PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking ahead: Tebowmania - how the hell do we beat it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure now that we're definitely playing the Denver Tebows.. err.. Bronco's, this should be a good time to bump this thread.

Aside from the first half we put TebowMania to shame in the last game... can we do it again? John Fox is pretty clever, and even though Tebow throws some of the worst non-spirals in the world, he does seem to have a knack to squirm around and find his deep receiver often.

I think we're going to have a much harder time this time around. To be honest, I would have preferred Pittsburgh. A gimpy Ben and not losing to a team twice in one year in forever would have made me feel more positive about the next game.

But.. its almost turning to be to like last year. Kick the crap out of TeamX in the regular season and then they learn and come back and kick the crap out of us in the Post-Season.

I pray it doesn't duplicate last year. But I wouldn't be surprised.

Hopefully Josh can give us some insight since he was the one to draft The Tebow.

yeah i am not worried about denver..we match up very well against them. They lost a WR tonight and still have Tebow at QB..a qb who is very very streaky and still isn't a good Qb in this league. Their run attack is the only thing i am worried about..we all know the pats can score on their D

Steeler's played dumb ... very dumb ... they over schemed their defense to win the game. The way to beat the Broncos is with a balanced defensive scheme that contains Tebow from rolling to the sides. 10 people in the box to slow down their rushing attack ... how stupid was that.

the rushing attack is not how the Broncos scored their points - it was those long pass plays that btw put Tebox in 3rd place for avg yards per pass. The Bronocs rushed for 131 yards ... which though a good amount it is not enough to take over a game. The 316 yards on 10 passes is how they lost the morons.

Last edited:
There is no way in hell we are losing to that team.

And about 90% of steelers fans (as well as probably 75% pats fans) said the same thing prior to today.

It sucks, but damn... the guy just keeps bucking the odds and winning. He has the crappiest throws I've ever seen but hell the deep pass always seems to be on target. Probably because every team's D is too busy worried about him running...

Last edited:
And about 90% of steelers fans (as well as probably 75% pats fans) said the same thing prior to today. I don't like it, but damn... the guy just keeps bucking the odds and winning. He has the crappiest throws I've ever seen but hell the pass always seems to be on target. Probably because every team's D is too buy worried about him running...

I don't really care what Steeler fans said. I knew there was a decent chance Denver would win, and there is no chance they will beat the Pats.

Not sure how you think his passes are always on target, he has the lowest completion % in the NFL and one of the few lowest in the last generation.

Lets not forget this is the same team that after losing to us got killed by the Bills and scored 3 points vs the Chiefs.
You sound like you think the Broncos have dominated.

Steeler's played dumb ... very dumb ... they over schemed their defense to win the game. The way to beat the Broncos is with a balanced defensive scheme that contains Tebow from rolling to the sides. 10 people in the box to slow down their rushing attack ... how stupid was that.

the rushing attack is not how the Broncos scored their points - it was those long pass plays that btw put Tebox in 3rd place for avg yards per pass. The Bronocs rushed for 131 yards ... which though a good amount it is not enough to take over a game. The 316 yards on 10 passes is how they lost the morons.

Totally agree. When a team can run but the QB rarely can hit the broad side of a barn, the perfect way to lose is to give that QB zero resistance and let him throw against half a pass defense.
The only way the Broncos consistently move the ball is running or with deep passes against man coverage.
You don't need 10 in the box to stop their run, it was silly to over, over, over commit to the run, and hand Tebow his only way to hurt you throwing.

Over the last three weeks, the Broncos went on a stretch of 22 drives without a TD. Tebow was still playing then too. There were reports today that the Broncos were going to use Brady Quinn on third downs and have a very quick hook for Tebow if he didn't perform. In fact, in the first quarter today, he sucked until both Kiesel and Hampton went out with injuries.

I think Tebow just faced a depleted Steelers defense who had some major holes in their secondary with the loss of Clark and a poor pass rush because they lost two thirds of their d-line.

Before today, the Broncos hadn't scored an offensive TD since the first half of the Bills game three games ago. Now people are acting like he is Drew Brees.

Last edited:
All he seems to do is win, and I can't really understand how. I'll admit I haven't really seen much of his game aside from when he played the Jets and won at the last minute. Maybe its his D keeping him in the game? Till he can get a lucky strike?

Hmm.

Or maybe its like Deion Sanders just said on NFLnetwork, he's a HoF QB in the making...

Regardless, it looks like he just may win the SB by himself.

I can't see how we can win against him, it seems impossible!

On the serious side, it just seems that by this point teams would have shutdown tebowmania, but he just somehow keeps winning :confused:

I'm going to say its their D.

Do yourself a favor (all Patriot fans should) and take a look at Tom Brady's stats in his first full season as a starting NFL QB including the playoffs. You will NOT be impressed and his team won the SB. Tebow is a young player and young players look good at times and bad at times. All I know is that like Tom Brady, Tim Tebow is a winner as a player and as a person.

I don't really care what Steeler fans said. I knew there was a decent chance Denver would win, and there is no chance they will beat the Pats.

Not sure how you think his passes are always on target, he has the lowest completion % in the NFL and one of the few lowest in the last generation.

Lets not forget this is the same team that after losing to us got killed by the Bills and scored 3 points vs the Chiefs.
You sound like you think the Broncos have dominated.
Tebow threw some excellent passes today. He actually has a very good deep ball.

I don't think this game will be easy. We saw the kind of damage that running game is capable of, and now we need to respect the big pass too. They're going to be pumped up for this one. The Pats will have to match that emotional intensity.

I don't think this game will be easy. We saw the kind of damage that running game is capable of, and now we need to respect the big pass too. They're going to be pumped up for this one. The Pats will have to match that emotional intensity.

Yeah, yeah, any given Sunday and all that.
There is no way the Patriots lose to that team.

Denver beat Pittsburgh, which the Patriots were unable to do, and had no problems with the Patriots defense until Fox screwed up a 4th down call and McGahee got injured soon afterwards. I think BB will make sure that there's no overconfidence, and the additions of Spikes and Chung should help against the run. When you add in the removal of McCourty from the cornerback position which should upgrade the pass defense, that's 3 positions which should see upgrades.

Hopefully that's enough. Brady should be able to get his points, especially if Dawkins is still out.

Do yourself a favor (all Patriot fans should) and take a look at Tom Brady's stats in his first full season as a starting NFL QB including the playoffs. You will NOT be impressed and his team won the SB. Tebow is a young player and young players look good at times and bad at times. All I know is that like Tom Brady, Tim Tebow is a winner as a player and as a person.

Bradys stats in his first season are as impressive as all but handful of QBs in NFL history, but lets not confuse things with facts.

I thought a lot of his deep balls floated a bit, but the receivers were just so open that they had no problem catching them. He had some great passes too, but a lot were just floaters with poor coverage which he got away with because the Steelers didn't apply much pressure.

But even still, Tebow is still the same guy who went nearly eight quarters without an offensive TD. from the Bills game through the first quarter of today's game. He had a great game today, but we don't know if it was just a fluke game against a decimated Steelers team that showed its age today.

Denver beat Pittsburgh, which the Patriots were unable to do, and had no problems with the Patriots defense until Fox screwed up a 4th down call and McGahee got injured soon afterwards. I think BB will make sure that there's no overconfidence, and the additions of Spikes and Chung should help against the run. When you add in the removal of McCourty from the cornerback position which should upgrade the pass defense, that's 3 positions which should see upgrades.

Hopefully that's enough. Brady should be able to get his points, especially if Dawkins is still out.

There is no certainty that McCoiurty will not play corner, and to say if he didn't the corner position would be improved is one of the most ignorant comments you have made on this board, and that is saying an awful lot.

I thought a lot of his deep balls floated a bit, but the receivers were just so open that they had no problem catching them. He had some great passes too, but a lot were just floaters with poor coverage which he got away with because the Steelers didn't apply much pressure.

But even still, Tebow is still the same guy who went nearly eight quarters without an offensive TD. from the Bills game through the first quarter of today's game. He had a great game today, but we don't know if it was just a fluke game against a decimated Steelers team that showed its age today.

We have almost a full season of play to conclude that it is a fluke.

Over the last three weeks, the Broncos went on a stretch of 22 drives without a TD. Tebow was still playing then too. There were reports today that the Broncos were going to use Brady Quinn on third downs and have a very quick hook for Tebow if he didn't perform. In fact, in the first quarter today, he sucked until both Kiesel and Hampton went out with injuries.

I think Tebow just faced a depleted Steelers defense who had some major holes in their secondary with the loss of Clark and a poor pass rush because they lost two thirds of their d-line.

Before today, the Broncos hadn't scored an offensive TD since the first half of the Bills game three games ago. Now people are acting like he is Drew Brees.

Everyone seems to forget that Tebow is a very young player. Go look at Tom Brady's stats from 2001 and 2002. He was worse than mediocre. His playoff stats from '01 were embarrassing. He averaged 5 yds a completion and threw for 1 TD and 1 pick in 3 playoff games.
The Brady Quinn was taking extra snaps in practice story was bogus. Quinn took his usual amount of snaps in practice. That was mediot attempted muckraking.

Child, Please.

63.9% > 46.5%

Last edited:

Huh?

There was the snow game where they tried to run it against the Raiders then fell behind. 2nd half Brady hit something like 13 passes in a row, many for first downs.

Then came the Steelers game when he was injured after a quarter and Bledsoe lead a big TD drive.

In the Super Bowl, he lead them on 2 big drives before the end of each half.

He wasn't all world but he wasn't bad.

Saw this online
Tebow 3:16
Broncos head coach name: John (fox)
Broncos Executive Vice President of Operations name: John (elway)
Steelers time of possession: 31:06
Tebow passing yards: 316
Tebow YPC: 31.6
Tebow threw 10 completions in the game. 10 books after the book of John (in the Bible) is the book of Tim.
Tebow had 21 pass attempts in the game. 21 chapters in the book John.
Demaryius Antwon Thomas was born 25th of Decemeber, 1987.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back