gauranteed over 5 years. What like 32 million total? Haha, if you wanna talk about overpaying for a guy big time, look no further then your own yard. Graham is not worth even close to what the donkeys are giving him, lol.

The Broncos will do what they do every year, nothing.

Btw you cannot really comment on a player if you have never seen him play meatball. In case you forgot the pats have a surplus of draft picks this year including two first round picks, and ten picks total. Welker is a proven nfl talent who led his team in receptions last year (catching passes from a deadbeat qb). He has also haunted the pats every time we played miami. He brings the skill comparable to a young troy brown. Again, a young durable proven nfl player. Go look at some drafts and tell me how many late second round picks turn into that. We are contending unlike the Donkeys.. They needed a slot/ kick return guy like Welker now.. Not in a year if and when he develops.

Last edited:

Why, so he can lose for the next 10 years?

yes i did but that gets in the way of evendelas ******ed argument.he hasnt even seen welker play :D :D :rolleyes:

Of course a guy sucks if you've never seen him play...I've never watched Otto Graham take a snap...so he must suck :rolleyes:

Funny you say overpay. You do realize the Broncos jus gave D Graham 15 million gauranteed over 5 years. What like 32 million total? Haha, if you wanna talk about overpaying for a guy big time, look no further then your own yard. Graham is not worth even close to what the donkeys are giving him, lol.

Btw you cannot really comment on a player if you have never seen him play meatball. In case you forgot the pats have a surplus of draft picks this year including two first round picks, and ten picks total. Welker is a proven nfl talent who led his team in receptions last year (catching passes from a deadbeat qb). He has also haunted the pats every time we played miami. He brings the skill comparable to a young troy brown. Again, a young durable proven nfl player. Go look at some drafts and tell me how many late second round picks turn into that. We are contending unlike the Donkeys.. They needed a slot/ kick return guy like Welker now.. Not in a year if and when he develops.
danny dont waste your time trying to have a serious conversation with evendelae about football .its pointless

I meant overpay in terms of draft picks, not money. I don't care what my team does with money, because of the way the cap is going up. If oyu look at tthe money that went around this offseason, I don't think we overpaid for Graham.

I'm not saying Welker's bad, I see him maybe as a Rod Smith type of player. But you can get those type of recievers in the 5-7th round, hell, Rod Smith was undrafted (but going to the HOF). I think it was a foolish move by Belichick. But, like you said, you do have a lot of draft picks this year. If you screw the Skins out of the sixth, more power to you. We've screwed them so many times they won't trade with us anymore...:mad: We did essentially trade Clinton Portis and George Foster for Champ Bailey and Dre Bly.

I'm not saying Welker's bad, I see him maybe as a Rod Smith type of player. But you can get those type of recievers in the 5-7th round, hell, Rod Smith was undrafted (but going to the HOF). I think it was a foolish move by Belichick.
hello is anybody home ?you have never seen the guy play .you dont have a clue .i think its time for you to zip your fly and pull up your pants lol lol

Is everybody this ******ed in Colorado? Jesus, I thought Floridians were stupid. Every Bronco fan that I've seen post on internet forums (this includes lurking at Broncomania) makes me think that maybe South Park is a true story.

Is everybody this ******ed in Colorado? Jesus, I thought Floridians were stupid. Every Bronco fan that I've seen post on internet forums (this includes lurking at Broncomania) makes me think that maybe South Park is a true story.

lol, no one lives in South Park. It is beautiful though. And the smart fans post at the Orange Mane...
hello is anybody home ?you have never seen the guy play .you dont have a clue .i think its time for you to zip your fly and pull up your pants lol lol

Um, I didn't mean see as in literally...
And in case you haven't noticed I'm a girl. We call flys zippers.

You can find good slot recievers in later rounds. And, well, for the argument that Welker was the leading reciever on the fins? They were 6-10. Who did they have at QB? Daunte Culpepper spent the season in rehab and ???

And please, don't call Bronco fans ******ed for never having seen freaking Miami's slot reciever play. Most of us don't care all that much about the AFC East and happen to have lives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick