PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

King trade scenario (FWIW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we all know that there is extra risk attached to future picks this year. But do you play ostrich and refuse to position yourself for 2012 & 2013 drafts which probably WILL happen? Much smarter, I think, to offset the risk by demanding a "risk premium" in the trade.

Yes, we all know that there is extra risk attached to future picks this year. But do you play ostrich and refuse to position yourself for 2012 & 2013 drafts which probably WILL happen? Much smarter, I think, to offset the risk by demanding a "risk premium" in the trade.

Add a clause, if No 2012 draft, the Patriots receive all Al Davis' gold chains and pinky rings

Add a clause, if No 2012 draft, the Patriots receive all Al Davis' gold chains and pinky rings

Throw in the filthy track suit and you got a deal.

What 2012 Draft? Please show me where the new CBA has been done and there will be a Draft as we know it? If the 2011 season is wiped out or if the players win and Kessler has his way, how do they figure out the 2012 Draft?
DW Toys

If there isnt going to be a draft anymore then why are the owners pushing for a rookie salary cap? Makes no sense to even discuss the rookie cap if 2012 is going to be a free for all with no draft. The whole premise of the rookie cap is to limit just how much top tier players can receive in their initial contracts.

The owners would never agree to the wild west method of highest bidder for new players entering the NFL and we might as all start following soccer right now.

If there isnt going to be a draft anymore then why are the owners pushing for a rookie salary cap? Makes no sense to even discuss the rookie cap if 2012 is going to be a free for all with no draft. The whole premise of the rookie cap is to limit just how much top tier players can receive in their initial contracts.

The owners would never agree to the wild west method of highest bidder for new players entering the NFL and we might as all start following soccer right now.

It has been emphatically stated to each Team by the League, your are at risk trading into 2012, but here is the good(sic?)news...........
The Judge who probably has never seen a football has ruled in favor of the players......so long Draft as we know it if it keeps going that way. At least NOW we won't have to hear any crap about trading into 2012. And the fact as Teams will not have FA to fall back on solidifies this scenario.
Nobody in their right mind should Trade into 2012.

Now the League fights with the appeal. That goes into July at the least. Don't worry about taking your vacation in Sept. No football at least until October if this follows the courts snail pace.

Good job Judge Judy!

There might be a Draft but perhaps not anything as we know it now. This affirms the players tort that the NFL is in violation of anti-trust. Therefor, the Players can keep winning in court and all hell breaks loose with no more FA or Draft because it is in violation of anti-trust laws and If BB starts stacking for 2012 he knows something that the world or the courts do not.

Ya know what, I am starting to love the idea of replacement players. I could give two cents for any of these bums.

DW Toys

Last edited:
Someone looking to get a QB. Maybe Tennessee or even Cincy as a dark horse. Rookie QB & AJ Green in the first? Oh my!

The Titans 2nd and a 1st next year is a obviously a great deal but at some point the Patriots need to use the picks instead of deferring to move up some the following year. I realize they need to keep positioning themselves for flexibility in upcoming drafts and don't want to be compromised in them but i also feel like the Brady era has about 5 years left and i would like to see them go for it and try to take as many Championships as possible during it.

I think it is almost certain they will trade #33 and would like to see them move up at least once in the first and come away with 2 really good prospects.

Someone looking to get a QB. Maybe Tennessee or even Cincy as a dark horse. Rookie QB & AJ Green in the first? Oh my!

Bingo! We've got bingo!

I figure it's Cincy. I cant imagine them passing on AJ Green

28 = 39 + 2012 1st to move ahead of a lot of other QB-wanting teams is fair value in my opinion.

And you would be wrong. :)

660 Points for 510 Points + 500 Points would be HIGHWAY ROBBERY. :eek:

If King thinks that that's likely, then he's a complete buffoon.

This recent frenzy to imagine that bad teams are going to to trade us what may very well be a Top 10 Pick in 2012 just to move up from #41 or #39 to #28 is very amusing to me.

I will, however, back off on my previous declaration and stipulate that there is ONE chance in Hell that that transpires. :snob:

After all: Brady Quinn.

MIND you: that was a classic Aaron Rodgers Syndrome situation, where a QB who'd been in consideration for the #1 Overall Pick dropped precipitously...

Might History repeat itself, with Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert tumbling into the late 20's ~ or might Jake Locker, himself, a possible #1, last year, trigger a similar reaction?? :eek:

Damned unlikely...but...not impossible.
thinking%20about.gif

The Titans 2nd and a 1st next year is a obviously a great deal but at some point the Patriots need to use the picks instead of deferring to move up some the following year. I realize they need to keep positioning themselves for flexibility in upcoming drafts and don't want to be compromised in them but i also feel like the Brady era has about 5 years left and i would like to see them go for it and try to take as many Championships as possible during it.{QUOTE}

I want to trade into next year for one reason only. The offensive line talent. There are about 5 or 6 lineman with true 1st round grades, 2 of them being a center. If we get lucky and hit the jackpot and get into the top 5 we could get Kalil. Or later Martin,Reiff,r,Massie Adams to name a bunch. There are still other good ones out there in the additional rounds.

Brewster I could easily see as the next replacement to Koppen at center with Ben Jones as a contingency plan. Next year is the year to replace Light and Koppen and why I really want an additional 1st rounder or more.

I agree with the idea that this rumor makes sense if it's for #17... an early 2nd plus a 2012 1st. The trade values work out better.

Works for a team that wants Locker, assuming he's there. I've actually been warming to the kid and think he'll be a legit pro.

And it works for us, because
(1) I cant think of a single player that we'd be interested in at 17, unless Amukamura drops that far... wont happen.
(2) It's premium compensation for a pick that we wouldn't be able to get good value if we used it on a player. The pick in the 2nd could be for a player like Watkins or Leshoure... solid quality, good pricetag.
(3) And the 1st in 2012 could be a top-10 pick with a rookie QB running the show.

TOTALLY worth it.

If we pick at 28 (Wilkerson, yes please!), 33 (Watkins), 40ish (Leshoure), 60 (Reed), we'd be pretty stoked. And then, if BB trades one of our 3rd for a 2nd next year, we've got a solid draft class in 2011 plus two 1st and two 2nds again next year... and do it all over again! Perpetual motion machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes