PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Leave it to Dungy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please show me where anyone has said that Mudd taped signals. He has been called a master of stealing them, but that is a different claim.

Btw, I am biased and you are not?

so since they said "stealing" instead of "taping", in this interview which is based entirely on videotaping signals, you are going to try and trick yourself into believing Mudd had nothing to do with taped signals?

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in
the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your
time, because you're going to play the other team the second time
around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That's what I'm saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer's
scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that's how
they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas
City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire
league at stealing signals.

Knock off the crap. You damn well Jimmy Johnson is talking about Howard Mudd stealing signals off of videotapes. BB didn't physically "tape" the teams either.

this is the same stunt you pulled with the Marvin Harrison shooting incident.

Last edited:
so since they said "stealing" instead of "taping", in this interview which is based entirely on videotaping signals, you are going to try and trick yourself into believing Mudd had nothing to do with taped signals?

Knock off the crap. You damn well Jimmy Johnson is talking about Howard Mudd stealing signals off of videotapes. BB didn't physically "tape" the teams either.

Drop it, you have NO PROOF, NONE, ZIP, ZERO

Unlike your lying sleazy coach getting who got caught cheating and getting your team fined the highest penalty in NFL HISTORY for doing so

Drop it, you have NO PROOF, NONE, ZIP, ZERO

Unlike your lying sleazy coach getting who got caught cheating and getting your team fined the highest penalty in NFL HISTORY for doing so

You are exactly right. I don't have the proof.

Jimmie Johnson does.

All you are doing is making Workhorse look worse.

Also, your worthless post might have been slightly more effective if you capitalized "highest penalty" instead of "nfl history".

Last edited:
You are exactly right. I don't have the proof.

Jimmie Johnson does.

All you are doing is making Workhorse look worse.

Also, your worthless post might have been slightly more effective if you capitalized "highest penalty" instead of "nfl history".

Hang on to one liner "smoking gun quotes" all you want to since you have and will never have any tangible evidence, but guess what public perception Dungy= Bestselling author, one of the most respected and well liked coaches in the game

Bellichick- arrogant, sleazy, lying, cheating, P*ick who brought spygate on your team

D

Damn where did Jimmy learn to form a sentence? I'll admit that Jimmy links him to it, though he does it without actually saying it. That dude gets paid to talk for a living and can't spit out a normal sentence.

What stunt are you talking about with Marvin?

Hang on to one liner "smoking gun quotes" all you want to since you have and will never have any tangible evidence, but guess what public perception Dungy= Bestselling author, one of the most respected and well liked coaches in the game

Bellichick- arrogant, sleazy, lying, cheating, P*ick who brought spygate on your team

D

Dungy is the scum of the Earth. I'm not typing the details out again, i've typed it dozens of times on this forum and you don't deserve the effort. If you are wondering why many of us feel this way, do a search and learn a little bit about the man.

Also, this link disagrees with your "HIghesT PenALTy IN nFl HIstory" crap.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

So basically, the one piece of information that you tried to offer, is completely wrong according to that article.

Well done.
0310235871.jpg

You forgot, HC of three Super Bowl Champions, whos gives a rats ass what his public perception is and what you morons think.

What I don't understand is how Ladanian Tomlinson and Tony Dungy, the two most righteous, classy dudes in the NFL, can be on different sides in the Brett Favre controversy? It's unthinkable!

What I don't understand is how Ladanian Tomlinson and Tony Dungy, the two most righteous, classy dudes in the NFL, can be on different sides in the Brett Favre controversy? It's unthinkable!

while we're posting pictures from last season

2245707096_2901a591da.jpg

"It's not that they're outrageous, it's that he always has an opinion and he's a coach, no one cares what he has to say about other players or teams. (See the whole Belichick/Bonds comparison from last year.) He's a hypocrite. He wants to be known as this soft-spoken, Christian, nice guy, but he's an self-righteous ugly looking prick" M.O.H.

Please don't hold back tell us what you really think. :D

Last edited:
The sanctimonious hypocrite would be long gone like in Tampa if not for Polian doing his dirty work behind the scenes.

D

So, essentially, in this post you're telling us you're a person of no substance who can't think for himself, who instead prefers his thinking to be done by "public perceptions," a man without a spine, someone who goes with the prevailing winds.

Now that we know your favorite musicians over the last several years have been Britney Spears and the latest American Idol, I guess we don't need to ask about anything else. You're easy to figure out.

But, the only thing that perplexes me about your post is this: who is this Bellichick fellow?

Please show me where anyone has said that Mudd taped signals. He has been called a master of stealing them, but that is a different claim.

Btw, I am biased and you are not?

Jimmy Johnson said he excelled at stealing signals with videotape.

This makes Dungy a hypocrite for employeeing someone who steals signals.

Last edited:
Mudd doesn't tape signals. That's why he's considered one of the best, he breaks them down in his head.

I've seen your name on this board a while. over the last year, the Jimmy Johnson quote about Mudd videotaping signals has been posted here over 1,000 times. Are you dense, dumb, in denial, or what?

Jimmy Johnson said he excelled at stealing signals with videotape.

This makes Dungy a hypocrite for employeeing someone who steals signals.

Actually he didn't. You are inferring. No where does he flat out say it.

You can infer, that's fine, but if the situation was reversed people would jump alll over me for doing the same. I'm just saying.

I've seen your name on this board a while. over the last year, the Jimmy Johnson quote about Mudd videotaping signals has been posted here over 1,000 times. Are you dense, dumb, in denial, or what?

The Jimmy Johnson stuff I was familiar with was his stuff he said on the FOX set, not that interview. BTW, I don't read every thread on here.

You can infer, that's fine, but if the situation was reversed people would jump alll over me for doing the same. I'm just saying.

You mean this inference:

1. KC stole opponents defensive signals by videotaping them.
  2. Howard Mudd was the offensive line coach for KC.
  3. Howard Mudd stole opponents defensive signals.
  4. Howard Mudd used the videotapes of opponents defensive signals.

And you would like to replace point #4 above with:

"Howard Mudd stole opponents defensive signals,
but didn't use videotapes of those signals,
despite the fact that KC videotaped opponents defensive signals,
and those tapes were available to Mudd,
and obviously someone on the KC coaching staff was using those tapes to steal signals,
and having different coaches on the same team stealing signals in different ways would be idiotic."

Since the prevailing sentiment on this board is that stealing signals using videotape is no big deal, I believe the appropriate response to anything Howard Mudd did is..."So what?" Your weak attempt at defending him just reflects badly on you and your credibility.

The Jimmy Johnson stuff I was familiar with was his stuff he said on the FOX set, not that interview. BTW, I don't read every thread on here.

You're showing some really bad reading skills here. I teach English, and I think I'd fail you for reading comprehension.

These were a couple of people speaking about the subject of videotaping signals. I inferred nothing. The people opened up by talking about videotaping signals. In the very same sentence in which Johnson indicts Mudd, he says "That's how they did it," which refers back to the earlier part of the conversation on videotaping. Furthermore, it was even more specific than this, because Johnson had said that he took the camera, filmed the coaches, then after the play, filmed the clock for down and distance. That's the THAT that he's referring to.

I don't know if you're trying to play stupid or you're just disingenuous, but I do know one thing: you don't know what the meaning of infer is. I'm inferring nothing here. The meaning is quite clear.

You're showing some really bad reading skills here. I teach English, and I think I'd fail you for reading comprehension.

These were a couple of people speaking about the subject of videotaping signals. I inferred nothing. The people opened up by talking about videotaping signals. In the very same sentence in which Johnson indicts Mudd, he says "That's how they did it," which refers back to the earlier part of the conversation on videotaping. Furthermore, it was even more specific than this, because Johnson had said that he took the camera, filmed the coaches, then after the play, filmed the clock for down and distance. That's the THAT that he's referring to.

I don't know if you're trying to play stupid or you're just disingenuous, but I do know one thing: you don't know what the meaning of infer is. I'm inferring nothing here. The meaning is quite clear.

Actually you are inferring...

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
in·fer Audio Help [in-fur] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -ferred, -fer·ring.
–verb (used with object)
1. to derive by reasoning; conclude or judge from premises or evidence: They inferred his displeasure from his cool tone of voice.
2. (of facts, circumstances, statements, etc.) to indicate or involve as a conclusion; lead to.
3. to guess; speculate; surmise.
4. to hint; imply; suggest.
–verb (used without object)
5. to draw a conclusion, as by reasoning.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/infer

I'm just saying since he was talking about the Chiefs video taping signs and that Mudd was the best in the league at stealing signals, but he didn't out right say Mudd broke down signals on tape. It may be semantics, but it's the definition of infer.

Actually you are inferring...

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
in·fer Audio Help [in-fur] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -ferred, -fer·ring.
–verb (used with object)
1. to derive by reasoning; conclude or judge from premises or evidence: They inferred his displeasure from his cool tone of voice.
2. (of facts, circumstances, statements, etc.) to indicate or involve as a conclusion; lead to.
3. to guess; speculate; surmise.
4. to hint; imply; suggest.
–verb (used without object)
5. to draw a conclusion, as by reasoning.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/infer

I'm just saying since he was talking about the Chiefs video taping signs and that Mudd was the best in the league at stealing signals, but he didn't out right say Mudd broke down signals on tape. It may be semantics, but it's the definition of infer.

please for the love of God stop doing that.

everyone (including you) knows that he was talking about Mudd being involved with stealing taped signals.

just stop. lol:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft