PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kansas City is a real threat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since starting 1-5 in 2015, The Chiefs have gone 19-3 in the regular season. But of course they're not a threat.

Any stat that starts "since [arbitrary week that negates five losses to help my case]" is a stat I'm not going to take too seriously...

Since starting 1-5 in 2015, The Chiefs have gone 19-3 in the regular season. But of course they're not a threat.

Since 2013 they are the streakiest team on the planet.

2013...Win 9 in a row....lose 6-of 8
2014- Start 7-3...lose 4 of 6
2015. Start 1-5, win 11 of 12.
2016. Start 2-2 win 7 of 8

Crazy.

You're entitled to be as foolish as you wish.

The Chiefs are 20-8 in the regular season since 2015 is a fine stat, "the Chiefs are 19-3 since starting 1-5 in 2015" is selectively picking an arbitrary starting point.

The Chiefs are 20-8 in the regular season since 2015 is a fine stat, "the Chiefs are 19-3 since starting 1-5 in 2015" is selectively picking an arbitrary starting point.

No, it's not. It's a cherry picked spot, based upon the end of a losing streak, but it's not arbitrary. And you'd be a fool to ignore the point behind it.

And the Patriots handled them with ease in the playoffs. That game was never in doubt.

The Chiefs are exactly the team that wins one playoff game then gets toasted.
This is Reid's career pretty much.
If they play in the wild card round they win, then get eliminated.
If the earn a bye, they get to the championship game and lose.
I haven't looked up Reids record, but im about to, and im sure this is pretty consistently his history.

I haven't looked up Reids record, but im about to, and im sure this is pretty consistently his history.
Pretty close
11 playoff appearances only 3 one and done but curiously they are 3 of the last 4 trips. More interesting, other than the win last year in the wc round vs Houston, Reid has not won a playoff game since 2008. Wow.

Otherwise we know about the one SB loss.
In the remaining 7 trips, he won once and lost the next 5 times and got 2 wins before a NFCC loss twice.

Reid's a mixed bag in the playoffs, and he's taken a team to the SB.

2 wins or more:

1 win:

0 wins:

i don't think they're much better this year than last, really. and yes we had gronk last year, but that was an easy win. i don't see why it should be different

Getting it done in all 3 phases?

Middle of the league in points, bottom of the league in yards

Did I miss them getting an offense?

KC, Denver, Pittsburg, Baltimore and most definitely Oakland are all threats. Will any of them be favored over us? We will find out over the next 2 games.

They won their last 10 last season plus a WC game. I'm not taking them seriously as SB threats until they show me Alex Smith and crew can beat legit teams in the playoffs. Respect is given, not earned.

im not afraid of teams w/ game managers at QB

Good news now that I'm looking at the standings.

If we're battling the Chiefs for the #1 seed and we both finish with the same record at the end of the season, we are guaranteed the tie-breaker (conference record) no matter what.

We're 7-1 in the conference, they're 6-2. Both teams play all AFC teams for their final 4 games so it's impossible for us to finish with the same record but an inferior (or equal) conference record.

Still say Denver is the biggest threat, they have the best defense to give Brady fits more than any other team. I would put KC next then Oakland.

To the Donkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back