PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

La Canfora: Pats trying hard to keep Bodden - Texans and Steelers in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB drafted Wilhite (who I think is good he just needs to learn to LOOK for the ball) and Wheatley and Butler.

3 high picks in 2 years. That's enough, along with this year's pick and Springs.

He needs to be forced to dance with the gal that brung him. Or that technically he brung (drafted). Screw this paying 8M for FA CBs....WE NEED TO DEVELOP OUR OWN! Why hasn't he done that? HE's a master of defense. He developed Samuel, didn't he?

I think Wilhite and Butler were both good picks and I think they will both be much improved in 2010. Wheatley is still a mystery. I think it will help that BB is taking charge on D. I'd rather let Bodden walk, maybe bring in a guy like Buchanon or some vet on a 1 year deal, keep Springs, and then look to add Patrick Peterson in the 2011 draft. For 2011 you'd have a great young corps of CB working with BB. Peterson and Butler with Wilhite as the nickelback would be filthy and very cost efficient IMO.

”I think it’s great having a team like the Houston Texans being interested in me,” Bodden said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports at Houston’s Hobby Airport. “I’m just going to go here, meet the coaches, and hopefully everything goes good.”

“I had a good year there, but it’s all about who wants me,” Bodden said when asked about the Patriots. “If they want me, they can get me. If Houston wants me, they can get me. I’m just here to see what these guys have to offer and just meet the coaches.”
While it sounds like he wants to move on, he hasn’t totally slammed the door shut on the Pats. That is, if they don’t mind meeting his demands, which could be in the $4-to-$5 million a year vicinity.

If he is really asking between 4-5 million and the Pats arent willing to pay that then BB is a dumbass. Talk all the crap you want bout me but im not defending him on this one is thats true.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet

Doesn't sound too encouraging to me. I have a feeling he will end up in Houston. Contrary to what some will say about everything being about the money, it sounds like he wants to be shown some "love" and, if the money offered is roughly equal, he would rather play for a team that "wants" him, i.e. strokes his ego more. He almost sounds like a college recruit.

This is the kind of situation where I think Pioli really helped in the past--not so much in scouting, but in handling players' egos when it came to negotiating contracts and retaining veterans.

I think Wilhite and Butler were both good picks and I think they will both be much improved in 2010. Wheatley is still a mystery. I think it will help that BB is taking charge on D. I'd rather let Bodden walk, maybe bring in a guy like Buchanon or some vet on a 1 year deal, keep Springs, and then look to add Patrick Peterson in the 2011 draft. For 2011 you'd have a great young corps of CB working with BB. Peterson and Butler with Wilhite as the nickelback would be filthy and very cost efficient IMO.

Dude, if it is 7-8 million, then yes, you might have to let Bodden walk. But if you wouldn't bat an eyelash at letting Bodden walk if he's wanting 4-5M per, then I'm sorry, you were not watching the Patriots' secondary closely enough last season. I'm dead serious.

Dude, if it is 7-8 million, then yes, you might have to let Bodden walk. But if you wouldn't bat an eyelash at letting Bodden walk if he's wanting 4-5M per, then I'm sorry, you were not watching the Patriots' secondary closely enough last season. I'm dead serious.

I think Bodden is a little overrated by Pats fans after the horrific 08 with O'Neal and such. I do not want Bodden at 6-8 million. I would take him back at 4-5 million per year b/c I feel that's a good price for what he offers us.

The question is how much better would our backfield have been if we had a decent pass rush?

If they don't have a plan to address it in free agency I don't see how they can address it through the draft and have be effective this season.

I would offer boddon a 24mil 4 year deal.

To quote someone else, tis whatcha gonna get. Dreams of Peppers, Dansby, Boldin, Bodden, are precisely that - dreams.

I dont know about Bodden, because that isnt over, but dreams of signing the highest priced big names on the market have been precisely that for the 10 years that BB has been here. I'm fine with the results of that.
Is there a team out there that makes it habit to sign all those big name high priced guys that has a track record we should want to emaulate?

Last edited by a moderator:
:ditto:

Amen brother! What, like 25 pages of back and forth and you come in and hit the nail squarely on the head. Nothing more really needs to be said. Thanks.

25 pages? You need to visit your User CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft