PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let me tell you about Shaq Mason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thoroughly recommend it - I'm always staggered by the amount of work Grid puts in. But please don't forget the Draft forum too, the more the merrier over there.

Thanks for the always gracious Words, Brother Manx. :cool:

And for those who aren't aware of it: Please do keep close tabs on the Draft Forum: Brother Manx and I take different Approaches to the Draft that I think he'd agree make our Contributions perfectly symbiotic:

* I study all Year long and generally crank out detailed Scouting Reports in March and April.

* But Manx also studies all Year long and he actually produces all Year long, providing intensely RealTime Hot Off The Presses Flashes and SnapShots 12 Months a Year...More importantly, though ~ you have my permission to blush, Brother Manx ;) ~ his Eye for Talent is tremendous. Anyone can Cut & Paste Information, but Brother Manx adds outstanding Value, I believe, imparting excellent Analysis as well.

MayoClinic is a Legend thereabouts and quite deservedly so, though we don't see him as much these days, but there are many tremendous Contributors who render that Forum delicious reading all Year long.

Thanks for the always gracious Words, Brother Manx. :cool:

And for those who aren't aware of it: Please do keep close tabs on the Draft Forum: Brother Manx and I take different Approaches to the Draft that I think he'd agree make our Contributions perfectly symbiotic:

* I study all Year long and generally crank out detailed Scouting Reports in March and April.

* But Manx also studies all Year long and he actually produces all Year long, providing intensely RealTime Hot Off The Presses Flashes and SnapShots 12 Months a Year...More importantly, though ~ you have my permission to blush, Brother Manx ;) ~ his Eye for Talent is tremendous. Anyone can Cut & Paste Information, but Brother Manx adds outstanding Value, I believe, imparting excellent Analysis as well.

MayoClinic is a Legend thereabouts and quite deservedly so, though we don't see him as much these days, but there are many tremendous Contributors who render that Forum delicious reading all Year long.

I appreciate the kind words Grid.

I miss having the time to hang out on the draft board. It's so fun getting hyped up about players in the 1st and 2nd round that we never have a shot at! :D

I miss having the time to hang out on the draft board. It's so fun getting hyped up about players in the 1st and 2nd round that we never have a shot at! :D

From a pure draftnik perspective only, it would be nice to be the fan of a really consistently bad team and be able to shop in that store. But I'm not ready to swap an exciting Jan-April for a miserable rest of the year.

The pre-draft Draftnik gurus had Tre Jackson as the top rated Guard in the Draft.

If they rated Shaq Mason at all, they said "...good college lid. Just too small and can't pass block in the pros..."

Now Shaq has become a rookie of the year candidate; and Tre Jackson still looks like a talented but raw rookie.

BB just is one of the best at talent evaluation. The Pats may draft a big LOT candidate to groom but likely the skill positions beckon more. Meanwhile Adriain Waddle has the look of a good big swing Left tackle. Its time to give Brady some help in his dotage...
He is only a roy candidate in your dreams, not that he has been bad but these awards are 50% narrative and it's hard to get a narrative going for an olineman

For those that don't read the draft forum, I'd highly recommend it. MayoClinic, Manx, and OTG are the heavyweights, but there are plenty of posters that pop up and provide useful input and discussion.

To be frank, the draft forum is a must visit beginning in Feb...barring the next Goodellian OBJ job.

Where is the Draft Forum? I don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe