Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kudos to Losman - manning up

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Gumby, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gumby

Gumby 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

Based on what Losman said in press conference [assuming it wasnt just as a payoff so Wilfork will tell the DL to spare his life on Sunday :) ] I think we should recognize him for being a bit more honest about the hit in the first game.

Expressed this way I think we all agree with him. If they honestly thought it was dirty $12K is nothing and if it wasn't really dirty....... WHY THE HECK DID YOU GO AFTER HIM AT ALL.

Maybe the fact that he belatedly says he doesnt believe it was intentional will help Wilfork avoid the fine. (I thought I heard once that 75% of these fines get appealed by the union and get cancelled but the nfl doesnt go out of their way to make that public or it would expose their fine system to ridicule)

2. letekro

letekro In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +19 / 2 / -3

Did you mean "Manning up" - because all I see here is a cowardly retraction of his initial comments.

3. NEPat

NEPat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Give the guy a break. I was annoyed with his initial comments as well, but he had just gotten hurt and as a result lost his starting job. I don't blame him for having been upset.

4. Crazyeechrispats1

Crazyeechrispats1 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Interesting is maybe the notion that Coach Jauron told Losman to do this so theres no animosity or extra motive to get the defense pumped up to punish him.
    If this was the reason it's a pretty clever idea, although not enough to take the Patriots down a peg BB will have the soldiers ready for war.

5. PatsMan26

PatsMan26 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't really call that "manning up."

6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Maybe this is the start of something. We play Buff. Loserman retracts his statments about Wilfork trying to end his carreer. :rolleyes: What carreer. Next it will be Ratgini saying "I really didn't mean it honest it was an accident I swear. Then Old Man Shula,oh wait he already retracted.

7. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,716 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

I'll give props to Losman whom I'd never respected untill now. Maybe he's maturing. But I'm a big Edwards fan. Moderate luck to both. May they lose with grace and respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.