PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Let's Go Red Sox!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to slagathor you are not worthy of being a Patriots fan as you support other teams who don't play football!

He's very worthy because he is wise enough to see that specific discussions all have a place on this board.

I would think that as moderator, the TITLE of this thread would've been reason enough for you to move it to the baseball forum. You could have predicted in advance the ultimate course it would take by virtue of its very placement in the football forum -- especially considering that there is a baseball game happening tonight!

There is nothing at all "ironic" about my knowing about Boston baseball; in fact, as a football fan dedicated to following the Patriots, it is practically impossible to avoid. THAT IS THE POINT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE HERE.

Patchick, if I was on an "anti-baseball crusade," as you so cutely put it, you'd find me posting in the baseball forum. This thread has nothing to do with Patriots football, it has to do with a baseball chant at a football game. It is yet another example of encroachment by arrogant, ubiquitous Boston baseball culture into yet another area where it does not belong and truly is not welcome -- by the Patriots players and many of their fans. If you can't see this for what it is, you need to Windex your spectacles.

it has to do with a baseball chant at a football game. It is yet another example of encroachment by arrogant, ubiquitous Boston baseball culture into yet another area where it does not belong and truly is not welcome

I disagree. The Original Poster was ticked off because Boston fans decided to chant a Lets go Red Sox chant after the Pats won by 21 points.

God Forbid Boston fans actually support the other 3 franchises in town

I disagree. The Original Poster was ticked off because Boston fans decided to chant a Lets go Red Sox chant after the Pats won by 21 points.

God Forbid Boston fans actually support the other 3 franchises in town

The mindlessness of this is beginning to frighten me. First of all, the original poster was praising the chant. Secondly, the game was in Dallas. So, how was a baseball chant supposed to affect football fans in a city whose baseball team didn't even make the playoffs? And finally, it's been well established that Patriots players hate hearing cheering/chanting for Boston's baseball team at their games. It was just plain stupid.

The mindlessness of this is beginning to frighten me. First of all, the original poster was praising the chant. Secondly, the game was in Dallas. So, how was a baseball chant supposed to affect football fans in a city whose baseball team didn't even make the playoffs? And finally, it's been well established that Patriots players hate hearing cheering/chanting for Boston's baseball team at their games. It was just plain stupid.

I was wrong about the original poster. You were right calling me out on that.

The Pats players haven't made a comment in years about the Sox. I think it was 2003 or 2004 when Seymour made a statement.

If the Pats players hate the media ball washing that the Sox receive why did Larry Izzo start a Yankees suck chant at the Super Bowl gathering in Government Center in February of 2002?

I love the Red Sox but they couldn't hold the Pats jockstraps. The Red Sox win because they buy everything and have enough money to make stupid mistakes (JD Drew anyone?) and not get hurt by them.

The Pats win because they are brilliant and they do so on the even playing field of the salary cap.

It was trendy buying Pats Season tickets in 1992? The Pats went 1-15 in 1991.

The "I kind of like them" post I made was sarcasm. You are one of the reasons I don't post here very often.

I thought you didn't post here often because your buttbuddies at JetNation don't let you out on weeknights. ;)

I'm a better Patriots fan than you by a longshot.

I don't just "kind of like them".

Lemme guess, you bought Celtics season tickets too this year. Just as trendy as it was buying the Pats tickets in 1992.

As far as coming down to see you, I'll just wait till after halftime at any game I go to. You'll be gone since it'll be imore mportant that you beat the traffic and I'll just take your seats.

Pasionate fans. Gotta love 'em
great quote... yeah, beat the traffic, losers.

Thanks, I've obviously been online and didn't know it was over.

Was that supposed to hurt me?

yo porto bello, if you are such a fan, why smack your gums here, when you coulda watched the game?
bandwagon piece o sh!t

The irony is, you obviously follow the Red Sox and know a lot about their players, management and ownership -- which I don't. I haven't watched a baseball game in years. Which is why the occasional stray mention of baseball doesn't bother me any more than any other off-topic item. Because baseball isn't important to me.

If this were really about keeping the board "pure," I wouldn't mind...but it's not. Statements like "the sooner we get Boston baseball culture put in its rightful place, the better" show that it's something else. It's an anti-baseball crusade, which is off-topic in a football forum. Baseball talk is off-topic (and has its own forum); political talk is off-topic (and has its own forum); cheerleader photo spread talk is off-topic (and has its own forum). And anti-baseball rants are off-topic too.

It becomes a problem when a thread like this one, which was about something that happened at a Patriots game, attracts the inevitable venom and devolves into yet another pro/anti-baseball pissing contest. (Wouldn't a discussion about the atmosphere in the stands late in the game have been better?) So how about this: I promise to move any threads I see that are actually about baseball. But can everybody try to restrain themselves and not take the mere passing mention of the Red Sox as a call to arms?

great post

I used to get into a wad over the Red Sox but I've come to realize that they are a part of *life* here, and you would have to be compartmentalized to not see it or enjoy it, even if you don't sit there and watch it.

In fact, I'll throw in a vote of admiration for Tito Francona for the job he did managing them this year. With a far different personality than Bill's he did basically the same thing Bill would do in managing a lot of injuries and unbelievable fan and media pressure to play guys that he felt should be rested and held out.

And he ended up being right. That took balls. Big big balls.

They are intense athletes too. I don't really care about them much, but still, I can recognize that they're pretty damned good at what they do. And they are the region's team. If you go up to Maine you'll find rabid Sox fans all over the place.

I see nothing wrong with fans crossing over to support each others' teams. I don't have a lot of patience with this "football is the only sport" mentality. Bill Belichick doesn't feel that way. He and Tito are friends. It's pissant fans that pretend that baseball is evil.

Well, OK, it's a little evil. Hehehee.
hope you are kidding, because francona did a terrible job this year.

I love the Red Sox but they couldn't hold the Pats jockstraps. The Red Sox win because they buy everything and have enough money to make stupid mistakes (JD Drew anyone?) and not get hurt by them.

The Pats win because they are brilliant and they do so on the even playing field of the salary cap.
dice-k anyone? gabbard for gagne anyone? theo is the biggest bonehead in boston history.

Updated: October 15, 2007, 10:16 PM ET
CLEVELAND -- David Ortiz almost quit the ALCS between Boston and Cleveland due to an injured knee, the Dominican slugger told ESPNdeportes.com on Monday. "After Saturday's game, my right knee was so swollen that I feared I wouldn't play again for the rest of the series," Ortiz said before Game 3 on Monday night at Jacobs Field in Cleveland.

"When one has been playing this game for a long time, you learn to deal with pain," Ortiz said. "This is no time for crying. But I really want this season to be over to undergo knee surgery."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playof...ory?id=3065339

"When one has been playing this game for a long time, you learn to deal with pain," Ortiz said. "This is no time for crying. But I really want this season to be over to undergo knee surgery."

With this self-indictment from one of their own, I rest my case.

Now, madam moderator, can this thread finally be moved to the baseball forum?

Last edited:
I was wrong about the original poster. You were right calling me out on that.

The Pats players haven't made a comment in years about the Sox. I think it was 2003 or 2004 when Seymour made a statement.

If the Pats players hate the media ball washing that the Sox receive why did Larry Izzo start a Yankees suck chant at the Super Bowl gathering in Government Center in February of 2002?

They've made other comments subsequent to Seymour's, and he wasn't the only one -- also Vrabel, Bruschi and Tom Brady have expressed irritation over this issue. They're team captains and team spokesmen.

Izzo was a moron to do that. And the whole "Yankees suck" thing is below moronic.

Last edited:
They showed Derek Lowe getting the final out on the scoreboard. Were you at the beer stand or taking a leak when that happened?

Who in this day and age brings a radio to the game?

I was at the final regular season game of the Red Sox in 2005 against the Yankees - - in the Green Monster seats (my friend - a Yankee fan whose wife got him the tickets for his birthday).

Fenway was going crazy that day as the Sox clinched the wild card.

I was bumming out, listening to the Pats lose to the Chargers game on my radio earphones.

At no time did I feel it appropriate to idiotically chant "Let's Go Patriots".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News