PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking forward to January

Status
Not open for further replies.

evendelae

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
As a Bronco fan, I've got to give props to your FO. I think you guys overpaid for Welker, but you've done a great job of filling needs this offseason. However, so have the Bronco brain trust. I'm really disappointed that we're not playing you this season, I love watching Patriot/Bronco showdowns. Can't wait to see the D try to stop Travis Henry behind our line, Graham back at home where he belongs, Brady try to pass on our secondary, and for you to meet the rooks that were total no-names when we played you, but came on near the end of our season. Get ready to see a heavy dose of Tony Scheffler, Brandon Marshall, and Mike Bell.

But I'm not underestimating the Pats. Your team has made some spectacular FA moves, I especially think Washington can be very good with Brady. Adalius should be a monster in the Belichick defense. I'm excited to see these two teams play each other in the playoffs.

See you all next January.

I think the days of the Broncos owning us are over with. :rocker:

everybody forgets we beat the donkeys in denver in 03 .

Which made the Patriots under Brady and Belichick something like 1-6 against Denver. :)

EDIT:

Thought I'd let y'all see this glorious sight

grahamlol.jpg

Last edited:
Which made the Patriots under Brady and Belichick something like 1-6 against Denver. :)

EDIT:

grahamlol.jpg
ya and denver was home watching the playoffs .you denevr fans are sure easy to please .did you guys have a parade :D :D

Last edited:
ya and denver was home watching the playoffs .you denevr fans are sure easy to please .did you guys have a parade :D :D

Wow. I am so incredibly sick of hearing this argument. Our defensive leader, Al Wilson, was out for that game, along with Nick Ferguson, our starting SS. Our defense was pitiful. Now Larry Coyer can make life a living hell for the Bucs. Our offensive line in that game was the definition of sad. It certainly wasn't Jay Cutler, Mike Shanahan, or anyone you Pats fans would love to blame's fault. The Broncos have addressed the problems that plagued us in that game. New DC, New RB, a good blocking TE, and a better secondary.

So, how did it feel to lose to a non-playoff team?

Wow. I am so incredibly sick of hearing this argument. Our defensive leader, Al Wilson, was out for that game, along with Nick Ferguson, our starting SS. Our defense was pitiful. Now Larry Coyer can make life a living hell for the Bucs. Our offensive line in that game was the definition of sad. It certainly wasn't Jay Cutler, Mike Shanahan, or anyone you Pats fans would love to blame's fault. The Broncos have addressed the problems that plagued us in that game. New DC, New RB, a good blocking TE, and a better secondary.

bla bla bla give it a rest :rolleyes: the patriots were in the afc championship game .the broncoes didnt make the playoffs .end of argument .every team in the nfl has injuries .the donkeys lost to the 49ers so you already know what it feels like to lose to a non playoff team but the pats loss to the donkeys didnt stop them from making the playoffs .the bears lost to the dolphins then went to the sb.ask them how they feel losing to a non playoff team and youll get a collective yawn .the colts lost to the texans twice .ask them how they feel lollol lol.

bla bla bla give it a rest :rolleyes: the patriots were in the afc championship game .the broncoes didnt make the playoffs .end of argument .every team in the nfl has injuries .the donkeys lost to the 49ers so you already know what it feels like to lose to a non playoff team but the pats loss to the donkeys didnt stop them from making the playoffs .the bears lost to the dolphins then went to the sb.ask them how they feel losing to a non playoff team and youll get a collective yawn .the colts lost to the texans twice .ask them how they feel lollol lol.

Al Wilson is the Bronco's Bob Sanders. He's much more then a warm body out there. We'll see how next season goes, but I can guarantee you this year the Broncos were much better then the record indicates. We lost 4 games by field goals in the last seconds of games. Coyer and his bull**** bend but don't break schemes are gone, and Jim Bates, a HIGHLY respected DC has taken over for him. He doesn't run the BBDB D. We actually would have had the shutout on you if it wasn't for that most evil of schemes.

As a Bronco fan, I've got to give props to your FO. I think you guys overpaid for Welker, but you've done a great job of filling needs this offseason. However, so have the Bronco brain trust. I'm really disappointed that we're not playing you this season, I love watching Patriot/Bronco showdowns. Can't wait to see the D try to stop Travis Henry behind our line, Graham back at home where he belongs, Brady try to pass on our secondary, and for you to meet the rooks that were total no-names when we played you, but came on near the end of our season. Get ready to see a heavy dose of Tony Scheffler, Brandon Marshall, and Mike Bell.

But I'm not underestimating the Pats. Your team has made some spectacular FA moves, I especially think Washington can be very good with Brady. Adalius should be a monster in the Belichick defense. I'm excited to see these two teams play each other in the playoffs.

See you all next January.

Coming from a fan who's team just spent 15 million guaranteed 32 mill total on D Graham. Pretty expensive blocker....

Last edited:

EDIT:

grahamlol.jpg
Enjoy the signing now. Grahambo will be injured at minimum for 5 games.

OH
MY
GOD!

Do you really want to play that game? So how did it feel when:

You lost your season opener to the RAMS!!! (8-8, out of play-offs)

You lost to Seatle, who's secondary had been awol since week 3.

That you only beat the Bungals by a missed PAT (Bungals, 8-8 out of play-offs.)

That you got pounded not once, but twice by the Chargers, that team that can't even field a punt correctly, and the team whose house we went into and beat.

That you got knocked out of the play-offs by ALEX SMITH????? and the 49ners. (7-9, out of play-offs)

How do you like the fact that your starting QB is 2-3 as a starter.

Describe how that feels in detail please.

OH
MY
GOD!

Do you really want to play that game? So how did it feel when:

You lost your season opener to the RAMS!!! (8-8, out of play-offs)

You lost to Seatle, who's secondary had been awol since week 3.

That you only beat the Bungals by a missed PAT (Bungals, 8-8 out of play-offs.)

That you got pounded not once, but twice by the Chargers, that team that can't even field a punt correctly, and the team whose house we went into and beat.

That you got knocked out of the play-offs by ALEX SMITH????? and the 49ners. (7-9, out of play-offs)

How do you like the fact that your starting QB is 2-3 as a starter.

Describe how that feels in detail please.

Actually, I feel pretty good about Jay Cutler. It was in no way his fault that we lost those games. The defense was sad, the offensive line was sadder, Tatum Bell had a serious case of the dropsies, and Darrent Williams (RIP) was having his sophomore slump. Meanwhile, with Cutler in, the Broncos PPG average went up nearly ten points. If the defense had been playing like it did early in the year, we would have been 5-0 with Cutler. So while the team is fair game, Cutler is not. He played horribly his first game, and then brilliantly the next three (you don't have a chance when SD scores 48 on you), and was concussed for the game against the Niners.

And your "winning" against San Diego was a fluke. The team seriously acted like the three stooges. They didn't against us. I suggest you play the team we did in November and see how you fare.

Losing against Seattle, a playoff team, is totally excusable. Jay Cutler played horribly (in his first start) and we nearly won anyways. We lost by a field goal, just like we did against Indy and San Francisco.

For some reason, lately, we can't win the season opener. That's also inexcusable.

Yet, because we had a 9-7 year, all of you are shouting gloom and doom for the Broncos. You had a down year in 2002 and were fine the next. You say our QB is 2-3 as a starter. Not true. Our team was 2-3 during those games. Our team is totally different from the one we fielded last year. Our offense is loaded. We have Travis Henry in the backfield as well as his backup Mike Bell, who I'm very comfortable with. Our WRs are awesome. Javon Walker and Brandon Marshall (yeah, omfg he blocked his girlfriend with his car he's a total thug!), Rod Smith, and now Brandon Stokely for depth. We have Daniel Graham (welcome home!), and Tony Scheffler, who was THE most productive TE in the league when Cutler went in (good fantasy pick for next year).

Oddly enough, however, I didn't come here to talk smack. I have a great deal of respect for the Patriots organization. But, since actually talking intelligent football with rival fans is evidently impossible:

Before Pats fans talk smack about the Broncos, I suggest their team tries winning against them.

Last edited:
Actually, I feel pretty good about Jay Cutler. It was in no way his fault that we lost those games. The defense was sad, the offensive line was sadder, Tatum Bell had a serious case of the dropsies, and Darrent Williams (RIP) was having his sophomore slump. Meanwhile, with Cutler in, the Broncos PPG average went up nearly ten points. If the defense had been playing like it did early in the year, we would have been 5-0 with Cutler. So while the team is fair game, Cutler is not. He played horribly his first game, and then brilliantly the next three (you don't have a chance when SD scores 48 on you), and was concussed for the game against the Niners.

And your "winning" against San Diego was a fluke. The team seriously acted like the three stooges. They didn't against us. I suggest you play the team we did in November and see how you fare.

Losing against Seattle, a playoff team, is totally excusable. Jay Cutler played horribly (in his first start) and we nearly won anyways. We lost by a field goal, just like we did against Indy and San Francisco.

For some reason, lately, we can't win the season opener. That's also inexcusable.

Yet, because we had a 9-7 year, all of you are shouting gloom and doom for the Broncos. You had a down year in 2002 and were fine the next. You say our QB is 2-3 as a starter. Not true. Our team was 2-3 during those games. Our team is totally different from the one we fielded last year. Our offense is loaded. We have Travis Henry in the backfield as well as his backup Mike Bell, who I'm very comfortable with. Our WRs are awesome. Javon Walker and Brandon Marshall (yeah, omfg he blocked his girlfriend with his car he's a total thug!), Rod Smith, and now Brandon Stokely for depth. We have Daniel Graham (welcome home!), and Tony Scheffler, who was THE most productive TE in the league when Cutler went in (good fantasy pick for next year).

Oddly enough, however, I didn't come here to talk smack. I have a great deal of respect for the Patriots organization. But, since actually talking intelligent football with rival fans is evidently impossible:

Before Pats fans talk smack about the Broncos, I suggest their team tries winning against them.

I suggest the Broncos win their division more than once a decade.

Can a Bronco fan really talk trash since Elway retired?
You went 1-3 vs. the nfc west, the worst division in the NFL. You one victory? 20-37 over the sad Cardinals.

As for fluke, I'm sure you would have liked a fluke against the 49ners and the Rams. I'm sure that it would have reminded you of the fluke that was the Bungals botching the PAT.

I'm sure that because you have a TE that catches 5 balls a year, a 30 year old running back, a rookie QB, a bunch of DLine rejects from the Browns, and defense that fades down the stretch and includes at least one player that doesn't want to be there, you guys will be all set to break out the orange crush tee-shirts again.

Last edited:
I suggest the Broncos win their division more than once a decade.

Can a Bronco fan really talk trash since Elway retired?
You went 1-3 vs. the nfc west, the worst division in the NFL. You one victory? 20-37 over the sad Cardinals.

As for fluke, I'm sure you would have liked a fluke against the 49ners and the Rams. I'm sure that it would have reminded you of the fluke that was the Bungals botching the PAT.

I'm sure that because you have a TE that catches 5 balls a year, a 30 year old running back, a rookie QB, a bunch of DLine rejects from the Browns, and defense that fades down the stretch and includes at least one player that doesn't want to be there, you guys will be all set to break out the orange crush tee-shirts again.

We don't need Graham to catch more then five balls a year, because if you read my post, you'd most likely notice that Tony Scheffler is our recieving tight end, and looks to be a damn good one at that. He totally had the catch of the Broncos year. As I stated earlier, he led TEs in the NFL for touchdowns during December. He also managed to scare the living **** out of San Diego. What do you think we're doing with our draft picks? Our only real holes are at D-line and Safety. Of course our defensive line is embarrassing. It's one of Shanahan's shortcomings. Bly didn't not want to be a Bronco. Don't you think he would of held out if that was the case? He signed a contract extension last week. He wanted money, he had nothing per se against the Broncos. And like I said, I feel pretty comfortable with Cutler at QB. You do realize he broke a rookie record for touchdown passes that was set by Dan Marino?

And if you think the NFC West is bad you need to watch more football. The 49ers are extremely talented and on the rise. The Rams are also on the rise. The Cardinals won't be bad if they shore up thier O-line and secondary. Seattle is good and will be for two or three more years, although they are aging. Take a look at the RBs Denver played this year: LT and LJ X2, Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, Joseph Addai, Willie Parker, and Rudi Johnson. Five of those went to the Pro Bowl. I suggest the Pansies try playing that many pro bowlers in one season at that position and see how you do. You don't really have any standout backs on your division, and we have the best two in the league in ours. It would tire out any defense.

And um, yes Bronco fans can talk trash since Elway retired. I seem to recall going to the AFC Championship game two years ago, after beating the Pats. So, can you really talk trash about the Broncos since Elway retired? You haven't seemed able to beat them. How pathetic does that make the Patriots? And how do you think this season is any different? New Wide Recievers? I sincerely doubt that Donte Stallworth gives Champ Bailey any trouble, and whoever the hell ends up as your number 2 most likely won't make Dre Bly break a sweat either. Maroney is still a question mark. Brady's been on the decline ever since Weis left. Your linebackers, despite the adition of AD, are still getting older. See? Things really aren't that dark in new England, but you can make those points. Both Denver and New England will be good teams. I'm not saying New England isn't better then Denver, because you probably are, vut if you can't beat us it doesn't matter come January. I would think you'd know that after the Chargers game.

You're most likely underestimating the Broncos, while I'm doing the opposite. Still, I see the Broncos with 10-12 wins next season.

We don't need Graham to catch more then five balls a year, because if you read my post, you'd most likely notice that Tony Scheffler is our recieving tight end, and looks to be a damn good one at that. He totally had the catch of the Broncos year. As I stated earlier, he led TEs in the NFL for touchdowns during December. He also managed to scare the living **** out of San Diego. What do you think we're doing with our draft picks? Our only real holes are at D-line and Safety. Of course our defensive line is embarrassing. It's one of Shanahan's shortcomings. Bly didn't not want to be a Bronco. Don't you think he would of held out if that was the case? He signed a contract extension last week. He wanted money, he had nothing per se against the Broncos. And like I said, I feel pretty comfortable with Cutler at QB. You do realize he broke a rookie record for touchdown passes that was set by Dan Marino?

And if you think the NFC West is bad you need to watch more football. The 49ers are extremely talented and on the rise. The Rams are also on the rise. The Cardinals won't be bad if they shore up thier O-line and secondary. Seattle is good and will be for two or three more years, although they are aging. Take a look at the RBs Denver played this year: LT and LJ X2, Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, Joseph Addai, Willie Parker, and Rudi Johnson. Five of those went to the Pro Bowl. I suggest the Pansies try playing that many pro bowlers in one season at that position and see how you do. You don't really have any standout backs on your division, and we have the best two in the league in ours. It would tire out any defense.

And um, yes Bronco fans can talk trash since Elway retired. I seem to recall going to the AFC Championship game two years ago, after beating the Pats. So, can you really talk trash about the Broncos since Elway retired? You haven't seemed able to beat them. How pathetic does that make the Patriots? And how do you think this season is any different? New Wide Recievers? I sincerely doubt that Donte Stallworth gives Champ Bailey any trouble, and whoever the hell ends up as your number 2 most likely won't make Dre Bly break a sweat either. Maroney is still a question mark. Brady's been on the decline ever since Weis left. Your linebackers, despite the adition of AD, are still getting older. See? Things really aren't that dark in new England, but you can make those points. Both Denver and New England will be good teams. I'm not saying New England isn't better then Denver, because you probably are, vut if you can't beat us it doesn't matter come January. I would think you'd know that after the Chargers game.

You're most likely underestimating the Broncos, while I'm doing the opposite. Still, I see the Broncos with 10-12 wins next season.

NFC West
Seattle:9-7
St Louis: 8-8
San Fran: 7-9
Arizona: 5-11
For a combined: 29-35=weakest division in NFL in 2006
Your team went 1-3 vs this division. How pathetic does it make your Bronc-Hoes?

For all those teams that you mentioned that are "on the rise," where do they need to be in order to go up? The bottom.

And I really like the Dan Marino comparison with Cutler. Maybe Cutler can get a lot of stats to show his kids some day and explain why they're better than rings.

And I'm so happy your Bronc-Hoes finally made it to the AFC Championship game again...last year. That would be included in that season where you won your division this decade.

And in order to for our team to play against yours this year, it would have to be in the play-offs. Since you won't be joining us there, you'll have to wait until the 2008 NFL season.

NFC West
Seattle:9-7
St Louis: 8-8
San Fran: 7-9
Arizona: 5-11
For a combined: 29-35=weakest division in NFL in 2006
Your team went 1-3 vs this division. How pathetic does it make your Bronc-Hoes?

For all those teams that you mentioned that are "on the rise," where do they need to be in order to go up? The bottom.

And I really like the Dan Marino comparison with Cutler. Maybe Cutler can get a lot of stats to show his kids some day and explain why they're better than rings.

And I'm so happy your Bronc-Hoes finally made it to the AFC Championship game again...last year. That would be included in that season where you won your division this decade.

And in order to for our team to play against yours this year, it would have to be in the play-offs. Since you won't be joining us there, you'll have to wait until the 2008 NFL season.

Like I said: Watch some football. Record don't tell the whole stroy. We'd win the division every year just like you do if we were in the AFC East. Hell, we'd probably be 16-0 if we played your weak ass division. Outside of the Raiders (who will, if an offense is gotten, instantly be a powerful team, despite their woes this year), The AFC West was easily the best division in football this past year. I'm predictiong the NFC West will be in the top three divisions next year. I see it as
1) AFC West
2) AFC South (who we're playing, btw)
3) AFC North
4) NFC West (okay, I lied, 4th best)
5) NFC South
6) AFC East (Pansies don't scare me, Jets are a froud imo, Bills and Dolphins flat out suck)
7) NFC North
8) NFC East (boring, sad ass teams)

And your rationale for the "On the rise" thing is just stupid. the Broncos are "on the rise" and they aren't (and won't be) at the bottom.

Al Wilson is the Bronco's Bob Sanders. He's much more then a warm body out there. We'll see how next season goes, but I can guarantee you this year the Broncos were much better then the record indicates. We lost 4 games by field goals in the last seconds of games. Coyer and his bull**** bend but don't break schemes are gone, and Jim Bates, a HIGHLY respected DC has taken over for him. He doesn't run the BBDB D. We actually would have had the shutout on you if it wasn't for that most evil of schemes.

As much as I love the injury argument,in the end it doesn't mean squat. Look at this years AFC championship. Pat's lose Colvin,{who was covering Clark in the first half? equates to 21-6 lead. What noname was covering him in the 2nd half?100+yards TD} Kevin Faulk. The only effective runner in the 1st half. Down goes Hawkins,our backup who did a nice job filling in. Flu bug,dehydration blah blah blah.

In the end noone remembers the injuries. Only who won the game Bronco fan. BTW I think you do have a nice team this upcoming season. Got a feeling we will be meeting up with you or San Diego come post season. Pretty brutal divison you got there. I hope you're teams beat the crap out of each other all season long.

As much as I love the injury argument,in the end it doesn't mean squat. Look at this years AFC championship. Pat's lose Colvin,{who was covering Clark in the first half? equates to 21-6 lead. What noname was covering him in the 2nd half?100+yards TD} Kevin Faulk. The only effective runner in the 1st half. Down goes Hawkins,our backup who did a nice job filling in. Flu bug,dehydration blah blah blah.

In the end noone remembers the injuries. Only who won the game Bronco fan. BTW I think you do have a nice team this upcoming season. Got a feeling we will be meeting up with you or San Diego come post season. Pretty brutal divison you got there. I hope you're teams beat the crap out of each other all season long.

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that the particular injuries we had hurt us more then normal. We lost both of our SS, and in a Division with Gates and Gonzalez, you need a SS that can cover in the nickel. By the end of the season, Curome "who?" Cox was our starting SS playing against Antonio Gates. Anyone who doesn't think that mattered when they scored 48 on us is on crack. How would the Bears be without Urlacher? That's what Wilson is to our defense, emotionally. I don't understand all this trade talk at all.

But whole teams lose seasons due to being decimated by injury. I know it's not a good excuse to lose. But it did make a huge difference in the defense, which allowed something around 7 PPG for the first half of the season and around 28 for the second. That not an anomaly, something went seriously wrong. I'm just pointing out what that was, and why it will be better this upcoming year. Ferguson and Brandon are apparently recovering nicely, along with our LT Lepsis. Now, you want to talk about a player with question marks? Try Rod Smith and his hip surgery.

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that the particular injuries we had hurt us more then normal. We lost both of our SS, and in a Division with Gates and Gonzalez, you need a SS that can cover in the nickel. By the end of the season, Curome "who?" Cox was our starting SS playing against Antonio Gates. Anyone who doesn't think that mattered when they scored 48 on us is on crack. How would the Bears be without Urlacher? That's what Wilson is to our defense, emotionally. I don't understand all this trade talk at all.

But whole teams lose seasons due to being decimated by injury. I know it's not a good excuse to lose. But it did make a huge difference in the defense, which allowed something around 7 PPG for the first half of the season and around 28 for the second. That not an anomaly, something went seriously wrong. I'm just pointing out what that was, and why it will be better this upcoming year. Ferguson and Brandon are apparently recovering nicely, along with our LT Lepsis. Now, you want to talk about a player with question marks? Try Rod Smith and his hip surgery.
are you still crying about injuries ?give us all a rest will you please .there is nothing more pathetic than some fan crying about injuries and refs .:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes