PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lito Sheppard traded to Jets [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Lito Sheppard threads merged

Their DT is better than ours..

I forgot about Jenkins. Whoops.

Don't think he's better than ours. But that is true; their defense should be pretty decent.

Their DT is better than ours..

That's debatable, but they are looking alot better, starting to get a little scared

That's debatable, but they are looking alot better, starting to get a little scared

Take solace in Kellen Clemens, or whomever they decide to start at QB this year.

I don't believe that Jenkins is as consistent as Wilfork is.

As for Leonhard, damn the Jets, he needs to come here. He's better than Ventrone.. He'll, I'll fly up from Dallas to help Ventrone pack if it gets Leonhard into a Pats uni.

Leonhard is sewn at the hip to Rex Ryan,, Leonhard was an Undrafted FA and owe's all his $ and success to Ryan.

I am not sure he is all that good but he knows Rex's system and should not cost a fortune.

I think it is a done deal Leonhard to the Jets, but that is just me conjecturing at this point.

Last edited:
Re: Lito Sheppard

WOw, the jets got him.. They're building a pretty good secondary.. I know its early but I'm hoping we address this..

Sheppard is 4th on the depth chart because hes not very good anymore.

The jets aren't messing around with there d , gonna have a sick secondary. Sucks the pats don't have money to play with.

but who is the jets qb?

I remember Sheppard coming up on the WEEI Sunday football show early this year and both Curran and Felger telling the caller who asked they doubted the Pats would ever be interested because in past match-ups with Philly the coaches viewed him as a weak link in their defense.

Sheppard is 4th on the depth chart because hes not very good anymore.

Hahaha, my reaction too. Why not trade for someone who's fourth on his team's depth chart? Well, probably because he's 4th on the depth chart, for starters (and seeking starter money).

Hahaha, my reaction too. Why not trade for someone who's fourth on his team's depth chart? Well, probably because he's 4th on the depth chart, for starters (and seeking starter money).

============================================

Are you serious, I think Lito was a 1st rd pick and has made the probowl, I admit I have not followed his career, but I thought he was suppose to be good? I heard he can lock down his guy has good speed, poor tackler which sounds like a good fit for Rex's style of D.

Are you serious, I think Lito was a 1st rd pick and has made the probowl, I admit I have not followed his career, but I thought he was suppose to be good? I heard he can lock down his guy has good speed, poor tackler which sounds like a good fit for Rex's style of D.

No offense or anything, but I dont think poor tackling is good fit for any D...

But I hope the Jets take it to heart :D

He's a ballhawk and he gets his INTs, but Joselio Hanson passed him on the Eagles' depth chart last year. If the Jets really got him for a 4th rounder, then that seems like a pretty low-risk trade for them, and maybe he'll pan out and be as good as he was a few years ago. OTOH, I think that, like a lot of ballhawks, he seems to get overrated simply because a lot of people don't notice corners unless they're intercepting the ball.

NFL.com Blogs Adam Schefter

New York and Philadelphia are completing a trade that will send cornerback Lito Sheppard to the Jets while the Eagles will receive a 2009 fifth-round pick and a 2010 conditional draft pick.

The pick could be as high as a second-round choice in 2010 and as a low as a fourth. But the eagles will get two picks and the Jets get Sheppard, who will be in New York Saturday for a physical.

====================================

Sounds good, considering the 2nd round pick the Jets will have to give up will be a very high pick, maybe the 31st or 32nd pick of round 2 so it will be more like a 3rd.

Hope the kid can earn the Eagles a 2nd.

Re: Lito Sheppard to the Jets per National Football Post

That D could be getting fiesty with Ryan at the helm and Scott and Harris in the middle. Now they add Sheppard a solid jam cornerback. They just need a QB, HEY, WE GOT AN EXTRA ONE, LET'S SPICE THIS BABY UP LIKE BLEDSOE TO THE BILLS. :D

====================================

Sounds good, considering the 2nd round pick the Jets will have to give up will be a very high pick, maybe the 31st or 32nd pick of round 2 so it will be more like a 3rd.

Hope the kid can earn the Eagles a 2nd.

Umm...you mean to say "the pick the Jets will be giving up will be a top 10 in rd 2"? YOU HAVE NO QB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3