PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking ahead: Tebowmania - how the hell do we beat it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tebow - still zero turnovers - he doesnt turn the ball over....

he had a lost fumble today

no ints though

remember he did lose a fumble to the lions and threw a 100 yard pick 6 as well

4th Quarter DET - DEN
12:04 Detroit Lions DET TD
Chris Houston intercepted Tim Tebow for 100 yards (Jason Hanson made PAT)
45 - 3

i'm more worried about the bronco defense than their offense. just need to get to a fast lead (which would be something new for the pats) and force tebow to throw.

i'm more worried about the bronco defense than their offense. just need to get to a fast lead (which would be something new for the pats) and force tebow to throw.

The Broncos are Idolatrous. Even though we appreciate Brady's accomplishments and recognize his Superbowl's, the Idol worshiping Donkey fans have layed their children out for sacrifice. Tebow is not the second coming and we shall not be deceived! Yeah,, We'll kick their freaking ass. Thus saith the lord! :rocker:

The Broncos are Idolatrous. Even though we appreciate Brady's accomplishments and recognize his Superbowl's, the Idol worshiping Donkey fans have layed their children out for sacrifice. Tebow is not the second coming and we shall not be deceived! Yeah,, We'll kick their freaking ass. Thus saith the lord! :rocker:

Perhaps we'll find out that BB's dinner with Tebow last year was actually a brainwashing session ("You will throw a pick-six to Vince Wilfork. . . ."). :p

Last edited:

I absolutely agree. It's the defense that has been playing pretty well lately (with the exception of today, although Von Miller was out).

I am not worried about their offense, as I would think that BB would have this team properly prepared.

As long as they stay home, cover their assignments, and tackle well, it really shouldn't be that big of a problem. Someone has to follow the QB, while someone has to follow the RB, and so on... You'd have to think that stopping the run in a read option offense wouldn't be that hard, but I am starting to doubt my optimism, as all these teams can't effectively do it for whatever reason.

I am worried about a reletively lower scoring game in the late teens/early 20's though. That may be the way that the Broncos could win.

Matt Flynn, Dan Orlovsky, Ryan Fitzpatrick and the list goes on . Tebow can have a career high . If he is smart enough he will make what every team is doing with us this year. Survey the field and throw to McCourty.

Interesting column looking at Tebow and the Denver offense versus Minnesota in the red zone by Matt Bowen over at NFP:

How did Tebow beat the Vikings' Cover 2? | National Football Post

Red.png

Interesting column looking at Tebow and the Denver offense versus Minnesota in the red zone by Matt Bowen over at NFP:

How did Tebow beat the Vikings' Cover 2? | National Football Post

Red.png

Yup it was blown coverage by the free safety that led to that easy scoring play. He should have passed on Decker to his backers, instead he broke inside, leaving Thomas wide open on the outside with no over the top help.

As for beating Tebow? Put up 30 points like usual and we win. Tebow excels in tight games. But overall his efficiency is still poor and the Denver offense is not capable of putting up 30+ like the Pats offense.

Last edited:
Yup it was blown coverage by the free safety that led to that easy scoring play. He should have passed on Decker to his backers, instead he broke inside, leaving Thomas wide open on the outside with no over the top help.

As for beating Tebow? Put up 30 points like usual and we win. Tebow excels in tight games. But overall his efficiency is still poor and the Denver offense is not capable of putting up 30+ like the Pats offense.

Denver just scored 35

Tebow and his worshippers out on the frontier will find out soon enough that what the Lord giveth, the Lord also taketh away. :popcorn:

Interesting thought: perhaps the Pats line up GRONK to blitz Tebow the way they used Edelback to whomp Vince Young? :)

We're screwed. He's almost undefeated, and like 5 comebacks in 6 games! No way we can win!

/sarcasm

On a realistic note, I think BB will take him to the woodshed. Of course on the other hand, every team they've played has been thinking they'll win easy-peesy.

Last edited:
I'm loving this Teebow stuff... it's hilarious.

Every week you think this is the week he gets topped... but he just keeps on rolling.

Also i know he had some drops but Thomas at receiver looks like a beast.

Score more than 10 points

/thread

Judging our defense, Tebow might have a 200+ passing yards.

I figure now that we're definitely playing the Denver Tebows.. err.. Bronco's, this should be a good time to bump this thread.

Aside from the first half we put TebowMania to shame in the last game... can we do it again? John Fox is pretty clever, and even though Tebow throws some of the worst non-spirals in the world, he does seem to have a knack to squirm around and find his deep receiver often.

I think we're going to have a much harder time this time around. To be honest, I would have preferred Pittsburgh. A gimpy Ben and not losing to a team twice in one year in forever would have made me feel more positive about the next game.

But.. its almost turning to be to like last year. Kick the crap out of TeamX in the regular season and then they learn and come back and kick the crap out of us in the Post-Season.

I pray it doesn't duplicate last year. But I wouldn't be surprised.

Hopefully Josh can give us some insight since he was the one to draft The Tebow.

Last edited:
I figure now that we're definitely playing the Denver Tebows.. err.. Bronco's, this should be a good time to bump this thread.

Aside from the first half we put TebowMania to shame in the last game... can we do it again? John Fox is pretty clever, and even though Tebow throws some of the worst non-spirals in the world, he does seem to have a knack to squirm around and find his deep receiver often.

I think we're going to have a much harder time this time around. To be honest, I would have preferred Pittsburgh. A gimpy Ben and not losing to a team twice in one year in forever would have made me feel more positive about the next game.

But.. its almost turning to be to like last year. Kick the crap out of TeamX in the regular season and then they learn and come back and kick the crap out of us in the Post-Season.

I pray it doesn't duplicate last year. But I wouldn't be surprised.

There is no way in hell we are losing to that team.

He probably won't have to squirm for the deep guys to get open against our secondary.

I kid, I kid.

Go Pats!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back