PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard push]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

I don't have rose-colored glasses. I do, however, have more patience than a caffeine-addled middle schooler.

A caffeine-added middle schooler? Oooh look at the internet tough guy getting slick now. I better watch out.

This is a message board. Just like you post your ridiculous optimistic opinions, I have the right to post my not so optimistic yet realistic opinion. I hardly panic and I'm one of the calmer reacting posters on this board compared to most people. But I'm simply pointing out I don't agree with this move that's all. No need to talk **** like you apparently and 95% of people on the internet feel the need to do so.

Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

I never said it did. What I said is for one year we went nuts after everybody, spent alotta dough and said screw the draft.

Except that is false. Moss and Welker didn't cost a lot. Adalius is (was) a rare talent in his prime that could really do a whole lot in this defense. The Patriots have always been willing to pay for the players in their prime that could make a great impact (see: Seymour extension). Samuel was franchised not given a long term deal. So, in the end, once again they did NOTHING different. They made good value offers and had a lot pan out for them. That draft was far far weaker than this one coming up as well.

I'm just saying this offseason, this was where our investments could have went to with enough room for extra moves. It didn't, I don't agree with it but we'll find out.

FA JUST STARTED. You are whining about not giving Peppers a 6 year gigantic deal. He's not worth it and not a chance he earns that contract.

The same people year after year make the same excuses, and we witness the same results.

The same results? Yeah we witness the team of the decade... oh let's cry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peppers' Agent - Pats "Under Consideration"

Ian's Daily Blog - Tom Curran of Fox Sports New England reported on Friday that Carl Carey, the agent for Julius Peppers, says the Patriots are “under consideration” as a potential landing spot for his free-agent client, and that Peppers may make a visit to New England.“We have seen the Patriots’ proposal, which was a chance for us to [...]

OH WE RE-UPPED TBC..........YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! NOW LET'S LOCK UP PIERRE WOODS LONG TERM AND MY OFF-SEASON WILL BE MADE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noo the Patriots will just be doing things the "patriots way", you know thinking long term. I'm so excited, our defense should be alright by the time 2015 rolls around

A caffeine-added middle schooler? Oooh look at the internet tough guy getting slick now. I better watch out.

This is a message board. Just like you post your ridiculous optimistic opinions, I have the right to post my not so optimistic yet realistic opinion. I hardly panic and I'm one of the calmer reacting posters on this board compared to most people. But I'm simply pointing out I don't agree with this move that's all. No need to talk **** like you apparently and 95% of people on the internet feel the need to do so.

What on earth are you talking about. There's nothing "internet tough guy" about making the observation that essentially bemoaning the Patriots' failure in FA less than one day in is ludicrous at best and straight-up dumb at worst. I apologize in advance if that hurts your feelings.

Last edited:

Noo the Patriots will just be doing things the "patriots way", you know thinking long term. I'm so excited, our defense should be alright by the time 2015 rolls around

Feel free to root for another team please. People like you are so damn annoying. Knee-jerk doom and gloomers out in full force less than 24 hours after free agency started. Flipping awesome, 10 years of success doesn't even earn the benefit of the doubt.

Except that is false. Moss and Welker didn't cost a lot. Adalius is (was) a rare talent in his prime that could really do a whole lot in this defense. The Patriots have always been willing to pay for the players in their prime that could make a great impact (see: Seymour extension). Samuel was franchised not given a long term deal. So, in the end, once again they did NOTHING different. They made good value offers and had a lot pan out for them. That draft was far far weaker than this one coming up as well.

Funny the same exact description could be said about Peppers, and oh I dunno, maybe the fact he's more reliable than a guy who was in the league for years and had 1 real good year which got him his money.

The same results? Yeah we witness the team of the decade... oh let's cry about that.

Were you wearing your team of the decade cap watching our D blow it in 07? Were you running the streets screaming "team of the decade" when our Cassel played great but our D was terrible? Maybe after the Ravens destroyed our defense you were chanting team of the decade? 06 AFC title game? I mean dude I could go on and on. Spare me what happened 6 years ago.

This team went from the untouchables in the playoffs to a typical playoff choking team.

Feel free to root for another team please. People like you are so damn annoying. Knee-jerk doom and gloomers out in full force less than 24 hours after free agency started. Flipping awesome, 10 years of success doesn't even earn the benefit of the doubt.

People like you are annoying. You say the same goddamn thing every other homer here does. Disagree with something the Pats are doing and you have to go root for another team. Real mature, logical responses.

Glazer Twitter:

Jay_Glazer

Peppers has agreed to terms but there is still a hold up w the language of the contract and he is still taking his physical

VJCPatriot, this is from Schefter's Twitter around 3 PM:

Filed to ESPN: Bears will announce it when they're ready, but the Julius Peppers deal is agreed to. He is a Bear.

just curious who would you sign in this free agency?

What on earth are you talking about. There's nothing "internet tough guy" about making the observation that essentially bemoaning the Patriots' failure in FA less than one day in is ludicrous at best and straight-up dumb at worst. I apologize in advance if that hurts your feelings.

Lol ok. I'm sure you say slick **** to everyone you argue you in real life. funny thing is the one overreacting like a kid here is you. I just said it sucks we let Peppers go, I never said FA is screwed.

Man you guys are tooooo defensive over this team. Good god it's like a cult more than a fanbase on this site lol.

VJCPatriot, this is from Schefter's Twitter around 3 PM:

Hmmm. ok that's not a good sign. :p Come on BB, last minute phone call time!

Signing Peppers for $$ that could pay for 3-4 quality starters might NOT be the way to go you know. There's still a long way to go in FA, and we still have four day 1 picks. It's no time to panic

The one thing we'll never hear is what the Pats offered, no question it was their classic low-ball offer hoping he would bite and he didn't. Then BB and the FO can turn around and tell us that they put on a full-court press for Peppers and that it just didn't work out.

BB why don't you just piss on me and tell me that it's raining !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Peppers is a Bear

Just read on PFT.

BB why don't you just piss on me and tell me that it's raining !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know you were into that kind of thing. Quite frankly it's disturbing and I'd rather not hear about it. :eek:

Hmmm. ok that's not a good sign. :p Come on BB, last minute phone call time!

We can still dream right? ;)

Lol ok. I'm sure you say slick **** to everyone you argue you in real life. funny thing is the one overreacting like a kid here is you. I just said it sucks we let Peppers go, I never said FA is screwed.

Man you guys are tooooo defensive over this team. Good god it's like a cult more than a fanbase on this site lol.

lol that 2 cool, u r so right. mabe u should read wat u post mor closely nxt time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes