PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LaMont Jordan not expected to be re-signed for 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
So would pots of gold at the end of rainbows and unicorns. ;)

I don't remember him being great even when healthy though.

That comes from your selective memory

Great at dancing, maybe. Average runner, though.

Its amazing how people always point to dancing but fail to acknowledge the lack of holes that were opened. Can't hit holes that aren't there. But neither should he just run into the back of his linemen either. The zone blocking schemes that the Pats tried to utilize with Maroney just weren't working. When they went back to in-line blocking with Morris, Faulk and BJGE, they had much more success. I'm fairly certain that if they were to do the same for Maroney, they'd be more successful as well.

Its amazing how people always point to dancing but fail to acknowledge the lack of holes that were opened. Can't hit holes that aren't there. But neither should he just run into the back of his linemen either. The zone blocking schemes that the Pats tried to utilize with Maroney just weren't working. When they went back to in-line blocking with Morris, Faulk and BJGE, they had much more success. I'm fairly certain that if they were to do the same for Maroney, they'd be more successful as well.

So in perspective you are saying that pretty much EVERY great running back had a great offensive line ahead of him - I Don't buy that

Ask HOFers such as a Barry Sanders of how good his line was during his heyday

Bottom line is great backs find ways to make big plays often by themselves when the blockers are not doing it

good backs find ways to make big plays every so often

below average backs solely rely on big gaps made by the blockers to gain bunches of yards

Maroney at this time is a below average back and made of glass IMO

So in perspective you are saying that pretty much EVERY great running back had a great offensive line ahead of him - I Don't buy that

Why do you insist on making sh!t up? No where did I say that.

Why do you insist on clouding the subject by bringing up irrelevant information? Oh wait. Its because you talked out your arse and made an assumption about what was being said.

Bottom line is great backs find ways to make big plays often by themselves when the blockers are not doing it

below average backs solely rely on big gaps made by the blockers to gain bunches of yards

Bottomline is that, at this time your full of sh!t and don't know what you are talking about. Bottom line is that you spewed garbage that isn't fact and made claims that weren't said. Bottom line is that Maroney is more than an average back whose shoulder injury didn't heal properly and its the same reason he went back out.

Bottom line, haters line yourself ignore the fact that the Patriots went back to using primarily IN LINE BLOCKING and all the running backs did better. But ignorant people want to ignore that because they don't want to admit that the Offensive line sucked to start the year and it didn't matter WHO was running behind it.

Let's face it - except for the one season Dillon was running wild, the Patriots have relied on a bunch of mid-level players to keep some sort of balance... but the passing game has always been first.

Great at dancing, maybe. Average runner, though.

I'm sure he would do better on dancing with the stars than Warren Sapp......

If Jordan is gone and maybe Maroney I wouldn't mind another RB in the late rounds. There's always a solid RB we can pick up and give as much as these two when they weren't hurt at the time.

Oh yeah.....they will definitely be bringing in another RB.....via draft or FA......Maroney and morris are huge question marks as far as the IR goes........Faulk is not an every down back....and I am not sure the Law Firm is going to be consistently successful against great Defenses..........

I thought Lamont played good for us when he played even after he returned. But I think we have enough band aides in the RB group as is. Morris and Maroney get hurt enough we don't need a third one. Plus ideally you would like to improve each position in same fashion each year and I think Maroney has shown enough skill to warrant another chance and Morris and Faulk definitely have roles so Lamont really is the only place to upgrade the RB spot

I'd pick Jordan over Maroney any day. Not that we have that option we're stuck with ****yfooting brokeback Maroney unfortunately. I'm sick of Maroney. He sucks. Let's just admit it. When has Maroney shown enough skill? I can think of one or two games where he played pretty well, but chalk that up to our offensive line doing their job, not to any particularly Herculean efforts on his part. Unlike Jordan, who is a fighter, smash mouth runner. We absolutely need someone like that on the squad.

I'd pick Jordan over Maroney any day. Not that we have that option we're stuck with ****yfooting brokeback Maroney unfortunately. I'm sick of Maroney. He sucks. Let's just admit it. When has Maroney shown enough skill? I can think of one or two games where he played pretty well, but chalk that up to our offensive line doing their job, not to any particularly Herculean efforts on his part. Unlike Jordan, who is a fighter, smash mouth runner. We absolutely need someone like that on the squad.

I'd rather have a healthy Maroney, given the other RB's on this roster. None of them have Maroney's breakaway speed. I believe that he's a big part of BB's offensive plan going into next season. (He's cheap and at this point would bring next to nada in a trade).

That being said, is he a 1st round bust? Absolutely. It seems that it is painful for some people to admit it.

Last edited:
A healthy duo of Maroney and Morris, with a little law firm and Faulk should do us well enough...

I'm fine with these four. And if BB finds a value pick at RB in this draft, I'm fine with that also.

...should Maroney just hit the f*ing hole.
Do you know what's ironic about your words? After Maroney was drafted, I remember posting a quote from LM's coach at Minnesota. He said that Belichick told him that Maroney was 'the quickest through the hole of any RB he's ever coached.' True story.

Where did anyone say that Maroney = Barry Sanders? I'm not a Maroney fan by a long shot, but you're just being ridiculous.

I like Lamont Jordan and I think a player like him is so important when playing in December. Bill knows best but I like how Jordan runs when healthy more than Morris. Perhaps Bill has his sights on a later round player this year who fits the "Pokey" Smith role for us.

Using Morris in going pass happy in the 1st 2-3 quarters of the game to get a lead and then beating the defense to a pulp with Jordan in the 4th would be a great strategy. Not many battering rams out there.

Jordan was good to us. Hopefully, marony is not a bust this year.

I have no problem with Jordan leaving. There will be FA RB's that can replace him and we have the draft picks to find a replacement.

I personally like James Davis of Clemson or the kid from Iowa in the third round.

That comes from your selective memory

Correction. That comes from not wearing rose tinted glasses.
A RB prospect would be nice considering the high injury factory of Morris and Maroney.
But maybe BB believes that BJGE can fill the void.
Hard to tell. I'd rather have insurance if possible.

Go ahead and tell us why Maroney is a "great" back. You'd be laughed off the forum by most of the posters here.

Last edited:

If Maroney comes back and plays like BB envisioned him with that draft pick... I will take everything bad that I said and then some.

In fact, I'd be his biggest fan.

Maybe he is a late bloomer? In his case, hopefully.

aka "glass dancer" ...

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes