PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Logan Mankins Out For Week 4 Game At Buffalo ... Bills DL will wreak havoc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care. If they win by 1 or 50 its the same thing.

I didn't ask that. You said pats will win..no question..so what will they win by...take a guess for once in your life

I didn't ask that. You said pats will win..no question..so what will they win by...take a guess for once in your life

Once again, I don't care how much they win by. You don't play to win by a certain amount. Games evolve the way they evolve. Anyone who thinks they can look at a game, analyze it and predict a margin or victory accurately is a liar or a moron.
If you wish to see a score, I post in the predict the score contest each and every week (more than once in my life).

Why are you so persnickety tonight, AJ?

F*** f*** f***-ity f*** f***!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like part of the most profanity-drenched opening of any movie I've ever seen in my life ~ the opening dialogue of which consisted, essentially, of nothing more than about a dozen F Bombs in a row!! ~ which of course was Hugh Grant's & Andie McDowell's 4 Weddings & A Funeral!! Hah!! :D

solid 4 point line...the over/under dropped a point and a half...Mankins maybe

I have a feeling the Patriots D...their front seven...are going to bring the wood in this game...from reading the comments and grumblings on twitter about that Ravens game,I think they want to make a point. The Bill O line is sound. Fitz stays upright and untouched this game could get away. The wild card is the O line...already you can see half this fanbase has chicked the little over the O line...just hope Brady and the skill players haven't.

I have a feeling the Patriots D...their front seven...are going to bring the wood in this game...from reading the comments and grumblings on twitter about that Ravens game, I think they want to make a point.
Alot more curious how the New England Patriots defense responds versus the Buffalo Bills.

How do you neutralize a pass rush? Run the freakin football! Hopefully Ridley gets some action tomorrow and we're not seeing woodhead try more HB Dives on 1st or 2nd down.

Judging by the reactions of some people here on the forums, why are they even bothering to watch the game this afternoon?

I doubt you will see Tenant out there after he wasn't here for camp, and was already cut once. Wendell, Thomas, Connolly, McDonald, Cannon are all ahead of him.

Yeah, the more I think about it you are likely correct. They aren't nearly that desperate to need Tennart's services just yet, although stranger things have happened. Thomas or McDonald would be the next man up, depending upon who is not starting tomorrow.

The thinking was that you can eliminate Cannon from any talk in the interior right off the bat, unless significant injuries occur, at least IMO.

Wendell, Connelly and one of McDonald/Thomas will already be out there, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of room.

I wouldn't mind using the Wendell-McDonald-Connelly line if it means seeing less of Thomas right now, but that all depends on how McDonald is doing with his shoulder etc.

Either way, we will find out soon enough, and I certainly agree with you that I think we win this game, despite the worries many have about losing Mankins. As I said before, I'd much rather have him miss this game if it means managing his injury properly and allowing him to heal more for the rest of the season. I would like to have him back next week vs Denver if possible of course.

Judging by the reactions of some people here on the forums, why are they even bothering to watch the game this afternoon?

The worry is spreading like wildfire, but I think a win tomorrow changes the whole perspective in many ways.

I certainly agree that many are just too negative, but I can also understand some of the concern at the same time.

It's time to stay positive now, and I think we all feel a little better tomorrow when the NYJ lose and we likely win.

The worry is spreading like wildfire, but I think a win tomorrow changes the whole perspective in many ways.

I certainly agree that many are just too negative, but I can also understand some of the concern at the same time.

It's time to stay positive now, and I think we all feel a little better tomorrow when the NYJ lose and we likely win.

I just think there's a bit of uneasiness that the entire success of the team is built upon the O-line and Brady. Last year, it was entirely true. If the O-line goes down, Brady goes down, and the team goes down. The D and running game (Ridley) have shown a lot of promise so far this season, but I don't think anyone has confidence in either to deliver a victory if Brady and his boys aren't clicking. The Patriots are still a very one-dimensional, and hence vulnerable, team.

Last edited:
I just think there's a bit of uneasiness that the entire success of the team is built upon the O-line and Brady. Last year, it was entirely true. If the O-line goes down, Brady goes down, and the team goes down. The D and running game (Ridley) have shown a lot of promise so far this season, but I don't think anyone has confidence in either to deliver a victory if Brady and his boys aren't clicking. The Patriots are still a very one-dimensional, and hence vulnerable, team.

In their one dimensionedness, there are many dimensions..

Sometimes it seems as though they play their best, when the odds are stacked against them..

Injuries, unfortunately, are part of the game and have always felt that after a long superbowl season there have been more injuries than usual. For Mankins to not play, after playing a whole season with a torn ACL.. the injury to his hip must be significant.

oh crap.

next man up I suppose

If you can't have a 'statement' game against the weak offenses you have faced how do you expect to have one agaisnt the best offense you will face all season?

I agree. The Patriots have a better defense than the Jets, Chiefs and Browns, so I see them scoring in the teens - maybe low 20s.

The Bills' defense gave up 48 points to the Jets in week one. That may have been an anomaly but maybe not. The Bills completely unraveled in that game with four turnovers and lots of penalties (replacement goofs?). They stopped the offenses of the Browns and Chiefs.

With or without Mankins, Edelman and Hernandez, they haven't seen an offense like the Pats.

I have to admit I still believed he would play, but I still don't think it is the end of the world. I still think the Pats will come in and make a statement game. It is going to be much harder, but as pointed out, Mankins wasn't going to go against Williams (granted Dareus isn't a cakewalk assignment either).

I still expect the Pats to spread the Bills out and take advantage of Bills' mediocre back seven. I also expect to see more Ridley to get the play action going.

I agree. The Patriots have a better defense than the Jets, Chiefs and Browns, so I see them scoring in the teens - maybe low 20s.

The Bills' defense gave up 48 points to the Jets in week one. That may have been an anomaly but maybe not. The Bills completely unraveled in that game with four turnovers and lots of penalties (replacement goofs?). They stopped the offenses of the Browns and Chiefs.

With or without Mankins, Edelman and Hernandez, they haven't seen an offense like the Pats.

Are you saying Sanchez, Weeden, and Cassel aren't in the same class as Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft