PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Laurence Maroney = Rookie of the Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Past are not going to take carries away from a guy when he is being successful. If Maroney is gaining yards they will give him the ball. It's like the very overstated point this preseason, that Tom Brady's favroite receiver is the open one. Besides, I don't think a rookie RB needs to get a huge amount of carries to be named ROY. Also, I'm not saying he isn't going to be fine during the regular season but Dillon has not looked very good the past two games. He is older so the chance of him getting injured is higher which raises the possibility of Maroney having to take a bigger role. Cadillac missed several games due to injury and there were others where he wasn't very effective due to injury. If a rookie RB has a fair amount of quality carries then that is really what he needs.

As someone said, just because he wins the award doesn't mean the team won't win the Superbowl and vica versa.

At the same time I kinda don't want him to wini it because when a RB wins the award they usually kinda run out of gas by the end of the season and playoffs because they are getting a fair amount of carries and the pro season is so much longer than the college one they are used to. If Maroney doesn't win it because he doesn't get as much playing time as other rookies but is more effective in the playoffs where we need him, then I can like with that.

I know my post is kinda contradictory but I am trying to examine all possibilties and I am sort of thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes