PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lloyd has rejected at least six inquiries about playing

I cant imagine what some of you guys would be suggesting if we actually lost.
These kids are closer than some of you think, by the time you brought a veteran in her and he learned the system at least one of these guys if not 2 will have turned the corner and we'll have Gronk and Amendola playing.

Boyce needs more than 2 measly snaps/game. Dropson is the one who should be inactive.

And what has happened to Gaffney? He would be my #1 UFA target if he is ready, willing
& able to play now.

Gaffney caught roughly 1/2 of his targets ... a younger and faster Dobson will be doing that and more in a few more games.

I cant imagine what some of you guys would be suggesting if we actually lost.
These kids are closer than some of you think, by the time you brought a veteran in her and he learned the system at least one of these guys if not 2 will have turned the corner and we'll have Gronk and Amendola playing.

Panic city ... they've been spoiled for too long.

You know all these years Belichick has been making lousy decisions and all.
4th in NFL history in winning percentage and 2nd in NFL history in playoff record.

Good thing Belichick doesn't take advice from the panic brigade in some of these threads.

What would you suggest that he do about his contractual obligation to Fox network even IF he wanted to return, and more importantly if Belichick wanted him to return?

This is all out loud thoughts here so bear with me.

If anything if Moss were to get a chance to come back to the Pats it would be in the best interest of Fox to let him out of his contract obligation. Why? Because think of the ratings potential Fox would have for any Pats games they have this season (especially ones that will be carried in most of the country) because they can advertise "Brady And Moss Together Again" or something like that. That would be worth far more to them than having Moss on say the pregame show on Fox Sports 1.

Now would BB bring back Moss? Personally in my opinion as long as it's not 2010 "What The Fark" Moss that lead to him getting the sudden boot to the Vikings (which lead to a certain Childress finally getting a boot of his own)... then BB might at least "kick the tires" in giving Moss some kind of workout to see if he's worth giving a chance. But the thing is that does Moss want to comeback? Or does he feel that his time in the NFL has ended and it's now time to work for the media he kinda doesn't want to acknowledge he works for?

This is all out loud thoughts here so bear with me.

If anything if Moss were to get a chance to come back to the Pats it would be in the best interest of Fox to let him out of his contract obligation. Why? Because think of the ratings potential Fox would have for any Pats games they have this season (especially ones that will be carried in most of the country) because they can advertise "Brady And Moss Together Again" or something like that. That would be worth far more to them than having Moss on say the pregame show on Fox Sports 1.

Now would BB bring back Moss? Personally in my opinion as long as it's not 2010 "What The Fark" Moss that lead to him getting the sudden boot to the Vikings (which lead to a certain Childress finally getting a boot of his own)... then BB might at least "kick the tires" in giving Moss some kind of workout to see if he's worth giving a chance. But the thing is that does Moss want to comeback? Or does he feel that his time in the NFL has ended and it's now time to work for the media he kinda doesn't want to acknowledge he works for?

You have a better chance at winning powerball than BB taking Moss back.

You have a better chance at winning powerball than BB taking Moss back.

Personally I feel you are right on that. But I've seen stranger things happen.

As far as Lloyd who's the actual person in discussion of this thread... eh... I'd rather bring Branch back before Lloyd.

The problem is that Moss has been 2010 "What the fark" Moss ever since 2010. Even last season, you could tell he just wasn't all there. He went through the motions and made some plays on talent alone, but there was just no fire. I'm not a big believer in body language, but in the Super Bowl he just looked like a guy that didn't care. If the ball went flying past him just out of his reach, he just stopped and jogged back to the huddle with no reaction. He appeared to have no emotional investment in his team's success last season. The exact opposite from Brady last night, if you will.

The problem is that Moss has been 2010 "What the fark" Moss ever since 2010. Even last season, you could tell he just wasn't all there. He went through the motions and made some plays on talent alone, but there was just no fire. I'm not a big believer in body language, but in the Super Bowl he just looked like a guy that didn't care. If the ball went flying past him just out of his reach, he just stopped and jogged back to the huddle with no reaction. He appeared to have no emotional investment in his team's success last season. The exact opposite from Brady last night, if you will.

I think one problem is that in the mind of Randy Moss he still think's he is a top level high end WR but in reality at this stage of his career he's at best a number 3 on the depth chart. So instead of trying to work hard and be a good bit role player it seems like he'd rather go through the motions. Which to me is absolutely immature on his part if that is the case.

Not to mention he certainly hasn't left that "what the fark" mode given the recent comments he made about Kaepernick and Davis not having raport. Or his little temper tantrum over the Vikings giving 84 to Patterson. I mean as much as I can't stomach Favre at least he didn't throw a fit over the Vikings giving 4 to Bethel-Thompson.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back