PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kenny Britt is reportedly visiting Patriots Sunday 3/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kenny Britt is reportedly visiting Patriots tomorrow

He has produced at #1 level... that career year he had he had 42 catches for 775 (18.5 YPC) and 9 TDs. That was in 12 games. Prorate that to a full 16 games you get 56 catches 1,033 yards and 12 TDs; on a crappy team with Matt Hasselbeck throwing to him. Guy was big plays waiting to happen.

I refuse to believe that the knee injury bled him dry of all potential. Plenty of guys have come back from ACL injury and he is only 25! IMO after he got injured, he got in trouble off the field and was never able to regain his focus on football. I also think the new coaching staff never really gave him a fair shot to play after Fisher left. All of this combined contributed to his lack of effort, success, and opportunity that last two years or so.

THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF A GUY WHO NEEDS A CHANGE OF SCENERY.

If you watch any of his tape from 2009-2011 this guy is exactly what we need, a strong outside presence who can make contested catches outside the numbers and can get vertical.

LaFell is solid, but Britt's potential is on another level. In can't hurt to give him a one year deal for vet minimum with incentives and give him a chance to make the roster in TC. We have a strong locker room with plenty of leaders and a coaching staff that can keep him in line. Also doesn't hurt that a number of his college teammates are on the roster.

I didn't say he stunk, but even exptrapolating the best year of his career doesn't get you a true #1 receiver.
I'm all for a one year vet minimum, just saying the idea that this guy is another Moss, or even a reliable #1 threat, is way overrating him.

He's got potential and I think he knows better than to pull that instagram thing here, in fact he wouldn't have the opportunity to because he wouldn't be missing meetings because BB and Brady will be riding him.

If he messes up, cut him in TC and there will be no harm done.

Invite anyone to camp, just don't give him a cent of guaranteed money more than you have to. Revis and Browner could use someone to practice on, anyway.

Potential? lol. Here's his offensive coordinator last year, when he had more drops and penalties than catches, on the subject.

Kenny Britt, selected No. 30 overall in the 2009 draft, was supposed to be the Titans No. 1 receiver of the future. But after numerous legal run-ins and some mediocre play on the field, it's unclear what Tennessee will do next with him...

On the season, Britt has six catches for 52 yards, both stats rank him sixth on the team. Neither total reflects great on a receiver who's in the middle of a contract year.

“We're gonna have to reassess everything at this point. We'll evaluate after we watch the tape,” Tennessee offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains said, via the Titans Insider. “Obviously, I'm not gonna hide anything. He had probably three drops in the game. The one that bothered me most was when it was 17-13, and you've got third and 2, and you've got to make that play. We dropped the ball, and it puts you in a tough spot. We were moving the football. We had kind of flipped the field again, and that hurt us.”

On the day, Britt was targeted six times by quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. He made one catch for nine yards. But what about his potential?

Unfortunately for Britt, it might not be that easy to find a trade partner who wants to accept a player who's had plenty of off-the-field issues but who doesn't do much when he's actually on the field.

Potential just means you haven't done anything,” Loggains said.

So anyone who hasn't actually been arrested in the last two years is low risk? That would include a lot of ex cons on parole. How did he play last year? How did he rehab his injury? Did he get fined for not going to his rehab appointment and post on instagram that he was sick of this f***g s*t? Less than two years, BTW.

Had procedures on both knees and 11 catches last year.
So are you trying to say it's a high risk signing?

I don't think he'll be commanding much in the way of money so that's why I would describe it as a lower risk signing.

So are you trying to say it's a high risk signing?

I don't think he'll be commanding much in the way of money so that's why I would describe it as a lower risk signing.

I'm saying it's a waste of time, it likely just depends on how much time.

If the team thinks I'm wrong, so be it, but I differentiate between having a troubled past and being an incurable dumbass, and I think he's shown himself to inhabit the latter category.

Any indication he's going to be a good team mate and smart player within the system would be appreciated.

Health - two bad knees

Recent performance, more drops and penalties than catches last year, healthy scratch multiple games.

Attitude - Goes on instagram with his fine for not rehabbing his knee and says he's sick of the f'n sh't on a public forum.

Arrested, stopped etc. 9 times since in the league including being arrested for resisting arrest because he had something in his hand the same day he pleaded guilty to something else.

Seems hated by the fans of the team he played for.

How good is he? Never caught more than 45 balls.

hasn't been in trouble in almost two years, have a strong organization, and he knows this would be his last shot... low risk

I'm all for second chances. I haven't seen anything that looked like an overtly violent act from what I briefly looked up. BTW though, it's been a little over a year, not almost 2. With that being said, I agree, he's gotta know he's used up his 9 lives.

Kenny Britt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"On January 13, 2013, Britt's close personal friend was involved in a stabbing, and reportedly drove him to the Jersey City Medical Center. When police attempted to ask Britt about the incident, he was allegedly not willing to cooperate. The incident marks the ninth time Britt was involved with police since he joined the NFL."

That's in four years.

I believe the locker room presence thing is overrated when it comes to thugs. Hernandez put a dent in our armour. The Patriot Way got challenged. Don't get desperate Pats. Doing something good here with all the recent signings. Keep the distractions away.....

I believe the locker room presence thing is overrated when it comes to thugs. Hernandez put a dent in our armour. The Patriot Way got challenged. Don't get desperate Pats. Doing something good here with all the recent signings. Keep the distractions away.....

Hernandez was not a bad locker room presence from what I understand.

I heard he threatened to beat the crap out of Wes when he wouldn't help him with the film machine to the point where guys had to restrain AH

What I mean is our locker room will have no influence on a thug from acting out on the outside world. We have taken on the likes of Dillon, Moss, Talib. Malcontents looking for a scenery change. Locker room presence aids them individuals. But Britt is a few levels above malcontent.

Outside of the WWW incident, I understand he was a non-presence. Skipped out right away to hang out with his Bristol buddies, kinda anti-social...whether that's bad or not is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Outside of the WWW incident, I understand he was a non-presence. Skipped out right away to hang out with his Bristol buddies, kinda anti-social...whether that's bad or not is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Bad means adversely affecting the atmosphere. I imagine lots of the younger players would rather socialize.

I guess this Britt has some athletic ability but damn, he has crap production and brains and character below sea level.

Kenny Britt's most important stat...
Arrests (since entering the NFL): 9

No Thanks - why are we even wasting our time with this guy?

Kenny Britt's most important stat...
Arrests (since entering the NFL): 9

No Thanks - why are we even wasting our time with this guy?

Do I really have to say it? Do I? Fine. I'll say it:

Because he went to Rutgers.

I heard AH during TC as a rookie was walking around Gillette like he was a seasoned veteran. Very smug until one of the big guys pulled him aside and told him to cut the crap.

I'd love to know who did that, and hope that attitude still exists in the locker room.

Do I really have to say it? Do I? Fine. I'll say it:

Because he went to Rutgers.

You know, I know the Rutgers pipe line to Foxboro gets made fun of a lot around here, but if you really think about it, its kinda worked out so far.

Much better then the UF/Urban Meyer connection.

Duron Harmon should never have been drafted #91 overall, but I do agree about that
UF/Urban Meyer connection.

Bad means adversely affecting the atmosphere. I imagine lots of the younger players would rather socialize.

I guess this Britt has some athletic ability but damn, he has crap production and brains and character below sea level.

Word on the street is that Britt didn't understand the Titan Offense. Britt learning our Offense is like out of the frying pan and into the fire.:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back