PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Let's Go Red Sox!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porco Rosso

On the Roster
Reaction score
I can't have been the only one who heard this in the last 5 seconds of the Dallas game as the clock was running down. It came right before the cheer when the game ended and it seemed shockingly loud.

How friggin' demoralizing for their players, we should've just planted a flag on the star.
Of course I loved every bit of it.

Before every anti-Red Sox poster starts to pile on, let me make a few things clear. The chant originated from the left side of the visiters side of the stadium. Most Cowboys fans were gone, we had been clapping the team for about five minutes straight, all the players were fired up and congratulating each other, the chant lasted about 10 seconds.... Harmless. "Un-de-feat-ed!" chants were a lot more popular, albeit a bit sporadic.

Before every anti-Red Sox poster starts to pile on, let me make a few things clear. The chant originated from the left side of the visiters side of the stadium. Most Cowboys fans were gone, we had been clapping the team for about five minutes straight, all the players were fired up and congratulating each other, the chant lasted about 10 seconds.... Harmless. "Un-de-feat-ed!" chants were a lot more popular, albeit a bit sporadic.

I don’t want to pile on (as you say). But I really don’t understand that chant. Why in the world would the Patriots want to hear that chant? All it does is give the argument that this is a football bandwagon or frontrunner town more ammunition.

I heard it and I thought it was ridiculous…not to mention disrespectful to the Patriots.

Last edited:
I don’t want to pile on (as you say). But I really don’t understand that chant. Why in the world would the Patriots want to hear that chant? All it does is give the argument that this is a football bandwagon or frontrunner town more ammunition.

I heard it and I thought it was ridiculous…not to mention disrespectful to the Patriots.

Abso-freaking-lutely! Why would the Patriots want to hear that? Why would Patriots fans want to chant that at a football game? Stupid, stupid, stoooooopid!

I have no problem "piling on." The sooner we get Boston baseball culture put in its rightful place, the better.

NOW HEAR THIS: DO NOT CHEER FOR THE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES AT PATRIOTS FOOTBALL GAMES. NO MORE, NADA, ZILCH, STOP! THE PATRIOTS PLAYERS DO NOT LIKE IT, IT IS IRRELEVANT TO THEM AND MORE THAN A BIT INSULTING. SHUT YOUR MOUTH OR GO AWAY.

I'm piling on, just like I did in an earlier thread about this. Why would we want to cheer on the Red Sox at a Patriots road game where they just put their bodies on the line and won big? It was their moment...the Red Sox had nothing to do w/it. (I'm no Sox hater either.) I don't mean to insult the awesome fans that were there and clearly cheered on the Pats w/all their hearts. They did an awesome job. I just don't get the need for the Sox chant in that situation.

This message is hidden because Tunescribe is on your ignore list.
What a f.cking surprise that this psychopath would rush to chime in. Do you have an alarm on your computer that goes off whenever someone mentions the Red Sox?

obsession.jpg

What a f.cking surprise that this psychopath would rush to chime in. Do you have an alarm on your computer that goes off whenever someone mentions the Red Sox?

obsession.jpg

Please do us all a favor, and take your baseball obsession elsewhere. Really. This has the makings of an historic season for the Patriots, let's not soil it with your nonsense.

Last edited:
Point being that Patriots PLAYERS have commented negatively on Red Sox obsession at their games, e.g. Seymour.

I wish the Sox the best but render unto Belichick that which is Belichicks and have no false gods before him.

obsession.jpg

Though you try, it seems you just can't ignore him.

Lets go sox! Dice K gotta pitch a good game tonight.

Let's get Gagne in there again!

Lets go sox! Dice K gotta pitch a good game tonight.

Yeah, and the Wayland Ladies' Auxiliary Croquet Team has its season-ending tourney championship this coming weekend. Go WayLadies!

Abso-freaking-lutely! Why would the Patriots want to hear that? Why would Patriots fans want to chant that at a football game? Stupid, stupid, stoooooopid!

I have no problem "piling on." The sooner we get Boston baseball culture put in its rightful place, the better.

NOW HEAR THIS: DO NOT CHEER FOR THE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES AT PATRIOTS FOOTBALL GAMES. NO MORE, NADA, ZILCH, STOP! THE PATRIOTS PLAYERS DO NOT LIKE IT, IT IS IRRELEVANT TO THEM AND MORE THAN A BIT INSULTING. SHUT YOUR MOUTH OR GO AWAY.

I am Slagathor and I approve this message.:rocker:

OK let's see if at the next Red Sox game at Fenway, if there is one, the crowd erupts in "let's go Patriots".

How many times has that happened?*

* The answer question is ZERO

I remember opening day 2002, when just about every Patriot came to Fenway to throw out the first pitch. For those unfamiliar with Baseball, getting to do that at all is an honor, and opening day is especially important; but of course that particular group of Pats had just won SB 36 two months earlier. Some of you people must have been furious at them for betraying you like that.

Edit: Something like 45 of the Pats showed up, the Sox actually had to bus minor league players up so every 'pitcher' had his own 'catcher.'

Last edited:
Let’s put a stop to the ******ed Yankees suck chants at Gillette Stadium while we’re at it.

Baseball is just a sport to pass the time until football season arrives!

Web-admin... Please move this ridiculous thread over to the baseball section.

Last edited:
OK let's see if at the next Red Sox game at Fenway, if there is one, the crowd erupts in "let's go Patriots".

How many times has that happened?*

* The answer question is ZERO

You know what's funny? In a recent piece by Dan Shaughnessy about an impressive win by a certain local baseball team, what was the only way he could think up to describe their dominance? By comparing them to the Patriots! Almost fell out of my chair! It turns out that his constant baseball analogies in football columns were symptoms of something deeper than baseball obsession...he has a deadly addiction to tortured analogies. It's like a verbal tic, he can't help himself.

(BTW, anybody find it ironic that the Patriots have been the team drenched in drama and controversy for the past year or so? Vinatieri's defection, the Branch fiasco with all the tampering allegations and special masters, the San Diego "classless" whines, the epic collapse in the AFCCG, the tragic death of a player, Asante's holdout, Rodney's suspension, then of course the vast circus that is cameragate. Meanwhile Tunescribe's beloved "Deperate Housewives" have been quiet and peaceful. Go figure.)

You know what's funny? In a recent piece by Dan Shaughnessy about an impressive win by a certain local baseball team, what was the only way he could think up to describe their dominance? By comparing them to the Patriots! Almost fell out of my chair! It turns out that his constant baseball analogies in football columns were symptoms of something deeper than baseball obsession...he has a deadly addiction to tortured analogies. It's like a verbal tic, he can't help himself.

(BTW, anybody find it ironic that the Patriots have been the team drenched in drama and controversy for the past year or so? Vinatieri's defection, the Branch fiasco with all the tampering allegations and special masters, the San Diego "classless" whines, the epic collapse in the AFCCG, the tragic death of a player, Asante's holdout, Rodney's suspension, then of course the vast circus that is cameragate. Meanwhile Tunescribe's beloved "Deperate Housewives" have been quiet and peaceful. Go figure.)

If I were you I'd get a restraing order on Tune immediatly. His head might explode upon reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes