PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Left Tackle

I guess you could try the draft and if nothing pans out you always try chuks at LT.

Chuk-strange-andrews-sow-onwenu

Ideally you want onwenu at g but theres some flexibility here.

Sign Humphries.

He hasn’t yet proven he’s “Mr. Inside” either…
Every timeI think of Strange playing LT i have flashbacks of him getting mauled to death by Travis Jones in the Senior Bowl practice. Functional strength is real in the NFL.

Sow has everything you want. Aside from Gonzales he was the best Patriots pick last season. Lit up the PFF charts and continuously got better as the season went on. That’s what you want to see from a rookie, Now I want to see him take it to the next level and challenge Strange for the LG spot.

QB in round 1, LT in round 2, and then 2 or 3 WR sprinkled through the draft, and hope that one of those 3 is a surprise star.
Before that, sign a middling LT and WR (that's what is left), and a CB (would love Gilmore as a mentor for all the youngsters in the backfield).

So the top of the roster comes through the draft, and the middle of the roster through retention and FA's.

Sow has everything you want. Aside from Gonzales he was the best Patriots pick last season. Lit up the PFF charts and continuously got better as the season went on. That’s what you want to see from a rookie, Now I want to see him take it to the next level and challenge Strange for the LG spot.
Hmmm, I thought Keion Jones had a better rookie season than Barmore did. Guy was a terror. But Sow was pretty decent

Throw a bunch of money at Tyron Smith and take a tackle in the first few rounds.
Fair statement Cousin.
DW Toys

Or Charles Leno

Last edited:
One of our best LTs was a 5th round pick

Jonah Williams off the board. Don't think he was an ideal answer at LT or even RT, but would have been a fine stop gap.

Wonder if the Bengals will sign Trent Brown, with the idea of him playing RT.

I'm stumped...
I know he doesn't mean Ryan O'Callahan but if he is referring to Marcus Cannon, the reason he dropped was the diagnosis of Non Hodgkins lymphoma before the draft IIRC. He was a higher value pick at the 5th round.
EDIT- wasn't he a RT? mea culpa

I know he doesn't mean Ryan O'Callahan but if he is referring to Marcus Cannon, the reason he dropped was the diagnosis of Non Hodgkins lymphoma before the draft IIRC. He was a higher value pick at the 5th round.
EDIT- wasn't he a RT? mea culpa
yeah both were right tackles

think David Bakhtari is worth a look see? i know he's spent a lot of time on the IR over the past few seasons, but he was kicked loose in green bay... will be 33 this season... some nice dollars might reel him in... or is this just another Beau Allen set up - pay the man and he never plays type scenario?

Tyron Smith and David Bakhtiari both good when healthy but will definitely miss games.
Maybe take a flier on Mekhi Becton. There was a reason he was selected 11 overall.
More of a right tackle but Yosh Nijman was pretty good a couple years ago but not so much last year

think David Bakhtari is worth a look see? i know he's spent a lot of time on the IR over the past few seasons, but he was kicked loose in green bay... will be 33 this season... some nice dollars might reel him in... or is this just another Beau Allen set up - pay the man and he never plays type scenario?
I think he's toast at this point. Can't stay healthy and then there was the rumors he doesn't want to play on artificial turf. I assume he either retires or heads to the Jets unless Vice President Rodgers decides to hit the campaign trail.

Last edited:
yeah both were right tackles
I think of Leon Gray as a premier Pats left tackle but he was a 3rd round pick of the Dolphins.... Matt Light and Nate Solder were high draft picks 1st/2nd rounds...

I think of Leon Gray as a premier Pats left tackle but he was a 3rd round pick of the Dolphins.... Matt Light and Nate Solder were high draft picks 1st/2nd rounds...
this is one wicked pissah of a question i tell you...

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back