PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

La Canfora: Pats trying hard to keep Bodden - Texans and Steelers in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: La Canfora: Pats making late push for Bodden - Texans and Steelers in it

so aside from WW (and we resign bodden) you are saying the same basic team if going to lose more games then they did last when they had one of the toughest schedules out there?

Sounds more like you just want to hate on the team and bash "kool-aid drinkers" then accually say something meaningful

Check next year's schedule
Different challenge without Welker
8-8

We don't have any threads proclaiming that now, do we?

I think that, for whatever reason, he decided to take an early post proclaiming that if we re-signed Bodden we'd be the winner in FA as of now and turn this Bodden thread into a 16 argument whether or not our roster is presently better than the 2009 one. :confused:

I think that, for whatever reason, he decided to take an early post proclaiming that if we re-signed Bodden we'd be the winner in FA as of now and turn this Bodden thread into a 16 argument whether or not our roster is presently better than the 2009 one. :confused:

Can't say that's wrong.

Well I've already broken down the game in the past to show it was the offenses fault. The run defense wasn't great but it wasn't a liability that lost the game.

They ran a lot because it was 24-0, not because they were running all over the Patriots defense.

All I'm saying is that, when you know the opposition is going to run the ball, you must stop the run.

If you can't back up your statements then don't make them. YOU specifically claimed

Don't try to turn it around.

Give me a break on the J E T S Jets jets jets win at home
Did that win constitute a heroic and dominant league wide statement?
They did look and play like crap when it counted most at the end of the Indy game...and that crap extended to Saint BB and his clock management.

I can make any statements I wish here.
Here is one

How bout putten some "Money" where your Koolaid lives?
I say no better than 8-8 next year....
Regardless of Welker's return or..
Who they may yet pick up as a FA or....
Who they draft

You in?

They did look and play like crap when it counted most at the end of the Indy game...and that crap extended to Saint BB and his clock management.

Here is one

Who they draft

You in?

Willing to roll high? How's 5k?

Here is one

Who they draft

You in?

IF the Pats played like crap in Indy then Indy played like crap as well. The Pats won that game if not for a bobble by Faulk and bad spot by the ref. So spare me your "played like crap against all the good teams" nonsense. The only "played like crap" game was the Saints game.

Yes I'm in, $100 we are better than 8-8 next season.

IF the Pats played like crap in Indy then Indy played like crap as well. The Pats won that game if not for a bobble by Faulk and bad spot by the ref. So spare me your "played like crap against all the good teams" nonsense. The only "played like crap" game was the Saints game.

Yes I'm in, $100 we are better than 8-8 next season.

I'm in for $100 we are better than 8-8 as well. Where you at Putt Putt?

Yeah I'll put $100 on that.

Here is one

Who they draft

You in?
Count me in. There have been trolls here before that bet and disappeared when it was time to pay up, though. We need someone to hold the money.

Irrespective of the trash secondary that season...

(If that was 100% true, then the Pats wouldn't have gone out and signed Springs and drafted Chung and Butler...)
You can make personnel judgements of a team based on who BB drafts the following year?

What did drafting KOC have to do with BB faith in Brady, then? BB felt Brady was done? Is that why he hasn't extended him? 'Cause BB thinks Brady sucks? So I guess drafting Edelman showed that Brady felt Welker sucked.

But to the point of your posts in this thread: You do not see the advantage of NOT losing key FAs in a year? You do not see that makes a team better?

Every year teams signs FAs and draft quality rookies. Why don't they all have better records? Because they lose FAs. If a team can not lose FAs, it is better than losing some and signing replacements, especially if the FAs you keep are good in your system.

It is like an NCAA team comprised of sophomores and they all return to play as juniors. It doesn't matter that year who good their recruiting class was. They got better by keeping the same players.

But the real reason, even though you deny it, that the Pats were 21-11 over the last two years is Tom Brady being hurt.

If he comes back throwing like he used to, the Pats will be better if they sign no FAs. If they retain most of their own key FAs, then they will be a lot better.

how about instead of you all collecting the money the winner donates everything to the site ot pay it allthey way up and the rest to a set charity.

i am not betting cause ia m broke but i know they will go better then 8-8

That's not entirely fair. Teams can improve with the same personnel when the youngsters mature. 2009 was a very successful draft by most appraisals, including my own. A better Butler, Chung, Vollmer, etc. is going to improve the team standing pat as long as we also retain the core parts. So far the Pats have managed to hold onto Wilfork (huge), Neal and TBC (solid). Retaining Bodden would be very big, so that they Pats won't be forced to draft a young corner, and rely on Wilhite in a starting spot (yuck).

Even more important, Brady seemed off, notwithstanding his numbers, and could plausibly get better.

Also, every halfway smart team benefits from low-cost new players each year (e.g., TBC, McGowan, Edelman), and even the biggest hater should assume the Pats will hit on some of those.

I would like to go on the record that I am against any betting involving money.
As lame as it sounds I think a sig bet is more appropriate.

Either way I won't take part. I learned my lesson betting against the Pats.

I would like to go on the record that I am against any betting involving money.
As lame as it sounds I think a sig bet is more appropriate.

Either way I won't take part. I learned my lesson betting against the Pats.

Why are you against betting money out of curiosity?

Why are you against betting money out of curiosity?

====================================================

I think it is bad for the board because someone won't pay and then people get all upset and drama insues and at the end of the day we lose some posters.

Also some can't afford it, and some that can now mite not be able to afford it in 9 months.

Tensions are high enough, I think we are better off without the seriousness that goes along with a money bet.

A sig bet is a silly as what the bet ends up being. Which is perfect for these occasions.

Last edited:

Re-signing Wilfork yesterday was an irrelevancy for the upcoming season that the suckers are buying into as some big deal. He had already been franchised, so a re-signing is only important for the out years. Re-signing Bodden is something that should never have been an issue, and still hasn't been accomplished.

People are giving the team "attaboys!" for doing things that should have been done months ago. Had the Patriots not been screwing around last season, Wilfork could have had his deal in place, the team could have kept (and franchised) Seymour, and it would be in far better shape today than it is.

You couldn't be more wrong. They could not keep both Seymour and Wilfork. There will be a salary cap and it will probably be lower than it was last season. The Wilfork signing is not about what they are paying, but more about the fact they are paying him. Wilfork outperformed his contract, he sat out off season workouts but he played and honored his contract. Perhaps March 5th had some significance in the negotiations. The Patriots rewarded him for his play under the previous contract and for what he means to this team in the future. I will wait to see what Miguel has to say about the contract structure whic will be a key. I don't believe this deal could have been done months ago.

I think it is bad for the board because someone won't pay and then people get all upset and drama insues and at the end of the day we lose some posters.

IF a supposed patriots fan bets against the Pats and then refuses to pay, then I don't think this board loses ANYTHING from that person being gone. What kind of fan bets that their team will be 8-8 or worse in march anyway.

Also some can't afford it, and some that can now mite not be able to afford it in 9 months.

Either a catastrophic financial disaster or stupid financial management would be needed for that situation. If you accept a $100 bet, put $100 aside until the results are in, or pay now to some trusted third party.

Tensions are high enough, I think we are better off without the seriousness that goes along with a money bet.

Idiocy is as serious as money.

A sig bet is a silly as what the bet ends up being. Which is perfect for these occasions.

I disagree, this isn't a silly bet. It's a ridiculous proposition by either a miserable person or a troll in sheep's clothing. Either way, a stupid sig bet is worthless.

Of course we know he's bluffing and just wanted to try to puff his chest out a bit. Like the troll that he is, he won't be responding.

IF a supposed patriots fan bets against the Pats and then refuses to pay, then I don't think this board loses ANYTHING from that person being gone. What kind of fan bets that their team will be 8-8 or worse in march anyway.

Either a catastrophic financial disaster or stupid financial management would be needed for that situation. If you accept a $100 bet, put $100 aside until the results are in, or pay now to some trusted third party.

Idiocy is as serious as money.

I disagree, this isn't a silly bet. It's a ridiculous proposition by either a miserable person or a troll in sheep's clothing. Either way, a stupid sig bet is worthless.

Of course we know he's bluffing and just wanted to try to puff his chest out a bit. Like the troll that he is, he won't be responding.

====================================================

OK then, have your bet, and I hope it works out well.

Why so serious over any of this message board business.

whysoserious.jpg

You couldn't be more wrong. They could not keep both Seymour and Wilfork. There will be a salary cap and it will probably be lower than it was last season. The Wilfork signing is not about what they are paying, but more about the fact they are paying him. Wilfork outperformed his contract, he sat out off season workouts but he played and honored his contract. Perhaps March 5th had some significance in the negotiations. The Patriots rewarded him for his play under the previous contract and for what he means to this team in the future. I will wait to see what Miguel has to say about the contract structure whic will be a key. I don't believe this deal could have been done months ago.

They could easily have kept Seymour and Wilfork, both last season and this season. All it would have taken is getting Wilfork signed earlier, which should have been done last year anyway, and then franchising Seymour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News