PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft "trying" to get 1st round pick back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kraft hasn't done a single thing to make anyone in the front office even a little uncomfortable.
The Wells Report in Context is the lion's share of what he's done publicly. Since you, like the rest of us, have zero visibility in what goes on behind the scenes (the stuff that actually makes a difference), this statement is nothing more than speculation at best. As I said before, I understand peoples' dissatisfaction with how Kraft has handled this publicly, but many of them, including you, go too far and assume too much.

The Wells Report in Context is the lion's share of what he's done publicly. Since you, like the rest of us, have zero visibility in what goes on behind the scenes (the stuff that actually makes a difference), this statement is nothing more than speculation at best. As I said before, I understand peoples' dissatisfaction with how Kraft has handled this publicly, but many of them, including you, go too far and assume too much.

You mean the website that no one but Pats fans gives a **** about? Oh, they're quaking in their boots over that, I'm sure.

If you want to give him credit for doing more, fine. What you can't do is show even a single instance where his "strategy" has resulted in any mitigation of the penalties the league set out to levy.

Been a Pats fan since 1963, I don't know how bandwagon fits into that.

When he has no leg to stand on OE uses memes and claims people are "Goodell supporters," etc etc...... The truth is that Kraft endorsing Goodell yet again as Goodell rapes the Patriots is completely inexcusable and indefensible and every Patriot fan knows it.

The time to demand the picks back was when Goodell took them away.

Agreed. People don't generally make major decisions lightly.

People do not file for divorce after their 1st argument and people don't move out of a state/country after the 1st law that the government passes that they do not like.

I have been a Pats/NFL* fan for a long time, and it has taken a lot of offenses to make my support waver but I am just about there, and I can and will walk away from it when my breaking point is reached.

I know I am not alone in this, and I know there were some posters on Patsfans who said they were giving up on the NFL* last year, and I think some have been true to their word and not posted since.

Agree 100%. For me, it's not just everything that has happened with deflategate that is turning me away from football. It's the constant rule changes, the inconsistencies in player punishments, the talk of expanding teams to other continents, the league wanting an 18 game regular season, talk of adding more teams to the playoffs, the NFL becoming more and more like flag football, etc.

I have only been a fan of football for about 13 years and during that time the NFL has changed a lot (mostly beginning with Goodell's reign of terror). While deflategate is a big reason while I may no longer watch football after BB and TB are gone, it's everything combined that is pushing me over that edge.

You mean the website that no one but Pats fans gives a **** about? Oh, they're quaking in their boots over that, I'm sure.

If you want to give him credit for doing more, fine. What you can't do is show even a single instance where his "strategy" has resulted in any mitigation of the penalties the league set out to levy.
I suspect they're unhappy about the letters from Pash repeatedly denying the Pat's request to correct the false PSI reports published on the site at the very least. Either way, in both posts to you, I acknowledge that I understand your dissatisfaction with Kraft's public handling of the situation. It is the hyperbole and foolish assumption that he's doing nothing behind the scenes that I took issue with.

Unless he has evidence that incriminates Goodell and/or other owners that he hasn't used, it's unlikely there is anything Kraft could do differently PUBLICLY that would improve his chances of getting the picks back. In such a case, the demand of an instance where a strategic public move aided in mitigating the penalties is unreasonable.

All that said, his public support of Goodell and the hugging BS make me sick.

We're going with the known facts, It's your side that requires a giant leap of faith that he got some super secret plan. And he said yesterday, We've done everything we can do".

I suspect they're unhappy about the letters from Pash repeatedly denying the Pat's request to correct the false PSI reports published on the site at the very least. Either way, in both posts to you, I acknowledge that I understand your dissatisfaction with Kraft's public handling of the situation. It is the hyperbole and foolish assumption that he's doing nothing behind the scenes that I took issue with.

Unless he has evidence that incriminates Goodell and/or other owners that he hasn't used, it's unlikely there is anything Kraft could do differently PUBLICLY that would improve his chances of getting the picks back. In such a case, the demand of an instance where a strategic public move aided in mitigating the penalties is unreasonable.

All that said, his public support of Goodell and the hugging BS make me sick.

You might be right that he's doing things behind the scenes. The problem is, whatever that might be, hasn't achieved a single positive outcome in all of this. The leagues started out assuming guilt due to ignorance. Bob demands an investigation. "Fine, here's a $5 million hit piece "proving" you did it"... "Here's your biggest penalty in the history of the league." Bob's response? "I will accept these penalties and not appeal." Since then, not a single reduction. The league keeps escalating their story about what they've proved Brady to be guilty of (using Bob's money to hire the best liars money can buy). They hide the evidence that would prove there was nothing unusual about the PSIs that night, even from the owners themselves. Bob's ultimate response...? "I blame the lawyers, but everyone else is doing a great job!"

We're going with the known facts, It's your side that requires a giant leap of faith that he got some super secret plan. And he said yesterday, We've done everything we can do".
My side eh? I would have preferred Kraft was more aggressive publicly and didn't back down on the appeal. That said, I'm not nearly foolish enough to assume that Kraft has done NOTHING behind the scenes. You are free to hold that believe if you choose to, I can't prove it wrong, but saying I'm taking a huge leap of faith that he's part of some super secret plan is a mischaracterization at best.

As I've said over and over. I UNDERSTAND peoples' dissatisfaction with Kraft's public handling of this situation. It is the hyberbole, foolish assumptions and mischaracterizations that I take issue with. The admission that we have zero visibility into what goes on behind the scenes is a far cry from believing in some "super secret plan". If you can't argue your point without loaded words and mischaracterizations, it's probably worth re-examining said position.

Get over it Andy ... move on ... the good Kraft has done far outweighs the bad and it's not even close.
we lost a friggin pick ... we will overcome it ... because that's what kind of an organization we have. Even if Kraft fought and/or appealed we would have lost the pick. The only way we recoup them is by Kraft muscling some power amongst owners. That Kraft continues to have his name slandered here in the forum by some members is disgusting IMO.

Not fighting for the draft picks was his own business decision. However, he should have done more to clear Brady's name. Without Brady there is no way the Patriots would have had a decade plus of dominance. Kraft building a website and writing a letter is nothing more than a fan driven PR move. He didn't put any heat on Goodell or the owners. I would have had respect for him if he at least tried to fight and lost, then to sit back and do nothing. Lastly, the fact that he still publicly endorses a commissioner that unjustly penalized his team and wrongfully targeted his best employee is shameful to say the least.

You might be right that he's doing things behind the scenes. The problem is, whatever that might be, hasn't achieved a single positive outcome in all of this. The leagues started out assuming guilt due to ignorance. Bob demands an investigation. "Fine, here's a $5 million hit piece "proving" you did it"... "Here's your biggest penalty in the history of the league." Bob's response? "I will accept these penalties and not appeal." Since then, not a single reduction. The league keeps escalating their story about what they've proved Brady to be guilty of (using Bob's money to hire the best liars money can buy). They hide the evidence that would prove there was nothing unusual about the PSIs that night, even from the owners themselves. Bob's ultimate response...? "I blame the lawyers, but everyone else is doing a great job!"
Good post. The whole situation sucks, and it's very unlikely the Pat's will ever get any reduction in penalty or admission of mistakes by the league. I think it's safe to assume that the Kraft's are taking a "long view" and are working to ensure that this type of witch hunt can't happen again. Unfortunately that's no guarantee that it won't happen again.

Good post. The whole situation sucks, and it's very unlikely the Pat's will ever get any reduction in penalty or admission of mistakes by the league. I think it's safe to assume that the Kraft's are taking a "long view" and are working to ensure that this type of witch hunt can't happen again. Unfortunately that's no guarantee that it won't happen again.

You misspelled malfeasance as "mistakes".

Hopefully not too many...

I think a double exclamation point is warranted in this situation.

If I were talking to Goodell face to face, I would put exclamation points at the ends of all of my sentences!

Nice try, but he's not changing teams, so does not apply.
Sure it does. When I think of bandwagon fans, I think of someone who doesn't generally follow a sport who jumps aboard when times are good for the local team. Like all the pink hats at Red Sox games.

And I have no doubt that all these people promising us they will stop watching after Bill and Tom retire will still be here if the new HC and QB are in the Super Bowl (heck, most of them will certainly still be here anyway).

My side eh? I would have preferred Kraft was more aggressive publicly and didn't back down on the appeal. That said, I'm not nearly foolish enough to assume that Kraft has done NOTHING behind the scenes. You are free to hold that believe if you choose to, I can't prove it wrong, but saying I'm taking a huge leap of faith that he's part of some super secret plan is a mischaracterization at best.

As I've said over and over. I UNDERSTAND peoples' dissatisfaction with Kraft's public handling of this situation. It is the hyberbole, foolish assumptions and mischaracterizations that I take issue with. The admission that we have zero visibility into what goes on behind the scenes is a far cry from believing in some "super secret plan". If you can't argue your point without loaded words and mischaracterizations, it's probably worth re-examining said position.
He's said we've done everything we can do. He's accepted punishment. He's praised Goodel. The draft is a few weeks away. I think having some blind faith that Kraft is doing anything of substance behind the scenes is incredibly naive.

Sure it does. When I think of bandwagon fans, I think of someone who doesn't generally follow a sport who jumps aboard when times are good for the local team. Like all the pink hats at Red Sox games.

And I have no doubt that all these people promising us they will stop watching after Bill and Tom retire will still be here if the new HC and QB are in the Super Bowl (heck, most of them will certainly still be here anyway).
He's been a fan since 1963, I think that disqualifies him as a bandwagon fan.

I'm starting to think that the pro goodell krafts is the real Kraft and everything he is saying about fighting the punishment is a or campaign.
Today amazingly he planted stories with Reiss and Howe. Reiss essentially arguing that the non actions of Kraft were actually everything he could do and everything he didn't do he shouldn't have bothered. And Howe mouthpiece get Kraft taking credit for big player signings.

I think since "ending the rhetoric" Kraft has simply been in a mission to make himself look better to the fans that feel he let them down for the sake of his billionaire buddies.

Yeah that's all it was. You were right about the letter.

The time to demand the picks back was when Goodell took them away.
Uh huh!!! Robert had it right with his first reaction in demanding an apology from the league.
$ince then Kraft'$ been ob$e$$ed with his $tature within the cabal of 32 and doing what'$ right by them.
Robert is writing private letters to the Commish as the Commish's own lawyer is in court mouthing the Commish's very own lies to the Appeals court in an effeort to mack down Tom Brady and we shouldn't be royally pissed off??
Robert is supposedly "very hurt" (per Tom E.) by the public criticism of his handling of this??

Dear Robert,

The NFL has spent the last year + crapping all over your organization and your QB, whom you profess to love like a son (maybe like son David?? Ouch!!!) , yet just yesterday you praise the Commish for his good works and his work ethic???
And then you wonder why fans are so angry??
What the hell is wrong with you, Robert Kraft??
Seems to me the more we learn about you, Robert Kraft, the more you fit right in with the kooks, drunks and degenerates that make up the Cabal of 32.
Above all else you are loyal to your money, your power and your cabal, Robert Kraft.
Disgusting!!!!!!

With regards,

RhodyPatriot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes