PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard push]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

Listening to chicago radio they said that the Bears deal was five million dollars more a year than the PAtriots was. Not sure where they got that info or if it is true.

Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

Also, they are saying it is 40 million over the first 3 years, all guaranteed. Not sure what the total length of the deal is. So interpreting that we offered about 8 a year with chicago offering 13.33 a year.

Listening to chicago radio they said that the Bears deal was five million dollars more a year than the PAtriots was. Not sure where they got that info or if it is true.

Ofcourse it was, the Pats threw out the low-ball offer just to save face with the public and the fans. That's all it was. Get it out on to the internet and the press to say "They made an offer".

Again Bill, just piss on all of us and simply tell us that it's only raining !!!!!
We're all stupid................

That's a joke and a disgrace. Waiting for the homer response to justify this.

I doubt that's true. The Pats likely offered somethng close to 10M per year. They knew Peppers was going to cost a lot. The Bears just gave more money up front. 40 over the first 3 is 13.33M per. The last 3 years might be phoney money for all we know.

That's a joke and a disgrace. Waiting for the homer response to justify this.

Gee, couldn't be that that's what they thought a 30 year old 4-3 DE who's never played in a 3-4 was worth without knowing the financial climate of 2011, could it?

No, no, we're all playing with monopoly money here.

Gee, couldn't be that that's what they thought a 30 year old 4-3 DE who's never played in a 3-4 was worth without knowing the financial climate of 2011, could it?

No, no, we're all playing with monopoly money here.

Don't give me that. A top 3, if not the best pass rusher in the league to go to a team with a mediocre pass rush.

I doubt that's true. The Pats likely offered somethng close to 10M per year. They knew Peppers was going to cost a lot. The Bears just gave more money up front. 40 over the first 3 is 13.33M per. The last 3 years might be phoney money for all we know.

it is much more likely that you have no idea what thepats offered......

It was already reported earlier that the Pats and Eagles both offered 10 million per.

But, of course, I'm sure both teams only did this to placate their ADD-stricken fans.

Funny the same exact description could be said about Peppers, and oh I dunno, maybe the fact he's more reliable than a guy who was in the league for years and had 1 real good year which got him his money.

Peppers is past his prime. Adalius got a 5 year $35M contract. Peppers got $40M in the first 3 years! Come back to reality please. Not to mention the Adalius signing of 2007 was NOT the reason for the perfect season. So your comparison is ridiculous to start.

Were you wearing your team of the decade cap watching our D blow it in 07? Were you running the streets screaming "team of the decade" when our Cassel played great but our D was terrible? Maybe after the Ravens destroyed our defense you were chanting team of the decade? 06 AFC title game? I mean dude I could go on and on. Spare me what happened 6 years ago.

You cry a lot as if you are entitled to have a championship every year. I want to win each year too, I just have perspective and don't get all knee-jerk stupid like some people.

This team went from the untouchables in the playoffs to a typical playoff choking team.

Uhm no it didn't. You live in a fairy tale world where there is a such thing as magic.

Don't give me that. A top 3, if not the best pass rusher in the league to go to a team with a mediocre pass rush.

You don't pay $13m per year (40+ guaranteed with no idea what the 2011 landscape is going to look like) unless you think that player can be an all around player IMO. Right now, at his natural position (4-3 DE) he was considered soft against the run. Now we're going to assume that when he converts to the 3-4 he'll be good in coverage as an OLB, good setting the edge against the run, AND still a top 3 pass rusher from a different position?

Would I have liked Peppers on the team? Sure! But not for $13m a year, not unless you can assure me he's going to make a successful transition to 3-4 OLD and be able to do everything for us.

I'm sorry, were people worried about losing this guy? I heard no one running the mention TBC's name, if so please point out all the posts.

People have been talking about getting TBC re-signed for months. Here's an example from January:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/13/315389-biggest-need-3-4-end-page2.html#post1701377

Now, do you have a link to a post where you stated your willingness to drop $14-$15 million on Peppers anywhere other than this thread?

Last edited:

Think the topic title should read Update: Signed with Bears.

Some fans may be visiting the board later today without hearing the news and get their hopes up.

6 years, 80 million.

Wow. No way we were every paying that!:rolleyes:

6 years, 80 million.

Wow. No way we were every paying that!:rolleyes:

Clayton is reporting that it is 6 yrs 91.5 million with 42 million guaranteed. Wow, just wow.:eek:

Last edited:

Clayton is reporting that it is 6 yrs 91.5 million with 42 million guaranteed. Wow, just wow.:eek:

No wonder he was smiling so much during his press conference in Chicago today. He was saying all this stuff about "Bears tradition" and "winning culture," but that was all window dressing for his limo ride to the bank. The Bears USED to be cheap; in fact, they have a long history of it. I'll bet George Halas is spinning in his grave.

WTF that is worse than I could have imagined. Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes