Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lerner mentions Caserio as possible GM candidate

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Ohio.com - Lerner defends sequence of hiring

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Nick Caserio
    Charley Casserly
    Matt Cassel

A lot of Cas- being posted about this offseason.
  3. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +59 / 2 / -0

I'm not sure how seriously I take this. Lerner may have realized just how desparately he needs to show that there's some interest in the GM job other than Kokinis.

Lerner's just now realizing what was apparent to EVERYONE else... That there was no need to move so quickly to first hire a head coach that NO ONE else was even interested in interviewing.

Once that happened everyone assumed that hiring Kokinis was a "done deal' since its vital that a head coach and GM be on the smae page - everyone including Kokinis who is probably a smarter businessman than Lerner as he's likely figured out he holds all the cards in contract negotiations, and that "done deal" might be a much more expensive deal than Lerner expected.

So what's Lerner doing? Throwing out names to 1.) do anything he can to stop Kokinis from requiring $100 million and having Mangini name his next son "Kokinis" and 2.) Making it seem like Kokinis wasn't the sole tailored match for his genius of a head coach

Of course, he can't put the genie back in the bottle, and this isn't going to fool anyone. I'm sure SOMEONE will eventually take the position, but it might not be that perfect match with the coach and Lerner's looking pretty damn stupid right now.

I feel sorry for Browns fans.
  4. vyrago

vyrago Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -0

''I'm talking to more people and scouring around more stones..." Lerner

Say what?

I picture him on his hands and knees with a can of Comet and a scrubby, but I can't finish the metaphor. What are stones in his construct and why are they in a dirty place that he has to clean?
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +436 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

This is why Pioli needs to sh!t or get off the pot and make a decision. If he stays - great. But if he's leaving he needs to leave so Belichick can promote whoever he wants to replace him - or at least promote however he will, maybe no one person would fully replace him. Regardless, if Cassario were promoted here he may not leave if given the chance but right now we're being held up.
  6. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +838 / 5 / -3

I can't see Caserio going to Cleveland. Belichick and Pioli fast tracked this guy's career. I can't see him stabbing them in the back and taking a job with Mangini.
  7. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

What a sad owner
  8. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +59 / 2 / -0

Browns fans think they needed to move fast to put a head coach in place so he could get all of his assistants in place before THEY're snatched up too.

The only problem is that assumes anyone else had the slightest interest in Mangini - and they didn't

And it also assumes that the Assistant Coaches from the teams that didn't make the playoffs are actually in higher demand than the assistants from playoff teams - for whom one would have to at least be a little patient to talk to.

I feel sorry for them - they're really having to rationalize why all these stupid football moves are being made.
  9. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +224 / 20 / -10

Kokinis might be of interest to Belichick, if Pioli goes. If I were Kokinis, I'd be delaying to see what happens.

That is maybe what is going on.
  10. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0

its frustrating to see almost everyone in the pats organization named for jobs elsewhere except BB. Plus lerner doesnt know how to keep his mouth shut and do what he whats to do. he just keep throwing out names sparking more rumors
  11. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0

it will be someone from inside. Bb wont bring anyone from outside, just keep the continuity with the scouts and the organization etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.