PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lito Sheppard traded to Jets [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lito Sheppard traded to Jets [merged]

I don't get the Sheppard love on this board. He can be a good CB, but he isn't anything special. He has made a living in man-to-man and probably wouldn't fit into the Pats' system anyway. He upgraded the Jets' secondary, but I might have upgraded the Jets secondary playing opposite of Revis.

It could be a good trade for the Jets, but it isn't a blockbuster trade. Personally I would rather have Bodden because we know he can be productive in the Pats' system.

I don't get the Sheppard love on this board. He can be a good CB, but he isn't anything special. He has made a living in man-to-man and probably wouldn't fit into the Pats' system anyway. He upgraded the Jets' secondary, but I might have upgraded the Jets secondary playing opposite of Revis.

It could be a good trade for the Jets, but it isn't a blockbuster trade. Personally I would rather have Bodden because we know he can be productive in the Pats' system.

I would like the Bodden move also, but he left with no deal, at least so far. Just wish we'd get someone back there who will make an impact. I think people are just hungry for some positive news at CB, since we saw how bad losing Samuel turned out. I didn't think losing him last yr was gonna be as big of an impact as it ended up being.

======================================================

Good post. You made good points, so rather then argue them I would like to say Vince is the better nose tackle. Jenkins had about 8 games last year where he was dominate, played at a level above Wilfork, but Wilfork brings it game after game year after year.

I hope for the Pats sake they have enough dollars and are willing to pay the man.
More like wishful thinking on my part that the Pats don't.

I do think that Jenkins was, up until late November, worthy of MVP and/or DPOY talk, but his production fell off the map at a catalystic proportion. That's why I think Wilfork is better. He has been rock steady.

Jets acquire Lito Sheppard

From what I've heard, they've given Philly a 5th rounder this year as part of the package.

FYI-Sheppard got benched from his NICKEL role midway through last season(Read: NICKEL role, and then got completely delegated to ST). Dumb, Dumb, DUMB...

The Associated Press: Jets acquire CB Sheppard from Eagles

NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Jets have acquired two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Lito Sheppard from the Philadelphia Eagles for undisclosed draft picks.

The deal was completed Saturday after New York re-signed guard Brandon Moore earlier in the day and signed former Baltimore linebacker Bart Scott on Friday.

Sheppard, who spent his first seven NFL seasons with the Eagles, will help shore up a Jets secondary that ranked 29th against the pass last year despite having Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis and playmaking safety Kerry Rhodes.

Sheppard, 27, saw his role reduced last season as he started only three games with Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown in the starting lineup. The former first-round pick out of Florida made the Pro Bowl in 2004 and '06.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Jets acquire Lito Sheppard

Considering the Pats once gave up a 3rd rounder for the immortal Duane Starks, I don't think this is all that bad a deal for the Jets.

Re: Jets acquire Lito Sheppard

Mods-My Apologies for not seeing this thread started already on Page 2!

Please either delete this thread or merge it with the other. Thanks!

Re: Lito Sheppard

He's a ballhawk and he gets his INTs, but Joselio Hanson passed him on the Eagles' depth chart last year. If the Jets really got him for a 4th rounder, then that seems like a pretty low-risk trade for them, and maybe he'll pan out and be as good as he was a few years ago. OTOH, I think that, like a lot of ballhawks, he seems to get overrated simply because a lot of people don't notice corners unless they're intercepting the ball.

Sheppard never was that good. Javon Kearse at his prime made Sheppard look a lot better than he actually was.

You don't go out and give Asanmte $10m a year if you've already got 2 good corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST