PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

List all 'experts' picks here

Status
Not open for further replies.
What scares me the most is that Dr Z of Sport's Illustrated picked the Pats to win.

That's like the kiss of death and a very bad omen.

Dr Z is a moron who seems to always pick the wrong team in the big games.

He picked the Bills over the Cowboys the year they got drubbed.

Inside the NFL
Collinsworth:pats
Costas:pats
Carter:Colts
Marino:Colts

It's Peyton's year according to Marino (((SIGH)))

According to a graphic at the end of the show, Marino has picked against the Pats seven times in their 12 - 1 run in the playoffs. He was wrong all seven times since he picked the Pats to beat Denver last year.

He has now picked against them eight times. Keep up the good work Dan. I think you just guaranteed us a win.

Felger picked the Colts to win "by a couple scores, I dont think its going to be close". :eek: This was on his FoxSports show last night.

Felger last week: SD 31 NE 20

Do you think he calls Borges' name when he's making love to his wife?

ROTFLMAO....oh, Borgie is "Chatting" on Boston.com right now...why doesn't he just MOVE to Indy???? Oh, he just wrote "Harrison is O-U-T out" even though Rodney is listed as DOUBTFUL and practiced today. I hate that guy and Felger is JUST as bad.

Do you think he calls Borges' name when he's making love to his wife?

No. He calls his wife's name when he's making love to Borges.

Andrew Perloff SI. Picks the Pats

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2007/01/why-pats-should-be-favored.html

Tom Brady has never lost in a dome and he's 12-1 in the playoffs.
Robert Beck/SI

Even though the game is in Indianapolis, I'm surprised the Patriots are three-point underdogs to the Colts. I think I'm missing something. Here are 10 reasons I thought New England would be a slight favorite. Go ahead, try to convince me otherwise.

1. The Patriots' mastery of the Colts in the postseason: The same principle players and coaches are in place from 2003 and 2004, when New England topped Indy in Foxboro.

2. Brady vs. Manning: Brady is 12-1 in the postseason. Manning is 5-6.

3. Belichick vs. Dungy: Belichick is 13-2 in the playoffs. Dungy is 7-8.

4. Tom Brady is 10-0 in domes.

5. The Colts have looked beatable in the playoffs: They were trying to hand that game over to the Chiefs, but K.C. didn't want it. And I know how tough the Ravens were, but I wasn't as impressed by Indy as everyone else last Saturday. New England's offense is in a different league than Baltimore's.

6. The Colts looked bad the second half of the season: They were 3-4 in their last seven.

7. Manning struggles against 3-4 defenses: The Colts QB had a 39.6 passer rating against Baltimore.

8. Regular-season matchups don't foreshadow playoff rematches: The Colts' 27-20 win over the Pats in Week 9 has little bearing on the postseason. Remember, Indy clobbered Pittsburgh during the 2005 regular season before losing to the Steelers in the playoffs.

9. The Pats' road success neutralizes Indy's home prowess: I know, I know ... The Colts are 9-0 at the RCA Dome. But, New England is 8-1 away from home this year and won at San Diego, where the Chargers were also 8-0.

10. Homefield advantage not a big deal in conference championship games anyway: Road teams have won the last two AFC title games.

Its priceless to see Felger kissing the Patriots ass EVERY TIME they win a big game when he predicts them to lose.

I'm predicting at least one of these yahoos sheds tears if the Colts fall. Most likely: Clayton. Manning's Ball Washer in Chief.

luv this sht...

the day Clayton (WHAT ARE HIS CREDENTIALS?!) or Hoge pick us over the Colts is the day I chop off my own penis and ram a hot poker up my ass

jim mora picks colts..."they are a little bit better team and are due and at home"

ron jaworski picks the colts..heard on wfan
expects manning to have a great game and all the stars have aligned for the colts and they wont let this opportunity slip away

The Sunday Countdown before the Jags game, they were doing their 2 minute drill and they ask which playoff team would have the quickest out in the playoffs and Jaws said the Pats. He is at least eight teams off on that one.

Normally, I value what Jaws has to say because he breaks down film better than any other analyst, but this year he has seemed to be more of a yahoo. He picked the Eagles over the Saints which if you look at it objectively is a homer pick (eventhough it ended up being close). I think he picked against the Pats vs. the Jets too.

I don't really who picks us or doesn't. I bet the Pats already have the ESPN Grid on their bulletin board and playing the underdog angle to the T.

Jack Del Rio picked the Colts on NFL Live today.

The more 'experts' who pick the Colts, the better IMHO.

QB12

luv this sht...

the day Clayton (WHAT ARE HIS CREDENTIALS?!) or Hoge pick us over the Colts is the day I chop off my own penis and ram a hot poker up my ass

Clayton's credentials? Other than getting beaten up on a regular basis by the football team in high school? I guess I don't know.

Yeah and Jack Del Rio is a piece of crap sore loser because we ended their season. Hes just bitter :)

Ron Borges just made his pick on MSNBC...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16682035/from/RS.2/

The funny thing is he picked the Colts on ESPN 890. I guess to the local crowd he decides to Marino-ing his pick.

By the way, I am coining the phrase Marino-ing when it refers to weekly picks. The definition of this word is "The act of picking different winners for the same game on two or more different media outlets to cover one's own ass from every being wrong."

A surprisingly pro-Patriots article by Borges. However, I certainly took exception with this statement, "Shorn, by their own choice, of the most clutch kicker in pro football history."
Not by their own choice. Much like with Branch, they made a very fair offer, but both players happened to be greedy SOBs who wanted more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3