Scouting FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a frightening thought from Len Pasquarelli:

Julian Edelman, Welker's replacement in the Pats' wild-card loss to the Baltimore Ravens, had six receptions for 44 yards and two touchdowns in that game. Edelman was a seventh-round pick in 2009, and the conventional wisdom was that New England would make the former Kent State star a Wildcat quarterback. But playing principally as a slot receiver, Edelman had 37 catches for 359 yards in his debut season. And he filled in admirably after Welker suffered torn knee ligaments in the regular-season finale.

According to Edelman, only a handful of teams scouted him, but it took just one of them to be impressed enough to draft him despite a lack of combine experience.

Seriously, what the heck were other teams thinking? "Wildcat QB? Meh."? :confused:

Then again, I really shouldn't complain, should I? :D

Vision, it's not for everyone.

It is kind of scary how a former quarterback can make so many nfl playersmiss and be such a good juker.

BB saw something noone else did.

It is kind of scary how a former quarterback can make so many nfl playersmiss and be such a good juker.

The Area Scout saw him long before BB did (which should shut-up the wankers whining about BB's staff...but it won't).

Aside, of course, from anyone with access to YouTube. :)

Seriously—watch that video starting around the 2:00 mark, and watch the play that starts at 2:31. I'm glad that BB saw that in Edelman. :eek: :D :rocker:

Other team(s) scouting failure is a good thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back