Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
NFL Picks and Predictions for Week 16 - National Football League - ESPN
Baltimore across the board

Bruschi's Breakdown -- Patriots-Ravens will turn on a few plays - ESPN Boston

Mike: I had been riding a hot streak picking the Patriots until last week, and now I think this is a tough spot for them. It's not a good week to possibly be playing musical chairs along the offensive line. Ravens 23, Patriots 20.

Tedy: Beware the teams in December that start gathering momentum and playing good football. I think this Ravens team is exactly that. One thing is for sure, both of these teams will be well-prepared and this game will be decided in the fourth quarter. The Ravens have a few more playmakers than the Patriots and I think that will be the difference. Dumervil or Suggs will make the play to end a fourth-quarter drive to win the game over the Patriots. Ravens 27, Patriots 21.
both mike and tedy pick the ravens.

NFL Week 16 picks: New England Patriots vs. Baltimore Ravens, more - NFL - Don Banks - SI.com

Don banks-ravens again by a point

NFL Picks - Straight Up - Week 16 - CBSSports.com
Cbs has split equal betwen pats/ravens..

There are no 'experts' that make sports picks. They're required to do so as part of their job so I have no issue with those that pick against the Pats nor do I get worked up about it as if its some type of a slap in the face. I think most will agree this will likely be a close game decided in the 4th qtr. I would pick the Ravens as well given they're at home and the injuries the Pats are facing at key positions but I'm no 'expert' :D

There are no 'experts' that make sports picks. They're required to do so as part of their job so I have no issue with those that pick against the Pats nor do I get worked up about it as if its some type of a slap in the face. I think most will agree this will likely be a close game decided in the 4th qtr. I would pick the Ravens as well given they're at home and the injuries the Pats are facing at key positions but I'm no 'expert' :D

thats why I always put 'expert' in quotes. :)

In before the cliche "I love being the underdog :rocker:" post.

The Ravens are the team of moment. Because they are on a four game winning streak and they won the Super Bowl last year after a shakey regular season, people are buying them hard. Not surprised the media are all over them considering the general consensus is the Pats are done because they lost Gronk.

I think the Flacco injury could be potentially huge. He didn't throw in the media portion of yesterday's practice (he just handed off the football). No one knows if he will be able to step into passes. I think the media is overlooking that.

I love this. Everyone of the ESPN gurus pick the Ravens.

Belichick now has ample us-against-the-world fodder for the next couple of days to fire up the defense to go after the Ravens 1) injured running backs, 2) injured quarterback, 3) mediocre WRs and 4) injured TE.

If Brady has Thompkins and Dobson outside to balance the smurf patrol of Amendola, Edelman and Vereen, the passing game will be quick throws in between the numbers with occasional shots outside.

Watching the last two Ravens games, they struggle to sustain drives and if Brady can dink and dunk in a hurry up, that nasty defense can get gassed. The Ravens DL is very tough, but in a hurry up, they'll have a tough time.

I think they'll pull this one out. Was a bit iffy going into Miami. But, don't think they'll lose two in a row. Patriots 23, Ravens 20. Justin Tucker's last second field goal is incorrectly ruled no good as Patriots win the AFC East.

I love this. Everyone of the ESPN gurus pick the Ravens.

Belichick now has ample us-against-the-world fodder for the next couple of days to fire up the defense to go after the Ravens 1) injured running backs, 2) injured quarterback, 3) mediocre WRs and 4) injured TE.

If Brady has Thompkins and Dobson outside to balance the smurf patrol of Amendola, Edelman and Vereen, the passing game will be quick throws in between the numbers with occasional shots outside.

Watching the last two Ravens games, they struggle to sustain drives and if Brady can dink and dunk in a hurry up, that nasty defense can get gassed. The Ravens DL is very tough, but in a hurry up, they'll have a tough time.

This is a rivalry game against the team that ended their season a year ago. If they need ESPN picks to get fired up then there's something wrong.

In before the cliche "I love being the underdog :rocker:" post.

You are too fast. My mindset is back to early 2000s, everyone picking against the Pats, i like it.

Calling it now. Pats 40-22.

Fake field goal, Gost throws TD pass to an uncovered Hoomanawanui out on the flank and Pats carry the momentum to a big win when no one expected it. Kinda like the '04 game in St. Louis.

(Hard to believe — but worth noting — they scored all those points without a 6-6 freakishly athletic tight end to help them in the red zone.)

nothing says building up steam like having to win because your kicker made 6 field goals.

Calling it now. Pats 40-22.

Fake field goal, Gost throws TD pass to an uncovered Hoomanawanui out on the flank and Pats carry the momentum to a big win when no one expected it.

when's the last big trick play we called that WORKED?

it has been awhile

My confidence in the Patriots taking this game grows with each passing day.
Keep sending all that love and hype the Ravens way. I love it!!
I love it when the Patriots play in games nobody thinks they'll win. :D

To be fair, I wouldn't want them to try many trick plays. Other than a reverse here and there for about 10-15 yards, they don't need them, and they're not that type of team. Leave it to like the Browns and other teams.

They usually don't work anyways, like Patrick Dung's fake punt.

no surprise...right now Balt is the better team...if the pats were at home and ravens on road..then those picks would change...but given how poorly the pats play on road...it sounds right

The Ravens have won four in a row and seem to be getting hot. The Pats have a lot of injuries and have been living on the edge for over a month. So, sure, it's reasonable to pick the Ravens at Home over the Pats this week.

But despite whatever the experts (or, should I say "experts") say, the two teams still have to play the game; that's really all that matters.

no surprise...right now Balt is the better team...if the pats were at home and ravens on road..then those picks would change...but given how poorly the pats play on road...it sounds right

i disagree, i think they are pretty even across the board.

Brady > Flacco
Pitta > whoever we start at tight end
Vereen > a banged up ray rice
jones > Amendola
Edlemen > torry smith

Add in dobson and thompkins if they play > do the ravens even have more then 2 receivers?

I put our o over their o all day

Defense ray rice cant run, so we shouldn't get toasted on the front 7 talib on torrey smith, Mccourty leaning towards jones side

Blitz all night,

It all depends on what weapons the Pats have that are healthy.

If the Pats have virtually nobody like last week, the Ravens will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back