Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Cornerned or not about last nights result?

• Meh - Its a presaeason game,starters were playing to not get hurt

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • Its concerning,I see a lot of problems with this team exposed last night

Votes: 30 41.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Last nights game...Concerned or Not?

In case you guys forgot, the Pats were 2-2 in the preseason in 2007.

I knew a moron like you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

My expectations for this team has been pretty low for the last several seasons.

pfip is a huge moron, but you just said that the team "sucks" in another thread. You really don't see how you're going off the deep end a little too much?

My one thing I was most concerned with was when there was a pass rusher in the Rams QBs face,RARILY last night was there anyone else around the tackler to help out or finish the job...if this holds up in the regular season than that ONE player who gets close to the QB better not miss or we will be seeing 50 yard passes completed on a routine basis.

Were we watching different games? When there was pressure on blitzes, it was almost never one guy. If you're talking about a 4 man rush, then yeah, it's extremely rare for 2 guys to get free on a 4 man rush, but that's the case for just about every team in the league, and since it's not even a blitz that does not often result in 50 yards.

pfip is a huge moron, but you just said that the team "sucks" in another thread. You really don't see how you're going off the deep end a little too much?
Was it the Jets thread? I was just poking fun at people on this board that go after the Jets when something goes wrong with the Pats.

Pfip has been been obsessed with me for quite some time.

Last edited:

Were we watching different games? When there was pressure on blitzes, it was almost never one guy. If you're talking about a 4 man rush, then yeah, it's extremely rare for 2 guys to get free on a 4 man rush, but that's the case for just about every team in the league, and since it's not even a blitz that does not often result in 50 yards.

Whenever one player got near the QB last night they had no help in finishing off the pass rush,it seemed if a player from the left was rushing the QB there was no one on the right side (and reverse) to close on in much of the game.

I don't know what game you saw last night,but thats what I saw,and yes I am not talking about a blitz call,just your basic rush.

I guess with the obvious pass rush problems we have that we can just be happy that ONE player is getting near the QB instead of zero :rolleyes:

You talking to me?,I don't see where I said the team totally sucks or is it the other guy from PA? :)

Last edited:

Know "what you are talking about"? LOL

Well, yeah, I don't speak buffoon nor think in clown so you are hard to follow.

Thanks for highlighting the real suffering for losses like last night.

You talking to me?,I don't see where I said the team totally sucks or is it the other guy from PA? :)
It's not you, it's PatsfaninPittburgh who has a weird obsession with me. Majority of his posts are responses to what I write.

Know "what you are talking about"? LOL

Well, yeah, I don't speak buffoon nor think in clown so you are hard to follow.

Thanks for highlighting the real suffering for losses like last night.
LOL.

"This team hasn't won anything in the last 5 seasons".

Is this grammatically incorrect?

Is it really that difficult to understand?

Sounds like English to me.

Last edited:

Whenever one player got near the QB last night they had no help in finishing off the pass rush,it seemed if a player from the left was rushing the QB there was no one on the right side (and reverse) to close on in much of the game.

I don't know what game you saw last night,but thats what I saw,and yes I am not talking about a blitz call,just your basic rush.

I guess with the obvious pass rush problems we have that we can just be happy that ONE player is getting near the QB instead of zero :rolleyes:

So you're worried that, in a base 4 man rush, we weren't routinely getting two guys free? If you set impossible standards, you'll always be disappointed.

Back on topic for a sec, boys.

I selected concerned, because of the D. They are giving up a lot of long drives. I can't stand seeing that half-asleep state they get in where the D can't make a stop and people are standing around getting hosed. What's even worse is, when they do make a stop, then someone goes upside the QB's head. Then they are on the field for 9 minutes at a time and they're gassed in the fourth quarter. We saw it vs. NO, we saw it in this game, and we saw it a lot last year.

I know it's preseason but it looks like a display of sloppy basic football habits and maybe low effort. Shouldn't this team, young though it is, be better at some of these basic skills?

OK, as you were.

I think more optimism for Rams than anything else, Bradford looks like a solid QB for them

OK one of you 2 guys just go kicked off this thead. It wasn't you.

You and patsfaninpittsburgh are to put each other on ignore not have any interaction with each other. I would have sent a PM to both of you but I'm going out the door.

Thanks,

PS -you and or patsfaninpittsburgh can send a PM to me or another mod if you wantdiscuss this further. But don't carry this out any more on this thread.

Thanks again.

Not concerned at all. 1) Preseason, 2) BB defenses tend not to do as well against a QB the first time around, 3) In only 20 minutes TOP, we scored 35 points and only lost by 1 point despite the insane TOP differential, and 4) Preseason.

They haven't won anything in the last 5 years. Why should we be concerned now?

You are the most negative person on this forum.

I guess you think making it to the AFC Championship, going 16-0 and then to the Super Bowl, then 11-5 with our HOF QB out is meaningless right?

You are so spoiled, most fans would LOVE to be in our position.

Record: 59-21 (.738)
1 AFC Championship
2 AFC Championship Appearances
4 AFC East Division Titles
5 Playoff Wins

And 28 teams haven't won a Super Bowl within the last 5 years, I'm guessing they should have no expectations as well?

Last edited:

You are the most negative person on this forum.
I guess I come off that way, I'm just telling you how it is.
I guess you think making it to the AFC Championship, going 16-0 and then to the Super Bowl, then 11-5 with our HOF QB out is meaningless right?
Yes, to any competitor, that would be meaningless. Do you think the Pats players were patting themselves on the back after they lost the super bowl to the Giants and said, "at least we went 16-0 in the regular season". :rolleyes:
You are so spoiled, most fans would LOVE to be in our position.
The sad part is, this franchise was so close to becoming unstoppable, but horrible drafts, bad trades and letting guys walk put them in the position they are in today.

1 AFC Championship
5 Playoff Wins

And 28 teams haven't won a Super Bowl within the last 5 years, I'm guessing they should have no expectations as well?
If you really feel this team can compete for a super bowl, then you have every right to be worried.

I on the other hand, don't feel this team will compete for a super bowl.

Last edited:

I chose not concerned, but I am somewhere in the middle. I am concerned about several things, but I am not in any type of panic.
I'm here as well. The DLine is my biggest concern. That said, I think the offense has a chance to be a real force.

1 AFC Championship
5 Playoff Wins

Very well put. We've had a heck of a decade and the run isn't over.

Thats better than that crappy 2001 squad that hadn't won anything in 40 years.
Or there are also those 27 other NFL teams who havent won anything in more than 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye