PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Know what really grinds my gears?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree more, but would like to defend my own hyperbole re Alexander. He's awful - not based on a preseason game or two, but on years of watching hin stink. A serviceable STs guy, I guess, but I'm DONE watching him take up a roster spot.

I'm not insinuating that everyone should write a masters thesis to support their opinion but a pertinent observation or two would be nice IMO.

Fred, I loath politcal correctness. My point isn 't don't be critical. My point is be critical, but give us your reason as to why you are critical.

Sorry if I offended. It is important to be respectful in such discussions and sometime I stray over the line.

Everyone has their own tastes in message boards. This particular discussion has been rather entertaining; the comment by DGameguy saying that "this isn't exactly the Algonquin Round Table" was one of the wittiest and amusing I have ever read here.

Complaining about hyperbole or knee jerk reactions in any discussion about sports is like jumping in a pool and complaining that you got wet.

Last edited:
This is hilarious but you have to take 90% of what you read her with a grain of salt, most of it is fanatic fans venting.

I'd add 10% to that 90% and then you'd be a bit more accurate.

Totally off topic, but this is the most dramatic post I've ever seen on a message board. Which is a compliment :)

Wow, that was VERY gracious, Bro. Thank ye KINDLY. :D

A hard time beating The Dolphins in the playoffs? You're worried about getting past The Colts, Ravens,... & Dolphins?

Huh? Wazzat?
Must be one of those 3rd grade things when they give you 3 pictures of sumpthin' and ask you "Now, which one doesn't belong alongside the other two?"

The only way The Pats are EVER gonna face The Dolphins in the playoffs in January is if you get into a time machine and go back to the January of 1986.

Holy crap. Worried about getting past Miami come playoff time. That one sure came outta left field this morning. Must be hallucinating from the hangover.

Yes, the majority will agree with your take on that ~ though most won't disagree as cogently as you just did, which IS appreciated, by the way!! :D ~ just as the majority agreed that my prediction that the Fish would probably NOT make the playoffs, LAST year ~ when many had them in the Super Bowl ~ was out of left field. :cool:

And while I'm at it: The Jets will probably not make the playoffs, this year...for pretty much the same reasons the Fish didn't, LAST year.

But watch out for them, NEXT year.

Sorry if I offended. It is important to be respectful in such discussions and sometime I stray over the line.

Everyone has their own tastes in message boards. This particular discussion has been rather entertaining; the comment by DGameguy saying that "this isn't exactly the Algonquin Round Table" was one of the wittiest and amusing I have ever read here.

Concur!! :D

Long time lurker PGriffHatesMeg asked me to post this reminder

Copyrighted Material Policy

Anyone know who the frig this dude is, and why he's not bothering Deus :)rocker: ) or the like with such an inane request?

Other than that, seems to me the lack of proper emoticons on posts causes a lot of problems of this powder keg of a board. But hey, wtf? :eek:

The title of this thread made me smile. Thank you for that.
This board has a lot of garbage on it and that's to be expected given A) that any one can post here and B) the Patriots emote a great deal of passion and that this passion gets injected into most of the discussions. Especially when someone says something particularly dumb, which happens here all the time. Its too bad that we have to constantly wade through the threads that have devolved into pissing matches between a few posters. Its a shame that threads are often high jacked by ego and intolerance, etc.
But, if you have patience and can exercise tolerance, there are some exceptional posters here who make this site an extraordinary information source.
Focus on them and forget about the inane and the misguided, of which there is so much.

If you love the Pats, there is no better place to go to for info and to learn about the team, than this web site. Period!

there are some exceptional posters here who make this site an extraordinary information source.
Focus on them and forget about the inane and the misguided, of which there is so much.

If you love the Pats, there is no better place to go to for info and to learn about the team, than this web site. Period!

Agreed

10 characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back