PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kony Ealy - bold prediction, won't make roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, my guess is the Pats judged the market before losing Rivers for the year. I would be totally surprised if they get rid of Ealy unless they trade for a guy or possibly two who can make some sort of impact at DE as either a potential starter or a significant role player.

For one, as stated in the new thread on this tweet, it's oddly worded and doesn't mean he's still being shopped or will actually end up being traded.

For another, I don't think anyone is ridiculing your opinions for being ultimately wrong, they're ridiculing your opinions for being embarrassingly premature.

I don't think it was premature, perhaps it was visionary?

Always sceptical about stories for the sake of causing a stir. My feeling is, if he plays tonight it's a b.s. story. If he sits they're probably are trying to move him.

And there it is. So much for everyone ridiculing me for this thread and for having the audacity to suggest Ealy won't make the roster.

Pats are gauging trade market for Ealy aka trying to get a 6th or 7th round for someone they paid the equivalent of 4th round a few months ago. Most likely they won't get any offers and will just have to dump him.

Ealy is already dead man walking.

"Have gauged" does not equal "are gauging."

You're not alone in the mis-translation of the original tense. Members of the media have already done the same.

When you predict doom at the first sign of possible trouble in every situation you come across, it's not a vision the one time you get it right.

I was not aware that this poster was a regular doom and gloomer. I rarely predict gloom, yet I kind of agreed with the OP. For example,

I believed in Ras-I Dowlings ability to bounce back
I thought Jordan Richards would pan out

I was not aware that this poster was a regular doom and gloomer. I rarely predict gloom, yet I kind of agreed with the OP. For example,

I think that is just basic optimism and there is nothing wrong with that.

Dowling had a few good moments in a NE uniform but clearly he couldn't succeed here ( or in the NFL)

Richards . Nice kid. Smart. However he can't take what is in his brain and have his body do what it needs it to. Bad angles. Slow reactions. He needs something you just can't teach. Shame too. He started off camp playing his s$$ off but its clear he is nothing more than a bottom of the roster JAG who most likely will be cut.

It wasn't a steep price. It was the equivalent of a late 4th round pick. It isn't nothing, but not that steep. Many 4th rounders don't stick with this team for more than a year or two.

It's funny, when the Pats got Ealy, everyone said the Pats got him for next to nothing. And now that he might not stick, it is a steep price.

Either way, if you give a 4th rounder to get someone and he doesn't make the roster, it's very disappointing. e.g. if we draft a rookie with a 4th rounder and he doesn't make the roster, it's disappointing. It's not criminal like losing a 2nd/3rd rounder, but still disappointing.

I'm also not aware that I was a regular doom and gloomer........... lol ....... what?!?!

We should probably not be too hasty to speak of him in the past tense, but he came as advertised... he doesn't take coaching well.

Either way, if you give a 4th rounder to get someone and he doesn't make the roster, it's very disappointing. e.g. if we draft a rookie with a 4th rounder and he doesn't make the roster, it's disappointing. It's not criminal like losing a 2nd/3rd rounder, but still disappointing.

Sure it is disappointing, but what if the Pats were going to select Rivers in the second round if they didn't make the trade. If Rivers were their pick whether they stayed in the second or when they traded back with Carolina, then they really didn't give up anything. They got the guy they wanted and got to take a shot on Ealy.

Can't even get on the field

"Have gauged" does not equal "are gauging."

You're not alone in the mis-translation of the original tense. Members of the media have already done the same.

Please could you elaborate? Since I don't see the distinction. Unless your point is only that of Patriots having completed the action in the past (past tense) as opposed to my implication that the process is ongoing (present tense).

When you predict doom at the first sign of possible trouble in every situation you come across, it's not a vision the one time you get it right.

And since when am I a constant doom monger? Please elaborate or provide examples before making a statement like that.

I was really excited about him coming in but he has been a total ghost

And since when am I a constant doom monger? Please elaborate or provide examples before making a statement like that.

some doom & gloom prognosticator must have hijacked your account

BB praised ealy in the pregame show. Said he has improved each week both in practice and in games.

... Patriots having completed the action in the past (past tense) as opposed to my implication that the process is ongoing (present tense).

This.

A second source later appeared to confirm that the Pats had checked into Ealy's trade value "over the summer."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe