PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Listen to the Big Show now on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: listen to big show now..weei

It is indeed their problem. And it will be ours if we do not acknowledge wrongdoing IF the Commissioner decides that there was such.

People are going to remember the original accusation, not the end result unless it is overly severe. If the WEEI reading is correct and BB gains vidincation in some form via his interpretation, people will still feel that BB and the Pats are cheaters. This is not unlike the tuck rule in that many still hold out belief that was a fumble. That is their problem, however.

People are going to remember the original accusation, not the end result unless it is overly severe. If the WEEI reading is correct and BB gains vidincation in some form via his interpretation, people will still feel that BB and the Pats are cheaters. This is not unlike the tuck rule in that many still hold out belief that was a fumble. That is their problem, however.

Yes, I can hear them now. Actually, they will use all the mis-quotes that have been flying around and state them as fact. There will be no way to really deny all the bs. It might even be worse than the tuck rule because of all these lies and inuendos, Ya think?

What will be kinda fun to watch will be how many people say, "I never said they were guilty, I said if they are guilty, then they need to give up those Lombardi's" If only there was some real judgement day kinda thing that would make these fools own up.

Let's not kid ourselves, the only interpretation of the rules that matters is Goodell's. The fact that Bill has a different interpretation is really only relevant in that it's better for us fans than the alternative which is basically, "Yeah, I knew it was against the rules, but I did it anyway because I'm an arrogant bastard."

There's going to be a punishment handed down for illegal videotaping.

The best case scenario for NE fans at this point is that the League decision includes some kind of language to the effect of, "However, we found no evidence that New England engaged in the usage of video equipment to unfairly affect the outcome of the game."

Make no mistake, that's what we are looking for here.

It is indeed their problem. And it will be ours if we do not acknowledge wrongdoing IF the Commissioner decides that there was such.

Interesting. So, if the Commissioner decides that there was wrongdoing, do you think that the pats would stand tall against him and say that they read it one way and that does not make them culpable? It would be a wild scenario if they did that. I guess that I just figured that if he said they were guilty, that they would concede and move on.

Actually, I really think that they would concede, regardless of what they really felt. They, (Meaning the pats) are really big time into the NFL as a corporation and I can't see them going Rogue on this issue. The will take it and move on.

Let's not kid ourselves, the only interpretation of the rules that matters is Goodell's. The fact that Bill has a different interpretation is really only relevant in that it's better for us fans than the alternative which is basically, "Yeah, I knew it was against the rules, but I did it anyway because I'm an arrogant bastard."

There's going to be a punishment handed down for illegal videotaping.

The best case scenario for NE fans at this point is that the League decision includes some kind of language to the effect of, "However, we found no evidence that New England engaged in the usage of video equipment to unfairly affect the outcome of the game."

Make no mistake, that's what we are looking for here.
I beg to differ.

Bob Kraft's baby, the dynasty that he has worked so very hard to build, is being made out to be a bunch of cheaters and frauds thanks to a plethora of malicious and defamatory articles that are based upon purely speculative information about the Pats cheating. I think it is quite safe to say that Bob Kraft is not a happy camper right now. Livid is probably a good way to describe him about right now.

If all this happens as a result of some poorly written clause in some policy that the league has chosen to enact then I'm not so sure you'll see Kraft politely say "It's OK I understand mistakes happen" If the punishment to the Pats is severe and they have done nothing to deserve it then watch out!

WEEI's big show is doing the 'rat bastard mangini' winer line.........should be entertaining!

I beg to differ.

Bob Kraft's baby, the dynasty that he has worked so very hard to build, is being made out to be a bunch of cheaters and frauds thanks to a plethora of malicious and defamatory articles that are based upon purely speculative information about the Pats cheating. I think it is quite safe to say that Bob Kraft is not a happy camper right now. Livid is probably a good way to describe him about right now.

If all this happens as a result of some poorly written clause in some policy that the league has chosen to enact then I'm not so sure you'll see Kraft politely say "It's OK I understand mistakes happen" If the punishment to the Pats is severe and they have done nothing to deserve it then watch out!

right, but we don't know how "poorly written" the clause is yet. or if it's poorly written at all. As far as lawyers are concerned, it's probably pretty iron-clad. But again, I'm glad we at least appear to have a different interpretation even if Goodell doesn't think we have a leg to stand on - which we might not.

OK, what has the Commissioner's office officially done so far? They have received a complaint and supposedly set a hearing and supposedly called the coach of the team named in the complaint. Is there anything else official?

IF the NFL's attorney-Commissioner passes down punishment, then the violation will be well-documented and ironclad. Most likely, one of the Commissioner's major sponsors (Kraft) will have agreed not to fight the particular negotiated punishment.

Do you disagree?

right, but we don't know how "poorly written" the clause is yet. or if it's poorly written at all. As far as lawyers are concerned, it's probably pretty iron-clad. But again, I'm glad we at least appear to have a different interpretation even if Goodell doesn't think we have a leg to stand on - which we might not.

People usually bring the "interpretation" thing when they want to do something, and there's is something in place that prevents them from doing it.

and what will Goodell say about the Jets cameraman taping the Pats D in Ursas photos?

OK, what has the Commissioner's office officially done so far? They have received a complaint and supposedly set a hearing and supposedly called the coach of the team named in the complaint. Is there anything else official?

IF the NFL's attorney-Commissioner passes down punishment, then the violation will be well-documented and ironclad. Most likely, one of the Commissioner's major sponsors (Kraft) will have agreed not to fight the particular negotiated punishment.

Do you disagree?

Nope. I agree. It was your other post that seemed to imply that they better acknowledge wrongedoing that I was refering to. By saying that, it opened the door to them possibly not going along with the ruling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News