PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Long snapper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look to draft Wilson Raynor out of ECU, guy hasn't had a bad snap in like 3 years [No Joke].

While I agree that Raynor is a great long snapper, I'm concerned that at 6'1 3/4", 235 LBS, he is too small for Patriots LS.

I'm somewhat surprised that nobody has ever tried that, actually - crazy as it sounds. A whole lot more options on third down, knowing you still have one more down to make a first.

Aside from the guy in Denver that Paxton replaced, there are 100+ college teams that had long snappers last year, so there are probably 40 or more potential candidates available as UDFA after the draft.
Hey, why not cut the punter, too? Use the roster spots on WRs. Like going without a goalie in hockey. :D

Sure make for more interesting games!

I'm surprised that Scott O'Brien has not lobbyed hard for Leach.

He is one of the best in the business. I'd hate to see a clutch

snap in the hands of a rookie or somone who has not been

snapping on a regular basis in the NFL. Maybe Leach is asking

too much or hopes to stay out west.

PatsFanners, what LS are available in Free Agency? Is Leach going to be the only one available?

I'm expecting the Pats to draft LS Jake Ingram of Hawaii in Round 6 or 7. You heard it here first. I'm sure you're all going to be stealing that from me in your player draft list for the Patriots. :)

I just wanted to re-post this post of mine from March 7th. I'm a very modest man. A very modest, albeit brilliant man. :) I know, I know, even a broken clock is right twice a day. :)

I just wanted to re-post this post of mine from March 7th. I'm a very modest man. A very modest, albeit brilliant man. :) I know, I know, even a broken clock is right twice a day. :)
I thought you were crazy. Draft a long snapper. Riiiiight. ;)

Sounds like this guy is really good though.

is that you Nick?

It's a great pick. What other position could they draft at that spot and have any hopes that the player could compete for a starting job?

This might be the most impressive prediction I've seen on this forum! Great job!

This might be the most impressive prediction I've seen on this forum! Great job!

Completely agree... I was thinking : whoa BB took a LS from Hawaii ahead of a dev. QB ? Yikes ! It was kinda like BB saying a big FU to the league - I'm too popular to pick "real" players.

CRAZY pick but even CRAZIER prediction. Good freakin' call.

Completely agree... I was thinking : whoa BB took a LS from Hawaii ahead of a dev. QB ? Yikes ! It was kinda like BB saying a big FU to the league - I'm too popular to pick "real" players.
If there is one thing BB falls back on a lot, it is his popularity.

PatsFanners, what LS are available in Free Agency? Is Leach going to be the only one available?

I'm expecting the Pats to draft LS Jake Ingram of Hawaii in Round 6 or 7. You heard it here first. I'm sure you're all going to be stealing that from me in your player draft list for the Patriots. :)

:youtheman:

CRAZY pick but even CRAZIER prediction. Good freakin' call.

Thanks very much. You swing a dead cat over your head, and you're bound to hit something. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft