PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Put An End To the Maroney Madness(X3 Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Honestly, can we now all agree that Maroney is NOT the answer as an every down ba

And my word, Maroney's detractors have resorted to calling him "SloMo"?

It's good to know you're arguing against 12-year-olds.

Re: Honestly, can we now all agree that Maroney is NOT the answer as an every down ba

There goes your lack of reading comprehension again. I never said that people who do not think Maroney is a good back should be gone from posting.

Unlike you, I understand that not all rectangles are squares, but that all squares are rectangles.

Yet you cant understand SloMo is a avg back whu could be found in the later rounds of any draft.

I'll make a deal with you DaBruinz. Because I am 100% confident that SLoMo will NOT break a run of at least 20 yards this season(even though he faces the Jets and Dolphins still), how about we make this agreement. If he DOES break a run for longer than 20 yards, than I will NOT post on this message board for 2 weeks. If he does NOT break one for at least 20 yards, than you do the same. Deal? If you can't make that deal, than what does that say about our boy SLoMo that you have no faith in him to break a 20 yarder against the lowly Jets and Dolphins?

Last edited:

And my word, Maroney's detractors have resorted to calling him "SloMo"?

It's good to know you're arguing against 12-year-olds.

Unlike da bruinz who calls people idiots, morons and imbaciles. People call LoMo SloMo because he runs in slow motion on the line!!!

Would you like to make a bet? If I posted here longer then my s/n suggests I will delete my account. If I did not you do the same?

DEAL?

That can't possibly be true. After all, you liked Barber more than Maroney. How could you possibly have discussed that if you weren't posting in 2005? After all, that's when Barber was drafted.

I don't follow. Following this line of reasoning, Matt Cassell should be able to step in for an injured Tom Brady - must be because Brady stayed in that game.

Jbbs - Could you rephrase because your statement doesn't make sense?

Should the Pats have pulled Brady? Yep. I believe they should have. And they should have pulled Moss and Stallworth and gone with Washington and Gaffney.

However, the starting depth behind Brady is a tad better than the Starting depth behind Maroney.

I am sure that BB doesn't want a rehash of 2005 where we had to endure Mike Cloud and "Famous" Amos Zereoue.

My god I was not being sarcastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You got me Jack :rolleyes:

Wait, so you weren't being sarcastic? So you're admitting that you really didn't know that two isn't 75 percent of three?

Is this like your "second down running back" typo? Seriously, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Last edited:

That can't possibly be true. After all, you liked Barber more than Maroney. How could you possibly have discussed that if you weren't posting in 2005? After all, that's when Barber was drafted.

You asked me how I felt. Apparently I had no opinion on the topic back in 05 since I did not post it here :rolleyes:

Halarious how serious you take this website. SloMo is a avg nfl back who so far is a bust.

Deal with it.

Last edited:

Unlike da bruinz who calls people idiots, morons and imbaciles. People call LoMo SloMo because he runs in slow motion on the line!!!

Huh.

Well I suppose if he were running in "fast motion" we could expect him to average 8.6 YPC.

Calling the featured running back of an undefeated team that some poster claim to be fans of names, is the sign that their arguments don't hold water and just collapses facing the facts people keep throwing at them.

it's a just a low for the Pats fandome.

I think if you're running draws out of the Shotgun and you've passed on nine consecutive plays, a guy like Maroney averaging 3.5 yards when he touches the ball is not terribly impressive, and certainly not comparable to a player who averages 3.3 yards throwing his body at the LOS for 60 minutes off 25 carries.

You don't seem to understand what you're talking about here, sorry. The Patriots aren't usually running Maroney on draw plays, and the defenses aren't generally thinking pass first when he's in there. The Patriots usually run the ball when Maroney's in the game, and they usually come out in an obvious running formation. This is the reason the playaction pass to Moss worked so well.

Wait, so you weren't being sarcastic? So you're admitting that you really didn't know that two isn't 75 percent of three?

Is this like your "second down running back" typo? Seriously, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Rightttttt over your headddddddddd

Back on topic jack. Tell us why Maroney is not a avg NFL running back comparable to the udfa jag Kenton Kieth.

DaBruinz, give the keyboard rest. Good lord. You are going on almost 9000 posts, LOL! Good lord. Get out of the house once in awhile. Open up the blinds. Get some sun. Save some energy, as I'm sure Maroney will need your excuses again this week when he give us some more of his customary sorry arse play.:D

How do you know when someone has lost an argument? They resort to idiocy about post counts.

NSA, I've been on this board almost 3 years. I don't have nearly as many posts as some others.

I don't offer excuses. I offer fact. Fact that you pathetically attempt to deny.

You asked me how I felt. Apparently I had no opinion on the topic back in 05 since I did not post it here :rolleyes:

Halarious how serious you take this website. SloMo is a avg nfl back who so far is a bust.

Deal with it.

It's unreal the depths to which the Maroney fan club will sink itself to try and salvage the sorry arse career of their boy thus far. I for one cannot wait until the draft when we draft a running back somewhere in rd 1, 2, or 3. I can't wait to see the excuses after that.:rolleyes:

How do you know when someone has lost an argument? They resort to idiocy about post counts.

NSA, I've been on this board almost 3 years. I don't have nearly as many posts as some others.

I don't offer excuses. I offer fact. Fact that you pathetically attempt to deny.

Like calling people idiots and morons. Good one da excuses!

I for one cannot wait until the draft when we draft a running back somewhere in rd 1, 2, or 3. I can't wait to see the excuses after that.:rolleyes:

You are going to be waiting a long time if you are waiting for round one. 2 or 3 maybe.

Lost an argument? LOL! I just find it hilarious that you waste every hour of your day trying to defend your boy Maroney. I didn't post on this site for almost a week and I come back and here you are again all bent out of shape defending the sorry arse play of your boy SLoMo. Don't forget to send him some cookies for the holiday's. :D

Last edited:

Like calling people idiots and morons. Good one da excuses!

LOL! Love that. That's his new name DaExcuses!:D

You are going to be waiting a long time if you are waiting for round one. 2 or 3 maybe.

J Stewart from Oregon. 5'10 230 lbs. Explosive player with great vision.

Second round. Hope and Pray.

I never said he was. I said I liked him better!!!!! When we drafted Maroney I said Barber was a better runner watching them both run at minn. Not that I wished we drafted barber over Maroney.

Taking my posts out of context again I see. The original reply I made was after dues said he would love to see what I thought of Bush.

I thought he was overrated , just like Maroney.

Maroney is a avg back. Plain and simple.

*ROFLMAO* No. Its just another case of you not actually saying what you mean. Comes from that reading comprehension issue you have.

When you say "I didn't want him. I liked Barber better," in normal english that implies you'd have rather the Pats take Barber over Maroney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back