PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Put An End To the Maroney Madness(X3 Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Honestly, can we now all agree that Maroney is NOT the answer as an every down ba

Dude, you are so wrong! It doesn't matter how many points you score...all that matters is that your offense divides up touches based on the round the player was drafted. Otherwise, why even have a draft at all? Madness I tell you, madness!

I mean the Steelers know that Maroney is horrible and didn't pay any attention to him at all. Unless you count the play action that allowed Moss to get 20 yards behind the safeties for a touchdown. But that play was only worth 1 touchdown which barely countered the 1 touchdown the Steelers scored.

Maroney has so tainted this team that other players are refusing to run forward now. Moss actually ran backwards to catch a pass. So disgusted by the thought of running, he actually threw the ball back to Brady! Despite having a horde of blockers in front of him, Brady had such distain for running that he threw the ball AGAIN! Gaffney (presumably heading for the bathroom) was actually downfield and caught the ball...and then he refused to run as well! Luckily he was already in the end zone or that could have been devastating.

So God bless danny and NSA. They are just trying to save the Patriots before the Maroney disease fully consumes them and they just throw the ball around like a game of keepaway or a Globetrotters' circle. Running is critical!!! For cardiovascular health, as well as shapely buns and thighs.

And remember...if you stop bashing Maroney, the terrorists win.

Now that is funny.

Re: Honestly, can we now all agree that Maroney is NOT the answer as an every down ba

The Maroney debate just never ends ......................

Dude, you are so wrong! It doesn't matter how many points you score...all that matters is that your offense divides up touches based on the round the player was drafted. Otherwise, why even have a draft at all? Madness I tell you, madness!

I mean the Steelers know that Maroney is horrible and didn't pay any attention to him at all. Unless you count the play action that allowed Moss to get 20 yards behind the safeties for a touchdown. But that play was only worth 1 touchdown which barely countered the 1 touchdown the Steelers scored.

Maroney has so tainted this team that other players are refusing to run forward now. Moss actually ran backwards to catch a pass. So disgusted by the thought of running, he actually threw the ball back to Brady! Despite having a horde of blockers in front of him, Brady had such distain for running that he threw the ball AGAIN! Gaffney (presumably heading for the bathroom) was actually downfield and caught the ball...and then he refused to run as well! Luckily he was already in the end zone or that could have been devastating.

So God bless danny and NSA. They are just trying to save the Patriots before the Maroney disease fully consumes them and they just throw the ball around like a game of keepaway or a Globetrotters' circle. Running is critical!!! For cardiovascular health, as well as shapely buns and thighs.

And remember...if you stop bashing Maroney, the terrorists win.

What does this have to do with the fact Maroney is a avg NFL running back that has not lived up to the hype he had when he was drafted in the first round over 31 games ago?

Maroney would have better numbers if we went to him more consistently, but it's not like Belichick doesn't know the basis of his struggle. Maroney is in the doghouse right now, that might have something to do with his struggles. Maroney won't be our feature back unless something revolutionary happens. He isn't a bust yet because he did a fine job last year. Everyone seems to be forgetting this.

That being said, I doubt we go to McFadden because he doesn't strike me as someone that would thrive with us. He just looks like Reggie Bush except a fraction stronger. He's 6 2 and 205, that's about 15 pounds lighter than we need him to be. We need a guy that can run like LenDale White, obviously not White, just a tough yardage guy.

Last edited:

Maroney would have better numbers if we went to him more consistently, but it's not like Belichick doesn't know the basis of his struggle. Maroney is in the doghouse right now, that might have something to do with his struggles. Maroney won't be our feature back unless something revolutionary happens. He isn't a bust yet because he did a fine job last year. Everyone seems to be forgetting this.

That being said, I doubt we go to McFadden because he doesn't strike me as someone that would thrive with us. He just looks like Reggie Bush except a fraction stronger. He's 6 2 and 205, that's about 15 pounds lighter than we need him to be. We need a guy that can run like LenDale White, obviously not White, just a tough yardage guy.

Welcome to Jonathan Stewart from Oregon my friend. Hopefully the pats take a look at this kid in the second round.

5'10 230 lbs. Exellent vision , speed, power and nose for the endzone. Very explosive and fully capable of running in between the tackles. I think this kid would be a perfect fit for the pats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgtsSxI6bAQ

Last edited:

Welcome to Jonathan Stewart from Oregon my friend. Hopefully the pats take a look at this kid in the second round.

5'10 230 lbs. Exellent vision , a nose for the endzone. Very explosive and fully capable of running in between the tackles. I think this kid would be a perfect fit for the pats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwSKFOfc04Q

I was eyeing Michael Bush in the last draft. He stood out to me, and he was under the radar because of his injury. I think you're right about Stewart, and I'm sure Pioli is well aware of him.

My problem with Maroney started in the playoffs last year where it looked like he went down way too easily on most of his rushes. In spots where Dillion is going down swinging or not going down Maroney is curling up in the fetal position. However, I'm not willing to totally discount Maroney's 06 season.

I was eyeing Michael Bush in the last draft. He stood out to me, and he was under the radar because of his injury. I think you're right about Stewart, and I'm sure Pioli is well aware of him.

My problem with Maroney started in the playoffs last year where it looked like he went down way too easily on most of his rushes. In spots where Dillion is going down swinging or not going down Maroney is curling up in the fetal position. However, I'm not willing to totally discount Maroney's 06 season.

I hope they take a look at this kid. If we could pick him up in the second round I think he could be a real gem.

What does this have to do with the fact Maroney is a avg NFL running back that has not lived up to the hype he had when he was drafted in the first round over 31 games ago?

Average? That is being kind of generous isn't it? His inept rushing ability has forced the Patriots to pass constantly. The Pats are completely unprepared for the snow, rain, sleet, hail, smog and locusts that will soon descend on Foxboro. Have you ever tried to throw downfield through a plague of airborne pests? It ain't easy!

The Pats obviously want to give him the ball 20-25 times but he is such a disappointment that they can barely stomach giving him 10 touches. Since we know the Pats wouldn't call for Maroney to just run over the guards and in the A gap, Maroney must be deliberately ignoring the plays that are called. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get suspended if he keeps this up.

The point isn't whether he is a bust...it is how historic of a bust he will turn out to be. The Pats are scraping by so far, but it is only a matter of time before a blueprint or some other colored print (maybe even plaid) takes the Patriots down. I only hope the Patriots don't end up moving to LA as a result.

Average? That is being kind of generous isn't it? His inept rushing ability has forced the Patriots to pass constantly. The Pats are completely unprepared for the snow, rain, sleet, hail, smog and locusts that will soon descend on Foxboro. Have you ever tried to throw downfield through a plague of airborne pests? It ain't easy!

The Pats obviously want to give him the ball 20-25 times but he is such a disappointment that they can barely stomach giving him 10 touches. Since we know the Pats wouldn't call for Maroney to just run over the guards and in the A gap, Maroney must be deliberately ignoring the plays that are called. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get suspended if he keeps this up.

The point isn't whether he is a bust...it is how historic of a bust he will turn out to be. The Pats are scraping by so far, but it is only a matter of time before a blueprint or some other colored print (maybe even plaid) takes the Patriots down. I only hope the Patriots don't end up moving to LA as a result.

I agree with you about Maroney. The blueprint thing? Not so much.

Last edited:

I agree with you about Maroney. The blueprint thing? Not so much.

wait...you agree with him?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wait...you agree with him?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hahah are you serious? You cant be? I hope not, haha!

Its called sarcasm buddy, look into it.

5'10 230 lbs. Exellent vision , speed, power and nose for the endzone. Very explosive and fully capable of running in between the tackles. I think this kid would be a perfect fit for the pats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgtsSxI6bAQ

What about Jacob Hester from LSU?

6-0, 224, plays RB and FB, runs, blocks, catches, ST ace ... A real Blue-Collar/Lunchpail guy.

Maroney was playing football with an injury so bad that it required surgery and a rehabilitation period that extended essentially all the way through training camp. You do realize that he had to have shoulder surgery, right? A running back was trying to play through a shoulder injury. To hold that against him is ludicrous.

Then again, pretty much all of the anti-Maroney arguments and complaints have been ludicrous, so why should this be any different?

What about Jacob Hester from LSU?

6-0, 224, plays RB and FB, runs, blocks, catches, ST ace ... A real Blue-Collar/Lunchpail guy.

He looks good to. I think Stewart has the size and speed to be just what the doctor ordered.

Maroney running poorly and missing tacklers

According to Felger's report card today:

RUNNING BACKS -- B-

"Kevin Faulk [stats]’s blocking is the only reason this grade is as high as it is. Otherwise, it’s hard to blame the Pats for not even attempting to feign a running game given the way Laurence Maroney is playing. When the second-year running back picks up a scant 18 yards on eight rushes, with 10 of those yards coming when he was carried about 5 yards downfield amid a sea of linemen in the first quarter, you can see why the coaches want the ball in Brady’s hands. After Maroney carried for no gain on two consecutive series in the second quarter, Bill Belichick had seen enough. There wasn’t another Patriots handoff until the 2:49 mark of the fourth quarter. Maroney also continues to struggle badly in blitz pickup. On the Pats’ first play after the Steelers closed the gap to 14-10 in the second quarter, Maroney missed blitzing linebacker James Farrior and Brady was hit to the ground while his pass sailed incomplete. Maroney also missed safety Tyrone Carter on the next series on another Brady incompletion."

I guess the Maroney PR team will write this off as saying Felger is a HATER. However, it is becoming more and more obvious to anyone with a clue that the main reason this kid doesn't play more is the simple fact that he just isn't that good in any facet of the game(running, blocking, or receiving).

Last edited:
Re: Maroney running poorly and missing tacklers

Felger is a hater.

Your point is already flawed.

Felger also called Moss a dog two weeks ago.

So whats your point going to be now?

According to Felger's report card today:

RUNNING BACKS -- B-

"Kevin Faulk [stats]’s blocking is the only reason this grade is as high as it is. Otherwise, it’s hard to blame the Pats for not even attempting to feign a running game given the way Laurence Maroney is playing. When the second-year running back picks up a scant 18 yards on eight rushes, with 10 of those yards coming when he was carried about 5 yards downfield amid a sea of linemen in the first quarter, you can see why the coaches want the ball in Brady’s hands. After Maroney carried for no gain on two consecutive series in the second quarter, Bill Belichick had seen enough. There wasn’t another Patriots handoff until the 2:49 mark of the fourth quarter. Maroney also continues to struggle badly in blitz pickup. On the Pats’ first play after the Steelers closed the gap to 14-10 in the second quarter, Maroney missed blitzing linebacker James Farrior and Brady was hit to the ground while his pass sailed incomplete. Maroney also missed safety Tyrone Carter on the next series on another Brady incompletion."

I guess the Maroney PR team will write this off as saying Felger is a HATER. However, it is becoming more and more obvious to anyone with a clue that the main reason this kid doesn't play more is the simple fact that he just isn't that good in any facet of the game(running, blocking, or receiving).

Carries by Laurence Maroney - 8

Carries by other NE backs -- 0

Running was not intended to be a large part of the gameplan, obviously. If this was solely a Maroney problem, it stands to reason that someone else, say Faulk, would have received a carry. They did not.

NSA, while agree with your point 80% of the posters here immediately invalidate any argument if the word "Felger" is in it.

make-it-stop.jpg

The fact that you are using Felger to support your own misguided agenda further diminishes you in the eyes of most on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News