PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keys to beating Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gostkowski for 3

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I think the main key is protecting Brady. If we do that well, i think we win fairly easily (14-28 pt victory) what do you guys think the main key(s) are?

big key...be winning by more than 10 with 10 min left..don't let him come back

Getting ahead early and forcing Denver into playing from behind. I'm quite thankful this one is at Gillette. I would have been uneasy seeing them play out there again.

Last edited:
have to stop the run. cant let them run like they did last time and throw like they did today vs the steelers.

have to stop the run. cant let them run like they did last time and throw like they did today vs the steelers.

chung and spikes are back. seriously, we couldn't tackle in the first quarter last time. tebow completely undressed ninkovich.

It's simple. Protect Brady and don't let up the big play and we golden.

Do not fall behind early like they did against Denver and last couple of weeks.

Yup. Protect TFB, and on defense, keep a spy on Tebow to force him to stay inside and not try and break one out on us.

Run up the score early on Denver, and don;'t take the foot off the gas pedal until the clock hits zero.

I say we stay the course...

1. Pray to Satan for victory.

2. Disciplined run defense.

3. Play the 4-man front, with no man coverage out back; bump and whine at LOS. Create big pressure with blankets beyond the 5-yard.

42. Hail Satan!

showing up.

Well, that's what the Steelers thought in OT, and Tebow passed the ball to Thomas in a crossing route. No Safety help.. TD. Broncos win.

Key is not necessarily to stop the run, but, "know your assignments" and do not deviate..

The steelers had 9 in the box, Pats play their bend don't break.

the squealer O isn't the Pats O, a healthy Rothlisberger is, T Brady much less a hobbled O.

We don't have to worry about the RB catching dump-off passes because Tebow either has no interest in checking it down or can't.

I say we stay the course...

1. Pray to Satan for victory.

2. Disciplined run defense.

3. Play the 4-man front, with no man coverage out back; bump and whine at LOS. Create big pressure with blankets beyond the 5-yard.

42. Hail Satan!

Why would the Pats play the 4 man front that Tebow tore apart last time???

-Protect Brady
-Double Cover Demaryius Thomas at all times
-Don't turn the ball over

The steelers had 9 in the box, Pats play their bend don't break.

the squealer O isn't the Pats O, a healthy Rothlisberger is, T Brady much less a hobbled O.

:confused: :confused:

Please try this sentence again.

Memo to the defense: DO YOUR JOB!

Don't worry about your teammates job. If your teammate doesn't make the tackle it's a good bet it's because the ball carrier bounced away from him and is headed towards you (or at least towards where you're supposed to be). Don't abandon your assignment to chase things you think you see. Front seven stay in your lane and DBs stick with your man until the whistle blows or Tebow is clearly past the line of scrimmage. Contain Tebow in the pocket. Tebow makes too many things happen when the called play breaks down and defenders get out of position chasing...stuff.

Memo to the offense: Bombs away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes