PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kenny Britt is reportedly visiting Patriots Sunday 3/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny Britt ‏@KennyBritt_18 21m
The whole world wanna know where Kenny Britt going ... I'm like homie just wait on it ... Lol ��

I guess I'm not part of the whole world then, because I really just don't care. He's worth taking a cheap flyer on, but that's about it. He has more question marks and red flags than things that he actually does well.

Everything that he's said publicly, about the Pats and the FA process in general, further suggests that he's just not the kind of guy that would do well here. He won't come here because he's looking for the easiest money possible, and if against all odds he does come here, I'm betting that he won't make the team anyway. I hope he goes to the Jets so that he can underperform and get arrested there, all while the fans to try to talk themselves into him being elite like they did with Santonio.

What credit does Britt have in the NFL right now? He's had multiple surgeries, had more run-ins with the law than anyone else in the league, and whatever happened in Tennessee wasn't soley on the Titans.

It's doubtful any of those teams he visited offered him a guaranteed job. Which means he will be battling for a job.

I'm just making the point that outside of Carolina wherever he goes he will be battling for his spot and that he would have as good of a shot seeing playing time in NE as he would with the other teams.

There are plenty of teams in the league that have a well-established track record of catering to headcases to try to squeeze whatever potential they have out of them with no regard for what that does to team identity, culture, etc. I'm thinking that Britt has a much better shot at playing time on any of those teams (Oakland, Jets) than he does here. Here, his baggage won't preclude him from getting a shot, but it will get him cut in a hurry if he doesn't dramatically alter his outlook on his responsibilities as a football player.

Talking about Kenny Britt watch 2014 on twitter etc. He enjoys being courted by teams. Seems clear to me.

Why wouldn't he enjoy it? He was probably looking at his past and wondering if there would be any interest at all.

He's got another chance in the NFL, clearly. I hope he makes the most of it.

Why wouldn't he enjoy it? He was probably looking at his past and wondering if there would be any interest at all.

I never said he shouldn't. I was responding to the poster saying... "clearly?"

It's easier to look at something in todays world and only see the negatives.

It's easier to look at something in todays world and only see the negatives.

Looking at Britt's record...some of the things there smack of someone "on the radar" of local cops. I mean, really, getting knocked to the ground and cuffed at a gas station because he smelled like he had smoked some pot?

Kind of ridiculous, yes?

I guess I'm not part of the whole world then, because I really just don't care. He's worth taking a cheap flyer on, but that's about it. He has more question marks and red flags than things that he actually does well.

Everything that he's said publicly, about the Pats and the FA process in general, further suggests that he's just not the kind of guy that would do well here. He won't come here because he's looking for the easiest money possible, and if against all odds he does come here, I'm betting that he won't make the team anyway. I hope he goes to the Jets so that he can underperform and get arrested there, all while the fans to try to talk themselves into him being elite like they did with Santonio.

Indeed. I haven't and still don't get the intrigue with this chucklehead.

Looking at Britt's record...some of the things there smack of someone "on the radar" of local cops. I mean, really, getting knocked to the ground and cuffed at a gas station because he smelled like he had smoked some pot?

Kind of ridiculous, yes?

Another one that marks his ninth was:

On January 13, 2013, Britt's close personal friend was involved in a stabbing and Britt reportedly drove him to the Jersey City Medical Center. When police attempted to ask Britt about the incident, he was allegedly not willing to cooperate. The incident marks the ninth time Britt was involved with police since he joined the NFL.

It obviously doesn't look good on him for not cooperating, but things like this count as "being involved with the police".

Edit: I'm not saying this guy is a saint and he's wrongly accused on evrything, just that he's worth a $0 guaranteed flyer for what he can bring to the table if he can get his head straight and his knees aren't shot.

We have a great locker room for people who want to succeed but get tempted into other things. If his issue is that he's distracted we're a good place to correct that. He'll either fix it or be gone.

Another one that marks his ninth was:

It obviously doesn't look good on him for not cooperating, but things like this count as "being involved with the police".

Edit: I'm not saying this guy is a saint and he's wrongly accused on evrything, just that he's worth a $0 guaranteed flyer for what he can bring to the table if he can get his head straight and his knees aren't shot.

We have a great locker room for people who want to succeed but get tempted into other things. If his issue is that he's distracted we're a good place to correct that. He'll either fix it or be gone.

Once the count is up to 9, trying to rationalize 1-2 of them is basically rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

The far better position would be to accept that he's a huge legal risk and then debate whether or not his skill on the field is worth dealing with the baggage.

Edit: I do agree with your edit though. if his knee checks out he's worth a minimal cost flyer, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back