PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking ahead: Tebowmania - how the hell do we beat it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One win means the player has trouble with that team.

I think there are enough different players on both sides to make that irrelevant.

The best way to stop Tebow is to rush a linebacker or a defensive back on every play and smack him in the ****. Remember the Marshall Faulk strategy in the 2002 Super Bowl? Do that. No matter what. Hit the guy. On every play.

The Jets were morons by playing multiple nose tackles inviting Tebow to run outside. Just send a DB or LB on every play to hit him whether he runs, hands off, passes or kneels down to pray.

Who's the guy with the bad thumb? Fletcher? Just wrap his hand into a big ol' club and send him to hit Tebow. On. Every. Play.

Tebow will start throwing it out of the stretch. JD Drew might strike out a few times and the DBs will get some picks.

You honestly think the pats have the personnel to pull that off with little difficulty?

You honestly think the pats have the personnel to pull that off with little difficulty?

Yeah! You just need a guy with some tape and an old coffee can to put over Dane Fletcher's injured hand. Then send Fletcher after Tebow on every down to whack him in the **** while the other guys play 10 on 10. I'm sure Mr. Kraft will spring for some tape and has an old coffee can in his garage he's not using.

Last edited:
See? I knew you'd come around. I'm glad we had this chat.

:welcome:

LOL you just proved my point...

Brady could have a slow first half and before you know it will be 13-13 after the 2 minute warning with tebow driving down the field to win.

Last edited:
LOL you just proved my point...

Brady could have a slow first half and before you know it will be 13-13 after the 2 minute warning with tebow driving down the field to win.

I find it amusing that you crack out the "could"....

Brady "could" put up 100 points.

It's not about could. It's about probabilities.

The Jets were morons by playing multiple nose tackles inviting Tebow to run outside.

Actually the Jets were very effective at containing him with that jumbo front. He runs way more inside than outside. Problem is, they abandoned that strategy in the 4th quarter, perhaps because their linemen were getting too tired in the mile-high altitude. And it was absolutely stupid of them to all-out blitz on the 3rd down when he scored, letting him have a lane where he only had one guy in the secondary to beat.

Send the Lions D out there, I'm sure they'd like to have fun with Tebow again.

The Patriots just shutdown the best running game in the NFL. Forgive me for having faith that they can do it to Denver.

Tebow's own personal Jesus vs. Beelzebub Belichik, should have gone pay Per View, Beelzebub in a smackdown. OPJ can't put up 16 against the dominating stifling 10 ranked defense in the league.

Last edited:
Actually the Jets were very effective at containing him with that jumbo front. He runs way more inside than outside. Problem is, they abandoned that strategy in the 4th quarter, perhaps because their linemen were getting too tired in the mile-high altitude. And it was absolutely stupid of them to all-out blitz on the 3rd down when he scored, letting him have a lane where he only had one guy in the secondary to beat.

Tim Tebow was the leading rusher in that Jets game with an 8.5 yards/carry average on 8 carries. He carried the rock 22 times yesterday against the Chargers. He's getting stronger. The more you feed him the ball, the more invincible he becomes. He gets stronger at altitude. Tebow is like frigging Voldemort. Maybe Belichick should cut Ventrone and sign Neville Longbottom for the Denver game.

I'm going to the game!! My first Pats game ever! I'm from Canada so never had the chance.

Just hoping Tebow doesn't run out too much clock, I want as much Pats goodness as I can get.

I think if we lose against Tebow I won't even be mad I'll just laugh haha.

The secret to Tim Tebow's success:

Attachments

• TebowGamedayKitrev.jpg
    TebowGamedayKitrev.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 169
Easy stop the run and keep him in the pocket

I think #Tebowmania! actually helps the Pats win this game.

The increased media scrutiny, flex talk, a new unorthodox style to dissect, a fresh defensive gameplan, Tebow 'this' Broncos 'that' ad nauseum that week, all line up to help focus the Patriots deep attention on what would otherwise be just another game against an inferior opponent and a damn good candidate for a mail-it-in, low-level emotional downer and performance of a game.

Add the always difficult travel, noise, altitude, TB's unexplained difficulties, the Pats historical well documented difficulties, and well, you see the potential. Without Tebowmania, we could of walked into an ambush so to speak. Now it's impossible.

So before we even get to matchups, I think we're better off from an emotional and preparedness level.

Once we actually look to matchups, I think we a Denver nightmare. Our D-Line is disciplined, as are our Linebackers. We will generate pressure and stay in control. All bad news for Tebow. Our CBs will not need to cover all day long like vs SD. We might even hold onto the many tips and deflections I'm sure they will see.

Yes, Denver will get some running yards, maybe a long strike or two, and eat up the clock a bit as they go. But we'll get more than our fair share of stops. I think our D is actually better than theirs straight up to begin with. Also this jut in, Tebow wears down and is much less effective running the ball in the 4th quarter. Another characteristic he possesses (but is often overlooked) with that endgame leadership and those calm eyes. But he's a gamer, I'll give him that. But I just don't think he'll have a chance to shine in this one.

That brings us to our O. This is where the extra media attention really hurts their cause. With the talkin heads hounding them, the Pats definitely leave that "Lacks Effort" or "Wasn't Really Prepared" game we see every now and then at home. This would doubly hurt us if also control the clock on O and keep it tight. Which, again, is all the more likely if the D was a bit non-chalant going into this one.

So, now that Tebowmania has us equal emotionally and in preparation, purely talent-wise we overmatch them and should put up our usual quick points. It will force them to open it up (maybe?), the D will ramp up the pressure and pitch in.

We know how it ends from there.

Next week on ESPN "Can Tebow and Denver adjust to counter the new Patriot Blueprint?"

Really coolguy? Do you honestly believe this stuff or are you just trolling because you are bored?
The only game they won with any conviction was against Oakland where they had a punt return TD, a 60yard McGahee TD and 3 INTs from a QB in his first start since last year in only his 2nd week with the team.
They beat Matt Moore (was it his first start?) by a last second win.
They beat the above mentioned Carson Palmer on his first start.
They broke Cassel and finished off Palko.
They came back to beat the great Sanchise.
And big surprise, Rivers' 19/36 188 yard performance wasn't enough either.
You really think this defense will stifle Brady and co enough to allow Tebow to "Tebow" our defense?
Look at what our defense has been able to accomplish lately. We give up tons of yards *THROUGH THE AIR* but we tighten up in the red zone and against a combo of Young/McCoy (which is a much better combo than Tebow/McGahee) we essentially shut them down on the run.
There isn't a single aspect of this game that says "Hey, you know, those Broncos have a shot!"
Yes, any given Sunday and all that, but really, I suspect we'll easily be 2 score favorites heading in to the game.
I mean, hell, how much of our broken defense will be back by then? We might not even have to play a WR at CB!

Unless Jesus himself comes down and starts shooting our players with bolts of lightning, there is no concern from me about this game.

The Patriots just shutdown the best running game in the NFL. Forgive me for having faith that they can do it to Denver.

when did Arian Foster play against the Pats??

I'd clip his achilles....he'll push everything off to his left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back