PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft and apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...y-the-new-england-patriots-owe-him-an-apology

In June, Mankins lashed out at Patriots' owner Robert Kraft. He questioned Kraft's integrity and openly expressed his dismay with the progress of contract negotiations.

Finally, about two weeks ago, the two sides met to hammer out a deal. The Patriots asked Mankins to apologize to Kraft. Mankins did, privately calling Kraft and speaking at length.

The Patriots then asked Mankins to issue a public apology. Mankins walked away from the table.

It's understandable why Kraft would be offended by Mankins' remarks and would want an apology. Kraft prides himself on being a players' owner and enjoys healthy relationships with most of the Patriots' roster. A personal attack on his integrity, especially by one of New England's most respected players, must have been extremely insulting.

But why would Kraft want a public apology?

The obvious answer, it appears, is that Kraft simply wanted to save face and preserve his vaulted image around the league. In doing so, Kraft was putting his own oversized ego ahead of the welfare of the team, something a supposed players' owner should never do.

Honestly, Kraft is just an emasculated douche, and it's true that his team as a business comes far ahead of the players......I just wonder if Brady gets this thing turned over, will he demands an apology from Kraft for leaving him hanging

Is anymone really surpised?

I'm sure that, behind doors, Kraft is apologizing his ass off to TB already..wonder if TB insists that apology be public, what would happen.

How to Choose Your Battles and Fight for What Actually Matters

Krafty chose to emasculate Mankins.
Krafty chose to genuflect to Goodell.

gen·u·flect
ˈjenyəˌflekt/
verb
  1. lower one's body briefly by bending one knee to the ground, typically in worship or as a sign of respect.
Brady is just another commodity to be manipulated for profit by Krafty

Last edited:
There is a Robert Kraft and a Robber Kraft

How to Choose Your Battles and Fight for What Actually Matters

Krafty chose to emasculate Mankins.
Krafty chose to genuflect to Goodell.

gen·u·flect
ˈjenyəˌflekt/
verb
  1. lower one's body briefly by bending one knee to the ground, typically in worship or as a sign of respect.
Brady is just another commodity to be manipulated for profit by Krafty

that line of people waiting on season tickets needs to go away........the problem is that Kraft is making too much money on his NFL venture ..... both he and Goodell knew it and that is why Kraft is doing his slurp-fest

Cheesus H Keerist.

As opposed to all other owners with less than a billion of their own money on the line, who only care about the players and never, ever care about making money.

never-never-land.jpg

People here really deserve the worst year of Billy Sullivan, victor Kiam, Art Modell or Jerry Jones and there are much worse. Imagine if Kraft ran off Belichick after two super Bowls cause he wanted to run the draft, like Jerry Jones did. Or if, because he was in such a mess in court, hired a certifiably insane person from the Jets to become head coach, trading NFL hall of famer Nick Buoniconti, among other ridiculous antics that deageed the team down for most of a decade.

I could go on and on, simply because there are tons of owners who have not done as well for their teams financially and decision wise as Kraft and everybody knows it.

Probably the same people who were so piously posting patches for his dead wife, who none of you knew.

and santa's just that fat homeless guy who's available for for a two week gig.

236027bf353a23aa7143e7f8da71f52c.jpg

Yes, Virginia, owners who invest over half a billion want to make money.

So because Kraft did a bunch of good things in the past we have no right to criticize him for doing an awful thing now?

F.uck that.

criticize him for the one thing he did you don't like.

It's almost as if one really huge awful thing can cancel out many smaller good things...

You guys keep bringing up decisions made by Kraft 15 years ago. Yes he made a great call in bringing in a GOAT head coach. Then he plain lucked into a GOAT QB. And yes it was brilliant on his part to recuse himself from most of the football operations during his tenure as owner. Those were great decisions and represented great judgement on his part. He was a fantastic owner.

Now I'm not sure if his priorities have changed or if he's just gotten too old for the job. But in case you didn't notice he kind of sold the legacy and reputation of said GOAT head coach and QB down the river for the "good" of the most corrupt sporting league in the United States. And then told us fans that it was for our own good.

Last edited:
criticize him for the one thing he did you don't like.

Not just one thing...
1) Turteling on Spygate punishment
2) Defending Goodell's Ray Rice fiasco
3) Kicking noisy working class fans out of the EZ to build a $$$ yuppie paradise
4) Talking one way on Deflategate and then caving once any pressure to his precious net worth & social status was threatened

The big problem is anyone is allowed a big mistake so I let #1 pass for years. Then suddenly we get 2,3,4.
That's a strikeout.

People here really deserve the worst year of Billy Sullivan, victor Kiam, Art Modell or Jerry Jones and there are much worse. Imagine if Kraft ran off Belichick after two super Bowls cause he wanted to run the draft, like Jerry Jones did. Or if, because he was in such a mess in court, hired a certifiably insane person from the Jets to become head coach, trading NFL hall of famer Nick Buoniconti, among other ridiculous antics that deageed the team down for most of a decade.

I could go on and on, simply because there are tons of owners who have not done as well for their teams financially and decision wise as Kraft and everybody knows it.

Probably the same people who were so piously posting patches for his dead wife, who none of you knew.

and santa's just that fat homeless guy who's available for for a two week gig.

236027bf353a23aa7143e7f8da71f52c.jpg

Yes, Virginia, owners who invest over half a billion want to make money.

I lived through Victor Kiam and the Sullivans. No need to tell me what that's like.

And the line about Kraft's wife could have been left out. If it wasn't for her family business Bob might not have had the millions to buy the team and make you so happy.

I get it now. This is you singing about Kraft. Pardon the gender;

And this is me;

Now that the FBI got involved (after ?20? Years of corruption) and got Blatter to resign, can they please feel emboldened and go after the NFL ?

People here really deserve the worst year of Billy Sullivan, victor Kiam, Art Modell or Jerry Jones and there are much worse.

I don't see why you and some of the other apologists continue to get offended by people being legitimately pissed off at Kraft. Does it erase everything he's done for the franchise? No. Will he ever be viewed the same after this? No.

The facts are the guy that he hand picked as commissioner screwed him and then he hugged it out with the duplicitous prick. He waxed poetically about being a member of the 32 and then threw in a trust me and it's all about the fans. Sorry but that's BS. He can't screw over the fans and his star QB and still be Aluminum Seat Bob. That fallacy is dead. He's not a fan first He's a businessman. Is that different than the other 31? Nope, but don't sell us that bill of goods going forward.

If you don't have an issue with Kraft that's your right but don't act like people don't have the right to call him out.

Side note I haven't bought any product by an NFL sponsor or partner since Goodell handed down his ruling and I haven't bought anything from a Patriot's one since Bob bent over. Gatorade, Gillette and NFLN have been the biggest changes so far but I'll be in the new car market soon and Toyota and Ford will not get my business even though they have models I would have considered.

Also a friend I used to always meet at Patriot Place for lunch we've switched to Legacy Place and I've moved business lunches away from Patriot Place as well.

Last edited:
I don't see why you and some of the other apologists continue to get offended by people being legitimately pissed off at Kraft. Does it erase everything he's done for the franchise? No. Will he ever be viewed the same after this? No.

The facts are the guy that he hand picked as commissioner screwed him and then he hugged it out with the duplicitous prick. He waxed poetically about being a member of the 32 and then threw in a trust me and it's all about the fans. Sorry but that's BS. He can't be screw over the fans and his star QB and still be Aluminum Seat Bob. That fallacy is dead. He's not a fan first He's a businessman. Is that different than the other 31? Nope, but don't sell us that bill of goods going forward.

If you don't have an issue with Kraft that's your right but don't act like people don't have the right to call him out.

Side note I haven't bought any product by an NFL sponsor or partner since Goodell handed down his ruling and I haven't bought anything from a Patriot's one since Bob bent over. Gatorade, Gillette and NFLN have been the biggest changes so far but I'll be in the new car market soon and Toyota and Ford will not get my business even though they have models I would have considered.

Also a friend I used to always meet at Patriot Place for lunch we've switched to Legacy Place and I've moved business lunches away from Patriot Place as well.

Be pissed off at whoever you want. He was pissed off too. Fat lot of good it did him.

I'm fine with people being pissed off, just saying that being pissed off and being able to do something about it short term, often don't go together in life.

Be pissed off at whoever you want. He was pissed off too. Fat lot of good it did him.

I'm fine with people being pissed off, just saying that being pissed off and being able to do something about it short term, often don't go together in life.
He sure didn't seem pissed on when he was hugging the POS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back