PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft "trying" to get 1st round pick back

Status
Not open for further replies.
You knew I was going for the Rhebein angle, didn't you? ;) Good call. Kraft, BTW, had a winning record with 4 playoff qualifications, 2 Div. titles and a SB appearence in his first 6 years before the Wonder Twins arrived. I can think of 25 teams off the top of my head that would take that "average" success. He also snatched BB from the hated Jets for a 1st no ones whining about now.

He kept the team here and built an empire. I'm dropping a solid 50% on Bob. This one scenario doesn't define his entire legacy in my book. He made a mistake and he's taken considerable (and deserved) heat for his mishandling of this entire episode. I still can't bring myself to totally hate on the guy as I've seen a few select others here do.

I'm not a rumpswab or whatever other descriptive adjective people want to label me as and I recognize the ire and consternation he's getting here is deserved to a degree but at the same time I haven't reached the level of pin-pricking a voodoo doll to vent my frustration at his handling of this whole affair, which is akin in it's effectiveness to all these potshots directed at him on a messageboard is in my eyes.

If Goodell ultimately is successful in getting Brady suspended I don't put that on Kraft. The loss of the 1st pisses me off and that is on him but him taking the stand or whatever in Brady's case would have been nothing more than a meaningless and forgotten gesture. Losing Brady for 4 games, IMO, is larger than pick #29. That is all on Goodell and his Jet flunkies at 345 Park Ave. Scumbags.

I think you're putting too much emphasis on Kraft. Calling him 50% responsible for the team's success gives him the same share as Brady and Belichick combined. No way will I ever believe that's the case. In fact, as I stated in my post, I don't think that Kraft and Belichick combined are nearly as responsible for the team's success as Tom Brady.

How great of an owner do you think Jim Irsay is for Indy? He's been the owner of a team that has also had much success and that clearly isn't because of his ownership.

Let's look at it another way. How many people are there in this world that you could put into Brady's spot and have as much success? I say none. How many people are there in this world that you could put into Kraft's spot and have as much success. I say plenty.

My take on all of this nonsense hasn't changed. I have always been a supporter of Bob Kraft. I'm not blaming him for what has happened but he is clearly at fault for how he has handled this and Crygate. Ironically, those two injustices were committed against the two people most responsible for the success of his team.

Kraft is Michael Corleone, young upstart owner.

Kensil is Bruno Tattaglia to Goodell's Phillip Tattaglia.

The Giants Mara is Barzini...with the other "families" headed by Rooney ,Richardson and Irsay.

Jerry Jones is Moe Green.

An analogy to be sure but one that DEMANDS a "night of Sicilian Vespers" for all these rotten, evil, money grubbing billionaire scumbags. What is needed is a Frank Pentangeli to come forward and testify in federal court delineating the organized crime that riddles the NFL.

Kraft as Michael Corleone is an interesting, thought providing comparison Joe.

Probably Michael's most famous quote from the Godfather was: "its not personal, Sonny. Its strictly business" (when discussing the plan for him to kill Sollozzo and McCluskey). IMHO the key to understanding everything about Kraft's actions and response is that to him the Patriots aren't a consuming personal passion like it is to us fans. It truly is "strictly business".

I've got to think that is the case with any super wealthy businessman, let alone a billionaire like Kraft. What makes a good businessman? It is leading with your head instead of your heart, and making it all about the money. A plant isn't profitable? Shut it down. A business is not profitable enough? Make it "leaner and meaner" (i.e., fire a bunch of people). That's just "good business".

My main investment is my house, I pour money into it, and if it increased in value by 2x before I sold it I would be extremely pleased. Now suppose that you invest in some type of property overseen by a business manager. It increases in value by EIGHT TIMES in 20 years. Not only that, instead of putting money into it, the property is absolutely making money so fast that you can hardly spend it. Would you think the business manager is doing a good job? Of course you would.

Kraft paid $175 million for the patriots. It is worth at least $1.4 billion now. The owners all cook the books to try to fool the NFLPA, but he has to be making so much money from the Patriots that he hardly knows how to spend it. Kraft says that Goodall is doing a good job? Of course he and the owners think so.

Its not personal. Its strictly business.

Last edited:

Probably Michael's most famous quote from the Godfather was: "its not personal, Sonny. Its strictly business" (when discussing the plan for him to kill Sollozzo and McCluskey). IMHO the key to understanding everything about Kraft's actions and response is that to him the Patriots aren't a consuming personal passion like it is to us fans. It truly is "strictly business".

I've got to think that is the case with any super wealthy businessman, let alone a billionaire like Kraft. What makes a good businessman? It is leading with your head instead of your heart, and making it all about the money. A plant isn't profitable? Shut it down. A business is not profitable enough? Make it "leaner and meaner" (i.e., fire a bunch of people). That's just "good business".

My main investment is my house, I pour money into it, and if it increased in value by 2x before I sold it I would be extremely pleased. Now suppose that you invest in some type of property overseen by a business manager. It increases in value by EIGHT TIMES in 20 years. Not only that, instead of putting money into it, the property is absolutely making money so fast that you can hardly spend it. Would you think the business manager is doing a good job? Of course you would.

Kraft paid $175 million for the patriots. It is worth at least $1.4 billion now. The owners all cook the books to try to fool the NFLPA, but he has to be making so much money from the Patriots that he hardly knows how to spend it. Kraft says that Goodall is doing a good job? Of course he and the owners think so.

I'm waiting for Goodell to be Santino on the Causeway. Dumbass who uses a hammer to kill an ant.

Been a Pats fan since 1963, I don't know how bandwagon fits into that.

Of course it doesn't fit. Like you I've been a fan of this team longer than many here have been alive. Probably longer than the internet tough guy who's throwing names at you.

I do think however that our reasons for leaving are different. I dislike how Kraft has handled both "gates" but he is not the reason I will dump the NFL once Brady is gone. When the people who administer the league are this corrupt I cannot continue to support their product.

Probably Michael's most famous quote from the Godfather was: "its not personal, Sonny. Its strictly business" (when discussing the plan for him to kill Sollozzo and McCluskey). IMHO the key to understanding everything about Kraft's actions and response is that to him the Patriots aren't a consuming passion like it is to us fans. It truly is "strictly business".

Kraft says that Goodall is doing a good job? Of course he and the owners think so.

The monetary success and popularity of the NFL has little to do with Roger Goodell.
Goodell is a puppet, a figurehead and anyone who read the transcripts of Brady's appeal knows he's not terribly bright.
And it is personal and not all business......just as it was for Michael Corleone.

It would be one thing if the owner was fighting against it, tooth and nail. As it is, he's as complicit as anyone. He makes railroading the team such a pleasant experience, why wouldn't they just do it again, and again, and again, etc., etc., etc.?
So you just come back to a site dedicated to the team he owns to whine about him again and again and again.

Whatever works for ya. :rolleyes:

Agreed. People don't generally make major decisions lightly.

People do not file for divorce after their 1st argument and people don't move out of a state/country after the 1st law that the government passes that they do not like.

I have been a Pats/NFL* fan for a long time, and it has taken a lot of offenses to make my support waver but I am just about there, and I can and will walk away from it when my breaking point is reached.

I know I am not alone in this, and I know there were some posters on Patsfans who said they were giving up on the NFL* last year, and I think some have been true to their word and not posted since.

I'm a little tired of all the BS myself.

Of course it doesn't fit. Like you I've been a fan of this team longer than many here have been alive. Probably longer than the internet tough guy who's throwing names at you.

I do think however that our reasons for leaving are different. I dislike how Kraft has handled both "gates" but he is not the reason I will dump the NFL once Brady is gone. When the people who administer the league are this corrupt I cannot continue to support their product.
Yet here you are and after Brady is gone if the team is still being successful you're saying you'll quit paying attention.

Unlikely.

For sure, if it wasn't for the rampant corruption in the league office, Kraft's foibles could be overlooked and minimized. Given that the team clearly needs a diligent steward to safeguard itself against being framed and penalized at every turn, his "go along to get along" strategy is not going to cut it.

1) How's everyone's off-season going...good??

2) uhh...no....

3)
brick-wall.jpg
1) Very good. The team that I am a fan of that made the Conference finals last year re-signed the GOAT QB for the next 4 years, made some key additions to all 3 squads and look poised for another run at a SuperBowl championship.

2) Did you spill something?

3)I believe that's a Flemish Bond pattern

Sure it does. When I think of bandwagon fans, I think of someone who doesn't generally follow a sport who jumps aboard when times are good for the local team. Like all the pink hats at Red Sox games.

And I have no doubt that all these people promising us they will stop watching after Bill and Tom retire will still be here if the new HC and QB are in the Super Bowl (heck, most of them will certainly still be here anyway).

Don't you mean the fans of a new HC* and QB* that were accused of cheating their way to a SB by (Insert Scandal here), were penalized ( insert draft picks and/or key player suspension here) and had to overcome (insert injury list or phantom penalty/non penalty list here) will still watch?

Not sure I agree with you.

He's said we've done everything we can do. He's accepted punishment. He's praised Goodel. The draft is a few weeks away. I think having some blind faith that Kraft is doing anything of substance behind the scenes is incredibly naive.

Given that Kraft wouldn't even comment on the response to the request for the picks back its safe to say that Kraft has zero influence with the league. Beyond that I wonder if Kraft is just completely clueless? According to Curran Kraft is very upset that Patriot fans are upset with his handling of deflategate. Really? Are you f.cking kidding me? Any Patriots fan with so much as a pulse knows full well that Roger Goodell is literally despised in New England, and that he is viewed as the worst commissioner in the history of professional sports. And who is out there hugging him, endorsing him, and publicly kissing his ass while he lies about the franchise, the GOAT, and does the dirty work for the other 31, Robert F.cking Kraft. All Kraft had to do was register his anger and say "no comment" when asked about Goodell and when he instead supports the scumbag Kraft is then mystified that Patriot fans are furious about it. He really must live in his billionaire bubble to not understand the response to his endorsement of Goodell, it's truly mindblowing. I tried to be reasonable about Kraft but after yesterday's public blowjob of Goodell there's no way I can ever support him again. Love the Patriots, Robert Kraft can go pound sand up his ass. I can't wait for Jonathan to take over.

Yet here you are and after Brady is gone if the team is still being successful you're saying you'll quit paying attention.

Unlikely.

It's a free country so you can believe whatever you want to believe.

Right now, at this point in time, I no longer pay attention to MLB and haven't for many years. This is in spite of the fact that as a youngster I played and coached the game and later spent my 30's and 40's teaching the game to the young people of our city. I don't miss MLB one bit.

When Brady is done I'll follow him out the door but I won't be leaving this site. I'll spend my time here reliving the memories of the NFL from the 1950's to the 2010's. I'm actually looking forward to the time when I can walk away. With each season the NYJFL get's harder and harder to support.

So you just come back to a site dedicated to the team he owns to whine about him again and again and again.

Whatever works for ya. :rolleyes:

He owns the team, he didn't invent them. Many if not the vast majority of fans on this site were Patriot fans before Kraft bought them, and in case you haven't noticed this is not the team site, which Kraft owns, it's a site Ian created for Patriot fans to discuss the team, and that's not limited to just the good. Robert Kraft already acknowledged he screwed up big time, what he apparently can't understand is that Patriot fans hate his good buddy the commissioner who is lying about the team and QB and then punishing them severely for those lies. How he doesn't understand this is beyond me, but every time he champions that piece of sh.t he is going to pay a very public price for it. That's on him, he should have shut his mouth but chose instead to tell us all how wonderful that POS Goodell is.

For sure, if it wasn't for the rampant corruption in the league office, Kraft's foibles could be overlooked and minimized. Given that the team clearly needs a diligent steward to safeguard itself against being framed and penalized at every turn, his "go along to get along" strategy is not going to cut it.

I see that many fans think that Jonathan is a fighter. I hope for their sake that he is.

I see that many fans think that Jonathan is a fighter. I hope for their sake that he is.

Not this one. I have no reason to believe that Jonathan wouldn't have done the same thing his father did, or won't in the future. The apple rarely falls far from the tree.

He owns the team, he didn't invent them. Many if not the vast majority of fans on this site were Patriot fans before Kraft bought them, and in case you haven't noticed this is not the team site, which Kraft owns, it's a site Ian created for Patriot fans to discuss the team, and that's not limited to just the good. Robert Kraft already acknowledged he screwed up big time, what he apparently can't understand is that Patriot fans hate his good buddy the commissioner who is lying about the team and QB and then punishing them severely for those lies. How he doesn't understand this is beyond me, but every time he champions that piece of sh.t he is going to pay a very public price for it. That's on him, he should have shut his mouth but chose instead to tell us all how wonderful that POS Goodell is.

I'll certainly give you that. Giving Goodell any amount of praise is puke worthy and he deserves to get flamed for that. I was a fan before Kraft bought the team as well, albeit I only go back to the late 70's and was more Bruin, Celtic and Sox fan as a kid.

He's been a fan since 1963, I think that disqualifies him as a bandwagon fan.
Oh, I wasn't accusing anyone specifically of being or not being a bandwagon fan. I was just disagreeing with the definition that a bandwagon fan jumps from team to team. I consider the term to be inclusive of people who root for a certain team during the good times, then disappear during the bad (but not necessary support a different team). Hence my usage of the term pink hats.

I'll certainly give you that. Giving Goodell any amount of praise is puke worthy and he deserves to get flamed for that. I was a fan before Kraft bought the team as well, albeit I only go back to the late 70's and was more Bruin, Celtic and Sox fan as a kid.

And that's what I am truly pissed off about. I have no idea how Kraft doesn't understand that to publicly support Goodell is to give every Patriot fan the middle finger, and I called their media relations department yesterday to make sure they got that message. While Roger Goodell is actively engaged in lying about, smearing, and punishing the Patriots based upon those lies and smears Robert Kraft is openly applauding the job he is doing. It literally defies belief, it does not get any more tone deaf than that. The only way Robert Kraft will ever get any credibility bank for many Patriot fans is to come out and publicly destroy Roger Goodell and promise to do everything in his power to have him removed and his cabal of @ssholes at Madison Avenue purged. Nothing short of that will do. Imo he doesn't even need to succeed he just needs to make it clear to everyone that he stands with his franchise and fans and against the scumbags who are engaged in a vendetta against them, and Goodell is the ringleader for those scumbag s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes