PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lewis..just 17 snaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why he's not out there on PR's? He is the shiftiest guy on the team. Maybe there is something I am missing, though?

The expanded use of the no-huddle last night may be part of the reason. Maybe he's not yet as comfortable with some aspects of the offense as White is.

He will see plenty of action this coming Sunday.

I takes a while to come back - - people forget it wasn't just an ACL surgery last year. It was an ACL surgery with a follow up surgery when the knee acted up in TC.

People should also keep that in mind when criticizing Edelman (who has been Grade B Edelman so far, which is still better than most slot WRs in the NFL). His first surgery was AFTER Lewis' and he too had another offseason additional surgery.

Give these guys some time - - neither will be 100% this year, but hopefully come back in 2017 100% and dangerous.

I am a little concerned. Lewis seems to be lacking some of his explosiveness and agility - just like you pointed out.

He seems a step slower than last season...

I think they're taking it easy on him. Best to unleash him at full blast when you only need to win 3 games in the playoffs. Though maybe it's my high expectations of him but he did disappoint me just a tiny bit when he wasn't able to make a defender miss on a third down conversion (I think it was). Might just be rust, but I remember him making a lot of defenders miss on plays like that last year

Or it might just be that the Ravens are a good defense who tackles well.

Even on that flea flicker play, it looked like a bit of defensive holding helped but they still made a shoestring tackle to save the potential touchdown. Sure, they gave it up right after to Bennett, but that was a tough play made by Marty than anything conceded by the D.

Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the opposition. They made a ton of tackles and did a good job of limiting YAC a lot of times.

Lewis got run over by Weddle. Not his fault, but he isn't stout enough to handle Weddle on a blitz.

More Lewis probably meant more Weddle in Brady's face.

All about match-ups.

Plus, yeah, cold night (bet his knee was aching), rough team that tackles beautifully and blitzes a killer safety...White was the better choice.

I am a little concerned. Lewis seems to be lacking some of his explosiveness and agility - just like you pointed out.

Yea I don't know if its a "step" per se. He hasn't had that ankle-breaking shiftiness that he did last year. Could be apprehension. Not sure.

With that said he might need a few more months to get to be 100% back to where he was.

An ACL surgery plus another subsequent will do that for awhile.

Honestly, it's great he can do what he does now. We'll see him at 100% in 2017, hopefully.

The Pats will unleash him in the playoffs, wait til teams get a load of White / Lewis in the backfield and all kinds of trickery that comes with it. Amendola should be back by then as well.

Secret Playoff Weapon!!!!
When the new season starts, then they unleash THE LEWIS! :D

Some of Brady's better passes came from those 17 snaps that formation with Lewis and White in the Backfield puts alot of pressure on the Defense.

I'm expecting this formation against Denver quite a bit. Atlanta did something similar and destroyed the Broncos' LBs.

At the very least, Lewis should've been in the backfield during that GTG series near the end of the first half. Running White into the teeth of the defense on first down was a loser from the get-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes