PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lito Sheppard traded to Jets [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Lito Sheppard threads merged

How do you know they are terrible? Can they be any worse then Favre?

Ummm...do you not remember how Clemens looked when he played?

Re: Lito Sheppard to the Jets per National Football Post

That D could be good under his tutilage. He's bringing in physical corners, he' got a great safety. Jenkins really stepped mid season last year. At the least you have to give them credit for putting a plan together, last year they just went for money and star power. I like their additions these pickups are all complimentary.

I think it's more from the standpoint of "if we trade them a good QB, then we're basically giving them the single hardest piece to becoming a legitimate division rival". Why would we just hand that over? Would be better to trade Cassel to someone else, and let them continue to suck while they try to groom up the Ratliffs and Clemens of the world.

That's what i'm saying. a solid qb and they've suddenly gotten pretty good

Yeah, let's just help make them a great team. Like their not gonna be fiesty enough already

Five names you figure out the answer....

Jeff George
Tom Brady
Duante Cullpepper
Randall Cunningham
Matt Cassell

That D could be good under his tutilage. He's bringing in physical corners, he' got a great safety. Jenkins really stepped mid season last year. At the least you have to give them credit for putting a plan together, last year they just went for money and star power. I like their additions these pickups are all complimentary.

As a Pats fan, the silver lining IMO is that, if they're counting on Jenkins to be their NT, he'll be done by the midpoint of next season. Guy has no knees left.

Re: Lito Sheppard threads merged

Good move by the Eagles to get picks and give up an overrated player in the process.

As I said before, based on what?

I vote that we resume this conversation after week 5 of next season.

As a Pats fan, the silver lining IMO is that, if they're counting on Jenkins to be their NT, he'll be done by the midpoint of next season. Guy has no knees left.

He was strong mid season then he faded, so I guess your right. Then again they have a new guy at the helm so maybe they are looking to bring in a young fatty, although this draft is thin at DT.

Re: Why not go for Lito Sheppard?

Like I said... Outside of Keller a big WR masquerading as a TE where is the Offense?

=================================================

Rex wants the Jets to be a running team with a dominate D.

T Jones and L Washington had good production last year, add a short yard back to the mix along with a seasoned veteran O-Line and the need for a great QB is lessened.

Jets are high on the 3 QB's they have, especialy Ratliff, who knows maybe a QB falls to them in the draft.

Jets will have a good run game next year.

really, wut did happen to jets having no cap room?

==================================================

-14 Favre
- 7 moore
-7 Coles
-10 in restructured contracts
+4 thank you NFL
-4 David Barret
-2 Chriss Baker

Re: Lito Sheppard

if it's true you guys are building a funky @#$ secondary over there, props.

still can't get the stink off me from having to root for them in wk.17 though:(

I never rooted for the Jets. I merely rooted for the Dolphins to lose. Favre's gift wrap interception ended hopes of that happening though. The curse of Favre strikes again!

Looks like Sheppard goes for a 5th and the conditional pick in 2010 can go up pretty high depending on performance.

I think the Pats would have paid a 3rd to get Sheppard for the playoff run but the Eagles were too greedy, now they are getting almost nothing now a 5th, and MAYBE something good later. Don't forget that the Jets will also have to pay him a bigger $$ extension before he agrees to play. He was very unhappy with his salary in Philly.

I think that the Pats go after Bodden. They don't have to pay any draft picks, just money.

Last edited:

Naw, This is an earnest Jets fan and deserves a genuine answer. I'll diagram it for him, and maybe he gets the picture.

Game 1 16-3 L
Game 2 17-7 L
Game 3 21-6 L
Game 4 24-0 L
Defense exhausted and discouraged.
Game 5 28-3 L
Game 6 35-6 L
Game 7 42-0 L
Game 8 ...it gets worse etc.

Teams without an Offense don't score; and the Defense gets worn down, discouraged, injured and it snowballs.

You have no QBs. Kellen looked terrible and Ratliff is a third stringer, regardles of what he did against shelf stockers, bus boys, hamburger flippers, and warehouse men.

You have no RBs except for a good change of pace third down back, who will get crushed with overuse.

You have no receivers except for a TE. Your line is fair to good, but not dominant. You can't make chicken salad from chicken feathers.

When you go 1-15, or 2-14 or 3-13 and have the #1 pick, then you can draft Sam Bradford in 2010, and start to lay a foundation.

But I suspect that Rex will get the bum's rush like Cameron did in Miami after the 1-15 fiasco. You Jet fans are brutal and will demand his scalp. Then the new-comer will tear down the aged Defense that Rex is creating.

Naw, This is an earnest Jets fan and deserves a genuine answer. I'll diagram it for him, and maybe he gets the picture.

Game 1 16-3 L
Game 2 17-7 L
Game 3 21-6 L
Game 4 24-0 L
Defense exhausted and discouraged.
Game 5 28-3 L
Game 6 35-6 L
Game 7 42-0 L
Game 8 ...it gets worse etc.

Teams without an Offense don't score; and the Defense gets worn down, discouraged, injured and it snowballs.

You have no QBs. Kellen looked terrible and Ratliff is a third stringer, regardles of what he did against shelf stockers, bus boys, hamburger flippers, and warehouse men.

You have no RBs except for a good change of pace third down back, who will get crushed with overuse.

You have no receivers except for a TE. Your line is fair to good, but not dominant. You can't make chicken salad from chicken feathers.

When you go 1-15, or 2-14 or 3-13 and have the #1 pick, then you can draft Sam Bradford in 2010, and start to lay a foundation.

But I suspect that Rex will get the bum's rush like Cameron did in Miami after the 1-15 fiasco. You Jet fans are brutal and will demand his scalp. Then the new-comer will tear down the aged Defense that Rex is creating.

=========================================================

I see you put some time and effort into your post, are you being serious, or are you just talking smack.

Smack is good, I have no problem with that, considering I am on a Pats board I expect the Jets to get slammed, its all good.

=========================================================

I see you put some time and effort into your post, are you being serious, or are you just talking smack.

Smack is good, I have no problem with that, considering I am on a Pats board I expect the Jets to get slammed, its all good.

I think he's being serious. I'm not going to waste my time responding.

Five names you figure out the answer....

Jeff George
Tom Brady
Duante Cullpepper
Randall Cunningham
Matt Cassell

?????? I can tell u the difference between these players, but what the hell does that have to do with us giving them Cassel????

why would we wanna give them Cassel to make them even better? (like many posters pointed out?)

What the hell does Jeff George or Daunte Culpepper have to do with anything?

u totally lost me--your argument was we should give them Cassel, so why would we do that, and once again, why are you bringing up all these players?

Last edited:
Re: Lito Sheppard traded to Jets [merged]

Good pickup for the jets.

If Lito Sheppard was that good, he wouldn't have been third on the depth chart in Philly, the Eagles would have given him a new deal rather than paying Samuel, and someone would have given the Eagles the draft picks they were looking for last year.

Seriously, the last time Sheppard had a good year was in 2006. He has had an up and down career and more down than up.

I wouldn't have minded if the Pats traded for Sheppard, but to think he is this missing piece in the Super Bowl pie for the Jets is silly. Sheppard is an upgrade over what the Jets had, but he is an average CB.

Still the Jets will need their defense to be great because I still don't know how they are going to score points. No QB, mediocre receiving corp, overrated o-line, and a very good RB tandem that I don't think can carry the offense though.

I still think the Jets defense will live and die on Kris Jenkins (who isn't better than Wilfork in the 3-4) and based on last year and his injury history, is a dangerous thing because he doesn't appear to be able to play at a high level for a 16 game season.

Last edited:

If Lito Sheppard was that good, he wouldn't have been third on the depth chart in Philly, the Eagles would have given him a new deal rather than paying Samuel, and someone would have given the Eagles the draft picks they were looking for last year.

Seriously, the last time Sheppard had a good year was in 2006. He has had an up and down career and more down than up.

I wouldn't have minded if the Pats traded for Sheppard, but to think he is this missing piece in the Super Bowl pie for the Jets is silly. Sheppard is an upgrade over what the Jets had, but he is an average CB.

Still the Jets will need their defense to be great because I still don't know how they are going to score points. No QB, mediocre receiving corp, overrated o-line, and a very good RB tandem that I don't think can carry the offense though.

I still think the Jets defense will live and die on Kris Jenkins (who isn't better than Wilfork in the 3-4) and based on last year and his injury history, is a dangerous thing because he doesn't appear to be able to play at a high level for a 16 game season.

======================================================

Good post. You made good points, so rather then argue them I would like to say Vince is the better nose tackle. Jenkins had about 8 games last year where he was dominate, played at a level above Wilfork, but Wilfork brings it game after game year after year.

I hope for the Pats sake they have enough dollars and are willing to pay the man.
More like wishful thinking on my part that the Pats don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back