PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft "trying" to get 1st round pick back

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no clue what he is doing behind scenes ... nor do I ... but keep acting like you do.

His actions and words indicate he is doing nothing. He said, as recently as yesterday "We've done everything we can do", so I'll take that to mean he's not doing anything else behind the scenes. He's surrendered the picks, he's continuously praised Goodell - oh yeah, the window dressing - he had an employee start a blog and he wrote a letter. Does that sound like someone who is actually fighting this to you?

It should take a really egregious offense to be stripped of a 1st round pick.

Spygate was way overblown, and Defamegate was created out of whole cloth. Considering Bob Kraft's lame response, if the PATS Keep winning, what's to prevent the NFL* from stripping the Pats of more picks in the future through another bogus charge?

Certainly the haters will support it and not question anything that hurts the Pats.
Doesn't matter what Kraft says or does. Success breeds contempt. We'll have it as long as we keep winning.

target.jpg

Get over it Andy ... move on ... the good Kraft has done far outweighs the bad and it's not even close.
we lost a friggin pick ... we will overcome it ... because that's what kind of an organization we have. Even if Kraft fought and/or appealed we would have lost the pick. The only way we recoup them is by Kraft muscling some power amongst owners. That Kraft continues to have his name slandered here in the forum by some members is disgusting IMO.

Robert Kraft knows that Roger Goodell is lying about his franchise and Tom Brady, and that Goodell is stealing draft picks from them and smearing their name yet he continues to come out and applaud the job Goodell is doing. It's inexcusable and indefensible and he really lost all credibility by doing so. He has put his place in the billionaires boys club above the franchise and its fans and deserves whatever criticism comes his way. I'm done supporting him. Hopefully he gets booed every time he shows his face from here on out.

Been a Pats fan since 1963, I don't know how bandwagon fits into that.
We lost a first in 2000 and another in 2008. Why didn't you ditch your fandom then?

So why not start now? Oh, right. Success also breeds spoiled brats.
Walking away from a league that is growing ever more corrupt is not a sign of a band wagon fan no matter what pictures or memes you post. A bandwagon fan is someone that only supports their "team" when they are successful. The two concepts are completely unrelated.

Last edited:
Walking away from a league that is growing ever more corrupt is not a sign of a band wagon fan no matter what pictures or memes you post. A bandwagon fan is someone that only supports their "team" when the are successful. The two concepts are completely unrelated.

It would be one thing if the owner was fighting against it, tooth and nail. As it is, he's as complicit as anyone. He makes railroading the team such a pleasant experience, why wouldn't they just do it again, and again, and again, etc., etc., etc.?

It would be one thing if the owner was fighting against it, tooth and nail. As it is, he's as complicit as anyone. He makes railroading the team such a pleasant experience, why wouldn't they just do it again, and again, and again, etc., etc., etc.?
Were you aware that the Patriots provided Blecker a letter from their Counsel to Clement for his Amicus Curiae? No one denies that Kraft screwed the pooch when he didn't appeal, but we're not privy to what's going on behind the scenes and there is much we dont' know. Also, the chances of Kraft winning anything in court were minuscule at best. I can understand being dissatisfied with Kraft's response, but there is no need for hyperbole and exaggeration.

Last edited:

Agreed. People don't generally make major decisions lightly.

People do not file for divorce after their 1st argument and people don't move out of a state/country after the 1st law that the government passes that they do not like.

I have been a Pats/NFL* fan for a long time, and it has taken a lot of offenses to make my support waver but I am just about there, and I can and will walk away from it when my breaking point is reached.

I know I am not alone in this, and I know there were some posters on Patsfans who said they were giving up on the NFL* last year, and I think some have been true to their word and not posted since.

Were you aware that the Patriots provided Blecker a letter from their Counsel to Clement for his Amicus Curiae? No one denies that Kraft screwed the pooch when he didn't appeal, but we're not privy to what's going on behind the scenes and there is much we dont' know. Also, the chances of Kraft winning anything in court was minuscule at best. I can understand being dissatisfied with Kraft's response, but there is no need for hyperbole and exaggeration.

I don't think there's any hyperbole or exaggeration there, tbh.

Anything provided to help Brady's case only helps Brady. It does nothing to fight the team penalties. Of course, in any event, it's highly debatable whether it helped Brady at all, anyway.

Kraft hasn't done a single thing to make anyone in the front office even a little uncomfortable. He's gone out of his way to blame it all on the lawyers, which by omission, exonerates Goodell, Kensil, Vincent, Blandino, and all the other owners. He not only hasn't achieved a single positive affect on the outcome of this fiasco, he's done nothing to provide any kind of deterrent to any of the perpetrators from doing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes