PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking Down the #33 Trade Scenarios

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote load up for 2012, then use some of those picks to trade for veteran studs when the trade ban gets lifted...examples:Moss, Welker, Dillon
this is my train of thought too.

The Perfect Storm scenario:

The Patriots convince Buffalo that teams want to trade up to #33 for a QB ahead of Buffalo. BB explains that he still wants to stay near the top of the round, but the compensation being offered is very sweet. BB asks for a #34 plus a 2012 #3 for #33 from Buffalo.
Result: Buffalo picks a QB, eliminating a round #2 option.
The Patriots sit at #34 ready to initiate the process all over again. With limited QB options, the price has now gone up. Hello Mr. Snyder....give me your #2 now plus your #2 next year. DONE
Now BB is drunk with satisfaction.....speaking of drunk...."Mr. Belichick, Al Davis is on the phone". "Hey Al, how's that new lung working for you." "Cut the sh**, Belichick, I gotta have that #47 of yours." Al, give me next years #1 and I won't ask for more." "You a cold son a of *****....my kind of coach......DONE

Final Tally...
#34= 2012 picks in Round 1, Round2, Round 3....all from crappy teams depending on rookie QBs...Therefore, reasonable to assume that these picks will be in the top halves of every round.

Speaking of drunk..... nice post.

This is actually quite possible:

#33 ~ OakLand ~ #81 + Raiders 2011 1st Rounder.

The Raiders ~ new Head Coach, crappy QB ~ deserve a second chance to deliver us a Top 5 Pick, don't you think?? :D

The only problem is I don't want yet another 3rd round pick in this stinky draft. How many backup OGs and WRs do we need to load up on?

If you insist on abusing Al Davis, I would to this: 33+60 for 48+2012 1st.

Rather keep the pick and draft a player that will have an impact this year.

Why not both ---
Trade #33 to somewhere between #34 and 40, and pick up either a 2011 4th rounder or a 2012 3rd rounder, and still most likely get the guy that they are targetting while also getting more ammo.

I'm not sold on a massive move down (defined as going below #45) unless there is a king's ransom (2012 1st, a 2011 2nd AND something else....) but a small tactical move/pickpocketing, I am a fan of that idea.

You left out SF @ 45

#33 & #159

for

#45, #108, #115 & #190

is a perfect fit based on the value chart

Throw out the draft value chart - it's irrelevant for #33 - this year even more so than other years.

One might even make the case that #33 is worth more than #28 given the teams that need a QB and would need to leapfrog ahead of the Bills and Bengals.

Given all that, the "value chart" starts with what the Pats got for #28. (33 might as well be a 1st rounder - if someone wants it I'd expect that BB wants their 2012 first rounder - top 10 protected perhaps - plus a good pick this year)

I'm thinking this is going to be moot point and that BB will use the pick - Jabaal Sheard being the most recent rumor via Reiss and others... though leaking that nugget of info out there might be a ruse to get other teams who need to get in front of the Bills and Bengals to up the ante as well.

Last edited:
The only problem is I don't want yet another 3rd round pick in this stinky draft. How many backup OGs and WRs do we need to load up on?

THIS is my a dream scenario. DO IT AL.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

I'm thinking this is going to be moot point and that BB will use the pick - Jabaal Sheard being the most recent rumor via Reiss and others... though leaking that nugget of info out there might be a ruse to get other teams who need to get in front of the Bills and Bengals to up the ante as well.

Just to be precise, Sheard at #33 isn't a rumour. It's who Reiss thinks Belichick will pick at #33. He's had him mocked to the Patriots at #28 for a month now.

Just to be precise, Sheard at #33 isn't a rumour. It's who Reiss thinks Belichick will pick at #33. He's had him mocked to the Patriots at #28 for a month now.

Michale Smith said on ESPN his gut feeling is the Pats keep the pick an go either Sheard or Brooks. So while it's "his gut", Michael Smith has demonstrated some insider knowledge of the Patriots' draft board.

I think everybody's overlooking the obvious ;)plan: Patriots are going to trade 33 and both '12 first rounders to the Cards for Fitzgerald and the Cards' '12 second-rounder. :rocker:

This is actually quite possible:

#33 ~ OakLand ~ #81 + Raiders 2011 1st Rounder.

The Raiders ~ new Head Coach, crappy QB ~ deserve a second chance to deliver us a Top 5 Pick, don't you think?? :D

Who's talking about backup Ogs and WRs?? :confused:

There is a LOAD of talent coming in the 3rd Round. :cool:

However, I would be VERY happy if your scenario transpired.

Ok guys.. we have had time to soak in last night and regardless of how you feel.. let's focus on #33 and possible trade partners.

Teams of Need for QB
#34 -- Buffalo
#35 -- Bengals
#38 -- Cardinals
#45 -- San Fran
#41/49 -- Redskins
#48 -- Raiders
#57 -- Seahawks

I would say Andy Dalton is the key here.. because he has been rumored to the Bills and Def for Bengals.

Sure you have Mallet and Kapernick but Dalton is the one Teams want.. I could see us really getting quite a haul.

2 Scenarios could happen we trade down to Cardinals etc and pick up 2012 high round pick or we could trade to Washington and take both of there 2011 second round picks.. things to think about!

The Washington trade would be awesome. I live close enough to get DC sports radio and those guys were gabbing about Kaepernick, for what that's worth.

I'd love to trade with the cardinals or Bengals but historically those teams make the fewest draft day trades. But it should keep us in the running for Brandon Harris (love that dude).

I'd put my money on a trade with San Francisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back