PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Leave it to Dungy

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's always the same two guys, Ladainian and Dungy, the go-to guys if you want someone to chime in.

Let's not forget Jerry Porter...Mr. Moral Compass of the NFL

trust me. I know a LOT about parenting, and i would definitely, definitely, say that Tony Dungy is a horrible father.

Have you met Dungy or his kids or witnessed them interact?

I use logic to reach the conclusion that Tony Dungy is a crappy father :)

Dungheap = Ahole

Aholes = Bad Fathers

Therefore:

Dungheap = Bad Father

See, its easy.

It's not that they're outrageous, it's that he always has an opinion and he's a coach, no one cares what he has to say about other players or teams. (See the whole Belichick/Bonds comparison from last year.) He's a hypocrite. He wants to be known as this soft-spoken, Christian, nice guy, but he's an self-righteous ugly looking prick.

You'd never hear Belichick talking about the Brett Favre situation, and you never heard Belichick complain when Dungy whined and got the rule changed in his team's favor. He just coaches his team and wins.

Perhaps someone cares. I don't. What does this have to do with the Patriots?

I'm not going to offer a phony apology for what I said about Dungy's son. I don't like the guy. If I offended anyone who has children and took offense to it, that I'm sorry for.

But if you couldn't tell by the quiet strength jab that preceded it, the comment about his son was also in jest. Off-color, perhaps, but no worse than when you hear a Colts fan say that Brady has a bastard son.

I think you're obsessed with the Colts

Try following the Pats

Who cares?

He is right anyway. He is allowed to have his opinion on this situation like everyone else seems to.

What happened to the Dungy family is a tragedy and regardless of what team you root for it is disgusting to take cheap shots at it. It is also in no way a sign of poor parenting on his part. Events like Columbine where you have kids stocking up on weaponry in Mom and Dad's garage you can sure as hell attribute to bad parenting. But the actions of an 18 year old freshman at college, I don't think so. My parents sure as hell didn't know everything I was up to (God help my Mother if they did) or everything that went on in my head at that time in my life.

I'm sure the defense will be well I'm not a Patriots fan so I shouldn't comment on this and I guess that is fine but here is what I will say to that. What do you honestly think would happen if you walked up to a man like Rodney Harrison, who bleeds Patriot Blue, and made that same crack in front of him. I honestly think at best he'd tell you your a disgrace to the fanbase and he was disgusted with you, and at the worst he'd probably knock your ass out.
I am a Patriots' fan and I dislike Dungy for many reasons, not the least of which is my belief that he is a sanctimonious, holier-than-thou dink. I even refer to him as "Jesus Dungy" on occasion. With that said, it's my belief that comments about his son and his parenting skills are a long, long way out of bounds. If Colts' fans want to make classless comments about Brady's son, that's on them. But I won't stoop that low and I don't think it makes us as Patriots' fans appear in a positive light to do so. Just my 2 cents worth...

I am a Patriots' fan and I dislike Dungy for many reasons, not the least of which is my belief that he is a sanctimonious, holier-than-thou dink. I even refer to him as "Jesus Dungy" on occasion. With that said, it's my belief that comments about his son and his parenting skills are a long, long way out of bounds. If Colts' fans want to make classless comments about Brady's son, that's on them. But I won't stoop that low and I don't think it makes us as Patriots' fans appear in a positive light to do so. Just my 2 cents worth...

Pretty much my thoughts.

Plus the guy has a right to give his opinions when asked, I don't see the reason for this thread. And I dislike him intensely.

trust me. I know a LOT about parenting, and i would definitely, definitely, say that Tony Dungy is a horrible father.

Good stuff....:D......welcome to my sig....

As for Tony, I actually wish he would keep his mouth shut sometimes....but then again, he just gave his opinion......

It could be worse though.....at least he's never been fined for "a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid long-standing rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field".:D

The fact that Pats fans care so much about what Dungy thinks about the Favre situation is laughable. The NFL has turned into the National Favre league lately.

But, wait thats not the real problem. You guys just hate him and wish he would never speak again!

Thats okay I think your coach is a disgusting sack of cheating scum. So, we are even. But, even though I feel that way I will not put down his family.

Last edited:
Hey, you guys to that side: the low comments about a member of one's family are deplorable. You guys should be ashamed!

Hey, you trolls on the other side: you have suddenly found the ability to plug your keyboard into the back of your computer? Why the sudden interest on this site?

A simple 'no comment', or 'I don't know enough to comment' from Dungy would have made a whole lot more sense from somebody who is supposed to be smart enough to manage a 53 person, multi-million dollar organization.

Last edited:
The sanctimonious hypocrite strikes again. He just can't stop being judgemental about other people. Perhaps he should worry about his own players first like Marvin before pontificating.

The fact that Pats fans care so much about what Dungy thinks about the Favre situation is laughable. The NFL has turned into the National Favre league lately.

But, wait thats not the real problem. You guys just hate him and wish he would never speak again!

Thats okay I think your coach is a disgusting sack of cheating scum. So, we are even. But, even though I feel that way I will not put down his family.

Well it seems that this topic has taken a turn for the worse....:eek:

I read the comments before they were posted here and actually thought they were quite reasonable and better than I would expect from a guy I can't abide. He's entitled to his opinion. He expressed it reasonably and in a nuanced fashion that took into account both sides of the argument. It also helps that I agree with him, I guess.

I am on the side of the Packer's FO on the issue too, but Dungy is a head coach in the NFL and more than once he tends to offer up his opinion on matters that don't concern him directly. I may be a homer, but my idea of a head coach is that of our very own BB and I can honestly say that he tends to his own matters and will never offer an opinion on a topic whether he has strong feelings on it or not for the world to see. Dungy is like the nosey neighbor that thinks they know everything that goes on and they're the self-anointed sage that will tell everyone how it should be.

Besides, opinions and assumptions are better kept within in tight circles of associates or friends because someday those very thoughts and comments could or will come back to bite you in the ***** when you least expect it.

It could be worse though.....at least he's never been fined for "a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid long-standing rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field".:D

That's because he hasn't won enough. if the Colts ever start winning multiple SB's, then Dungy's hiring of Howard Mudd (the Dean of videotaping) will come into question, as will Polian's changing the rules constantly to benefit your style of play, not to mention the well-documented piping in of noise.

You guys haven't won enough to earn anyone's jealousy, and with jealousy come the knives, and the bogus interpretation of league rules.

then Dungy's hiring of Howard Mudd (the Dean of videotaping) will come into question

Mudd doesn't tape signals. That's why he's considered one of the best, he breaks them down in his head.

Mudd doesn't tape signals. That's why he's considered one of the best, he breaks them down in his head.

yet another case of Workhouse changing around facts and making up his own info to make the Colts look better.

you did wonders when you were trying to defend Harrison too.

Everyone should just forget everything they've learned and ask the biased Colts fan what's real and what's not.

yet another case of Workhouse changing around facts and making up his own info to make the Colts look better.

you did wonders when you were trying to defend Harrison too.

Everyone should just forget everything they've learned and ask the biased Colts fan what's real and what's not.

Please show me where anyone has said that Mudd taped signals. He has been called a master of stealing them, but that is a different claim.

Btw, I am biased and you are not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference