PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking ahead: Tebowmania - how the hell do we beat it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tebow is so bad at passing, aside from deep passes, but what he's great at is never panicking in late game situations

that's why you've got to make sure it's not close, because he just doesn't panic one bit.

and that sob can run and is hard to tackle, he's gotta be the most athletic/at the same time heaviest starting qb in the nfl

Last edited:
We must out Tebow, Tebow. That means that many thousands of Patriots fans show up at Gillette on game day and start Tewbowing all though the game.

The power will reach accoss the fruited plain to the Rockies and into the stadium in Denver. This must be done or else we are screwed.

Just a thought.

The atmosphere scares me more then Tebow.

How do we offset Tebow?

10 Hail Mary's and 5 Our Fathers.

they are playing old school football run it and play defense and Tebow is just a playmaker who gets the job done, how do you beat them ? put 30 on the board... i think Tebow is going to be great some day but he cant get into a shotout with Brady

Hit him on every play, hit him when he runs it and hit him when he tosses it and hit him when he passes it. Not at all worried about Tebow, very soon opponents will stop handing them the game. No way BB will allow the friggiin' option to beat him. Pats will crush Denver, it won't be close.

Score 24 points or more on 'em, and you are 90% closer to beating them.

As a long time Pats fan having witnessed many losses here in Denver first hand, this game terrifies me. It doesn't matter who lines up at QB for the Broncos. They always give the Pats a tough game here in Denver. With only a couple exceptions.

This Broncos team plays their ***** off for this guy. They have dumbed down the play book and ramped it up on defense. The Lions and Packers games were blowouts because they were still trying to run the Orton offense with Tebow. They are running this Tebow offense now and you can see the results.

And the guy is not a d-bag BTW. He is one of the "good" guys here in the NFL. Even if you are not a religious man, and I am not, you have to respect his faith and the work he has done for those less fortunate than us.

It's gonna be cold in December. Cold weather favors defense and the running game. Both of which favor the Broncos at this point.

The Jets looked like they were getting gassed by the end of that Thursday night game. I wonder if Belichick will have the team travel a little earlier so they can have 48 hours to adjust to the altitude?

All he seems to do is win, and I can't really understand how. I'll admit I haven't really seen much of his game aside from when he played the Jets and won at the last minute. Maybe its his D keeping him in the game? Till he can get a lucky strike?

Hmm.

Or maybe its like Deion Sanders just said on NFLnetwork, he's a HoF QB in the making...

Regardless, it looks like he just may win the SB by himself.

I can't see how we can win against him, it seems impossible!

On the serious side, it just seems that by this point teams would have shutdown tebowmania, but he just somehow keeps winning :confused:

I'm going to say its their D.
Just Stop this NonSense, Tebowned doesn't walk on water like the media portraits him. Just play the way the Pats can and it should be no problem.

Last edited:
By the end of the year the Broncos will regret trading Orton--their QB situation still a complete disaster.

The Broncos didn't trade Orton, they waived him (thereby saving around 2.6 million on a guy who almost certainly wasn't going to play any more this year).

In case you didn't notice, the Broncos QB situation has been a disaster since before training camp. Yes, Orton was the best QB but, no, he was not good enough to win consistently with this team. The fan base was divided and perhaps there was some division on the team as well (which I say simply because they have embraced Tebow so much). Now the team is Tebow's, for better or worse. This is just a different kind of disaster.

Don't get me wrong, I root hard for Tebow to succeed. But that doesn't make him a good passer and I'd be really surprised if he was able to grow exponentially in this area (which is what he needs to have long-term success in the NFL). And I (along with most everyone else) really doubt that the option will have long-term success in the NFL. But it's a fun ride!

Last edited:
We watch Brady march up and down the field throwing darts while Tebow plods along with in the now famous no-pass offense. He'll be lucky to best his average output of about 10 points. Good luck Tim, BB might plan on making you actually throw some difficult downfield passes. :rolleyes:

As awful as Tebow is, he has inspired something in Denver and completely changed the culture of that team. It will be a tough match up in their stadium, but the Pats will expose him for what he is--a tough, competitive football player masquerading as an NFL QB. By the end of the year the Broncos will regret trading Orton--their QB situation still a complete disaster.

Most teams in the NFL would kill to have the kind of "complete disaster" that leads to a 5-1 record under whomever is at QB.

Air Brady.

Tebow doesn't concern me in the least. It's Denver's defense that are keeping games close and low-scoring. Which allows Tebow to play pathetic for 55 minutes and then look like a hero when he finally plays average for the last 5 minutes and the Broncs win.

IMO we should be bombs away from the opening kickoff till we're up by at least two TDs. Then dink and dunk with a heavy dose of runs.

As for the D, lots of zone. Don't turn your back on Tebow. When he leaves the pocket that's about the only time when he dangerous. Very few blitzes, but plenty of blitz looks backing out into flooding short zones. Pressure from Carter and Anderson on the edges, try to keep Tebow in the pocket. But not much pressure up the middle. That way if Tebow squirt out away from Carter and Anderson and tries to go straight ahead Big Vince and Love is there to squish him. If Tebow gets away from the DEs and tries to turn the corner Mayo and Nink know enough to stay in their lanes and crush him.

Last edited:
Exactly right. Keep the outside contain and whenever you can, hit him hard. Everytime he moves, he should be slamming to the ground. Let's see him run after a few hard shots from Ninko and Carter.

The Jets looked like they were getting gassed by the end of that Thursday night game. I wonder if Belichick will have the team travel a little earlier so they can have 48 hours to adjust to the altitude?

IMO 3 days between games and a long distance trip was more of a factor than being gassed in the 4th quarter,not to mention it was coming off a grueling divisional matchup

The Pats scenerio is a bit easier.

I think if the Jets had a near full week off to prepare,the result of thier game in Denver might have been different.

Step1: Protect Brady
Step2: Defend the run, have Edelstud spy Tebow
Step3: ????
Step4: Profit

Actually scoring on the Denver D is the way to win, all Tebow does is keep the ball and not turn it over too much .
With Tebow at QB the Broncos only seem to score 10-15 points a game.

If we can score more points than denver we should win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft